You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 months ago#11
KCF0107 posted...
I don't think that we can be friends if you are going to badmouth Codemaster's racing portfolio. And I just saw that you admitted you haven't even played them!

I've heard good things about the Dirt and F1 games, and did play a very very small amount of Grid 2 actually which was okay, but pre-2010 does not look great for them!
I was the final Undisputed Champion in UCA history,
however Advokaiser was the Guru Champion!

User Info: Robazoid

Robazoid
4 months ago#12
Johnbobb posted...
for the record I still find it odd that the list is technically 52 games.

I think the original idea is that it's one game for every week of the year. Only having 50 challenges is just catchier, I guess.
**R.O.B.A.Z.O.I.D**

davidponte
4 months ago#13
37. Beat a game that's been in your backlog for a long time

Transistor

Supergiant Games has become one of my favourite developers over the last five years with Bastion being great and Pyre being one of the best games I played in 2018. I've owned Transistor since it was given away on PS Plus back in 2015, but kept putting off playing it for some reason. After seeing Supergiant's new game Hades at The Game Awards I figured I should finally play Transistor, and really liked it!

2/50

davidponte
4 months ago#14
The second page I hit on TV Tropes was "Bleak Level" so I'll go with that. I'm sure I'll find something this year that features something bleak. Posting it here so I don't forget later.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BleakLevel

User Info: HBJDubs

HBJDubs
4 months ago#15
40. Finish a game that took you at least twenty-five hours to beat

Tales Of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World

As usual for me, I end the previous year on a RPG expecting to beat it in the new year. The story is fine, but I had major issues with the gameplay. The monster recruiting system is garbage, but unfortunately is kinda necessary since the party members from the first game are always at fixed levels (usually underleveled too). I'll do a full Tales ranking once I beat Xillia 2 but I think this is the worst one I've played.

1/50. This year is going to start RPG-heavy as I'm doing Xillia 2 next and I'm likely following that up with KH3.
Save in the name of true love
~Project 1000~

User Info: Cody11533

Cody11533
4 months ago#16
Tag

Got a few games I'm close to beating, so my checklist should have a strong start to 2019.
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." -Satoru Iwata
Congrats to Advokaiser, the Guru Champ!

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
4 months ago#17
Have a good amount of games I missed finishing in 2018. Time's passed though and it's tough jumping back in
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: MZero11

MZero11
4 months ago#18
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeMomentOfCrowning

Rolled my trope so going to put it here. Hopefully I do better this year than the last two years 😂
MZero, to the extreme
Listen to Advokaiser's bracket, this may be our last chance

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
4 months ago#19
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasticCasteSystem

Good thing I bought Dragon Age: Origins in the Fall sale. Slim pickens here.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
4 months ago#20
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SofterAndSlowerCover is my trope. Already started to replay Fallout: New Vegas, so that's convenient.
Our eyes were removed
For our own safety
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2019 Video Game Challenge