You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
2 months ago#221
49. Choose a random page on TVTropes and beat something from the video game section

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Americans***eTingle/VideoGames

26/52

Unwound Future > Diabolical Box > Curious Village > Last Specter > Miracle Mask

249USDollars
2 months ago#222
RyoCaliente posted...
What's everyone's go-to for deciding what to categorize the game you beat as? Do you just follow the list down, starting with the years? Do you pick whatever you think has the least chance of coming up again (beating an RPG when you don't play many RPGs)? Or do you just pick the first thing that comes to mind?

I beat a game
I take into account what other games I'm currently playing or games I'm planning to play
I put the game into the section that's the least likely to come up for me soon

User Info: Cody11533

Cody11533
2 months ago#223
30. Beat a game with a female lead
Celeste
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." -Satoru Iwata
"11533 >>> 1001 imo" - Jeff Zero

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#224
249USDollars posted...
RyoCaliente posted...
What's everyone's go-to for deciding what to categorize the game you beat as? Do you just follow the list down, starting with the years? Do you pick whatever you think has the least chance of coming up again (beating an RPG when you don't play many RPGs)? Or do you just pick the first thing that comes to mind?

I beat a game
I take into account what other games I'm currently playing or games I'm planning to play
I put the game into the section that's the least likely to come up for me soon
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: Arti

Arti
1 month ago#225
I just throw the game I've beaten into whatever category it fits in, and if I have to change it later to accommodate another game, so be it

9. Beat a remake or enhanced port

Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal

12/50
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: HBJDubs

HBJDubs
1 month ago#226
41. Beat a game with a Metascore below 70

Knack. Score probably shouldn't be as low as it is, it's a neat game to play casually

15/50
Save in the name of true love
~Project 1000~

249USDollars
1 month ago#227
14. Beat a JRPG
Pokémon Moon

27/52

Chicken-chan a cute

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#228
Shuffling around, and I have a big update

2. Beat a game released between 1990-1999
Metal Slug X

4. Beat a game released between 2010-2018
Marie's Room

13. Beat a WRPG
Creepy Castle

15. Beat a puzzle game
Fearful Symmetry & The Cursed Prince

23. Beat a sports game
Pool Nation

26. Beat a game with revenge as a central theme
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk

33. Beat a game with a robot/artificial lead
Road to Ballhalla

32. Beat a game with a non-white lead
Beyond Eyes

I still don't know if WRPG vs JRPG is country of origin or style, so f*** it, I'm just going to do what I want.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#229
KCF0107 posted...
I still don't know if WRPG vs JRPG is country of origin or style, so f*** it, I'm just going to do what I want.

Similar. I just go with either country of origin or style of gameplay to determine for myself. Epic Battle Fantasy 5, though clearly made in the west with western humor, is undoubtedly a jRPG in combat, menus, progression, and gameplay. I pretty much go with:

Do you create your own character from scratch? Are there multiple origin options? Do you have a lot of freedom to explore where you want with choices that affect the storyline? Is the D&D style progression? Is combat more real-time than turn-based, often without going onto a separate battle screen?
If two or more of these apply, it's probably a WRPG, IMO.

46. Beat a game that features historical events or people

Glass Masquerade

What It Is: An art deco stained glass repair simulator.

- Short but sweet. Thanks, @KCF0107 for the key! It was a lot of fun. The stained glass windows looked really cool and the shapes were difficult to put together sometimes. I finished all the non-DLC puzzles in under 15 minutes so there wasn't a full like 500-piece puzzle challenge... which would be pretty crazy with this, but fun.

As well, I felt playing this like I was putting together one of those Survivor puzzles with all the crazy shapes. It helped that everything automatically locked into place when I got it on the right spot, and that the pieces were turned correctly for me, but man, I felt like I was racing for Immunity sometimes and I don't think I've ever had that feeling in a video game ever. Thanks again!

Under Historical because there are a few people, ancient races, and events depicted.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: RyoCaliente

RyoCaliente
1 month ago#230
9. Beat a remake or enhanced port

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
How paralyzingly dull, boring and tedious!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge