You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge

User Info: HBJDubs

HBJDubs
2 months ago#211
2. Beat a game released between 1990-1999

Ducktales 2

12. Beat a game made by a developer you've never tried

The Bridge

14/50
Save in the name of true love
~Project 1000~

User Info: MZero11

MZero11
2 months ago#212
BetrayedTangy posted...
10. Beat a game made by a director/composer/artist/etc that you like

Super Mario Bros. 3

Wow what an experience this game. I totally get the hype behind it now. That said this game is hard as s*** and I'm really impressed that people managed to beat this without save states back in the day

Try playing SMB2 (The Lost Levels)! It's quite a bit harder imo
MZero, to the extreme
Listen to Advokaiser's bracket, this may be our last chance

User Info: Dragon66116

Dragon66116
2 months ago#213
24. Beat a game with romance as a central theme
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded
Suddenly, Mudkips. Thousands of them.(preferably OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Congrats to Advokaiser, 2018 Guru champ.

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
2 months ago#214
2. Beat a game released between 1990-1999
Super Mario Kart

25/52

f*** the super blatant cheating computers and f*** Bowser and his infinite fire ball spam

User Info: RyoCaliente

RyoCaliente
2 months ago#215
What's everyone's go-to for deciding what to categorize the game you beat as? Do you just follow the list down, starting with the years? Do you pick whatever you think has the least chance of coming up again (beating an RPG when you don't play many RPGs)? Or do you just pick the first thing that comes to mind?

I mostly go for whatever I think I have the least chance of encountering again in a year.

19. Beat a platformer
Cave Story+

Thank God for OP weapons during that boss rush. Got the normal ending, but I do have access to the final level so I'll play this a little while longer. Didn't really like what I saw when I went down there though...

I don't really play a lot of platformers, but I did enjoy this one. I think it offered enough of a challenge while still being relatively simple. I also went into this thinking it was a Metroidvania, but there really wasn't a whole lot of backtracking and most of the areas were small and contained enough that it wasn't really a bother. Good fun all around!
How paralyzingly dull, boring and tedious!

User Info: BetrayedTangy

BetrayedTangy
2 months ago#216
13. Beat a WRPG

Mass Effect
My Quest to beat the Final Fantasies: I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XII XIII XV

User Info: bryans7

bryans7
2 months ago#217
4. Beat a game released between 2010-2018

FTL. Forgot to put this earlier because I've beaten it about 8 times because I fell into an FTL hole.

RyoCaliente posted...
Do you pick whatever you think has the least chance of coming up again (beating an RPG when you don't play many RPGs)?

This mostly, though FTL was kinda hard so I just stuck it in years even though that's probably the easiest category.
https://i.imgur.com/g8JFMhA.jpg
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
2 months ago#218
23. Beat a sports game

SEGA Bass Fishing

What It Is: A video game based on a minigame from Ocarina of Time.

- I bought the SEGA bundle last week for Sonic Generations. My computer can't handle Sonic Generations. However, it can handle fishing games from three generations ago and thankfully fills one of the hardest categories.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: Arti

Arti
2 months ago#219

Tetris Effect

moved Fill-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure to 11. Beat a game made by a developer you like

11/50
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
2 months ago#220

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

15/50
Our eyes were removed
For our own safety
  1. Boards