You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
4 months ago#21
50. Beat three games in a series (First game)

Crash Bandicoot

f*** that game is hard
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 months ago#22
35. Beat a game with a lead that's from a fictional species

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! (PS4)

The original game was #10 on my 'Top 100 Games List' I did a few years a ago, so I had high expectations for this game to deliver on everything that the original did, and it succeeded for the most part. As with the first game, it looks great, plays great, and is faithful to the original, which is all I wanted. The one spot that it isn't as great, though, is in the voice acting where a bunch of the voices have been changed. In almost all of these cases it was because the original voices were "bad", but there was some charm in the awfulness of them and that same charm is missing here.

It's also my first platinum of 2019!

3/50
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Arti

Arti
4 months ago#23
Starting off with

26. Beat a game with revenge as a central theme

Yakuza Kiwami 2

1/50
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: MZero11

MZero11
4 months ago#24
34. Beat a game with an animal lead

Donkey Kong Country

about 20+ years after I first played it, I have finally beat Donkey Kong Country!

1/50
MZero, to the extreme
Listen to Advokaiser's bracket, this may be our last chance

User Info: sraegonex

sraegonex
4 months ago#25
924 thread count, it's some pretty luxurious stuff.

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 months ago#26
24. Beat a game with romance as a central theme

Florence

This is a very short mobile game about a relationship that makes excellent use of the platform. I hadn't even heard about it until watching/reading Giantbomb's GOTY content, but it might be in my top 5 games of 2018.
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

User Info: Mobilezoid

Mobilezoid
4 months ago#27
47. Play a technically unbeatable game for at least six hours
BanG Dream: Girls Band Party

I should've listened to all the warnings to stay away from gacha games. It starts as a free mobile game featuring characters from an anime I liked and a fun rhythm game aspect. Now GBP owns portions of both my wallet and my soul.

1/50
**R.O.B.A.Z.O.I.D** (On mobile)
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: 249USDollars

249USDollars
4 months ago#28
I'll likely forget about this because I don't plan on hanging around that much, but why not

26. Beat a game with revenge as a central theme
Yakuza Kiwami 2

1/50

It's worse than the original version of 2

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
4 months ago#29
12. Beat a game made by a developer you've never tried

The Flame in the Flood

- Pretty fun and relaxing survival game. There's a nice zen to the late game with enough supplies built up, enough warmth, enough food, that it's kind of chill getting to the end. I understand playing endless mode would be scavenging always, but I had a decent run of it at the end there just cruising along. Excellent soundtrack that reminded me of Life is Strange at times, some decent learning curve... it was enjoyable. Parts of me wish there was a bigger difficulty spike in the latter half or that there were lots more recipes that I needed to hoard for, ending the run with everything full of long unneeded items.

Also, the ending? My mind's kind of reeling on just the mechanics of it.

P.S. Just loaded up the other game I'm playing, and I may have back-to-back same publisher, Curve Digital.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: CrazyJake816

CrazyJake816
4 months ago#30
Whoop, I love doing this challenge. I was so close to getting 50/50 in 2017, but got really burnt out around the end of that year. 2018 wasn't really much of a good year for me, so I didn't finish a lot of games but I'm determined to finally finish 50 games this year.

Here's to a good 2019!

37. Beat a game that's been in your backlog for a longtime

I started Banjo in 2017 but I never finished it until the other day, 100%.

17. Beat a first person shooter

Wolfenstein: The New Order

15. Beat a puzzle game

The Gardens Between
"Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself"- Vergil
GT: Flame Archangel
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge