You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. `````` Nominate SHEIK for CB11! #DownB

User Info: Eddv

Eddv
7 months ago#41
Sheikhy baby
Board 8's Voice of Reason
http://i.imgur.com/chXIw06.jpg

User Info: HaRRicH

HaRRicH
7 months ago#42
Also, here's the first in-house tally -- please feel free to correct me if I misrepresented something or if you want to edit your statement that'll eventually be sent to SB (try not to be too long please).

The Eligibility Tally:

Allow both Sheik and Zelda into the same contests (4):

HaRRicH - Sheik is similarly as separate from Zelda as Nightmare is from Siegfried. Siegfried/Nightmare have made two contests together, so why can’t Zelda and Sheik? Sheik’s importance to the Smash-series shouldn’t be excluded from our contests only because of Zelda’s inclusion.

MetalmindStats - I would personally prefer seeing Sheik in the field along with Zelda. To me, Sheik is distinct enough to merit a separate slot in her own right, and Zelda would be quite a snub.

WarThaNemesis2 - I think they'll be combined nominations, personally, but if both are let in that opens the door for Dark Knight Cecil AND Paladin Cecil both being allowed in so I fully support the cause!

Popcorn_Fairy - I'm down for Sheik. Sheik and Zelda are def different enough that they should be considered separate characters. Sheik would also be a much more fun character to back than the boring usual winning characters. Count me in man, I'll def use a nomination for Sheik.

Only allow Sheik in contests where she out-nominates Zelda (3):

Kenri - I'm down to try, but Sheik and Zelda are literally the exact same person. The precedent has usually been to combine those nominations. I can see Sheik's noms just getting wrapped into Zelda's total.

Logience - I did what now? I didn't say Sheik should be nominated as separate from Zelda. I just said it would be a cute bonus match for ten seconds before I realized it would still end up with Zelda mauling Sheik.

AxemRedRanger - I mean, Zelda's the name she's most known by regardless of nominations. This "outst the princess by outnominating Zelda" thing is a pretty funny and clever idea though, I will admit - especially with the potential victim being a contender for the #2 character on the site! It, uh, probably wouldn't be a good precedent to effectively allow people to have anti-nominations if they can beat the nominations of a popular character by nominating them under an obscure name and possibly guise, though. Rookie, Mr. L, Glenn, Iroquois Pliskin...there's no end to the mischief that could be done, so it probably won't happen. So I think your main hope would be that the latest Smash appearances or whatever are good enough to make SBAllen considering counting her as her own character.

Unsure (8):

Dels - I am happy to pledge it. The more I think about it, the more interesting it is to see how Allen handles it.

Eddv
UltimaterializerX
hombad46
STEINER
Shonen_Bat
TAFKAHurricane
Janus5k
O P E R A T I O N O U S T : Nominate SHEIK!
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/0/0d/Sheik-Victory3-SSB4.png

User Info: Dels

Dels
7 months ago#43
>_> i wasn't aware i had to pick.

i think both sheik and zelda should be in since you explained why they are different characters. if i felt they were the same character then i would feel this was pointless.

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
7 months ago#44
I definitely think she should be eligible, having already voted for her, and I'd be more interested in her getting in than Zelda at this point. I can't 100% guarantee I'd vote for her again next contest, since it's a ways off and my interests might change, but I'd say it's likely.
Official Advokaiser advocate

User Info: pjbasis

pjbasis
7 months ago#45
You have to have a bit of a stick up your ass to think Sheik is just Zelda at this point.

The way the zelda series works tends to cause problems though in this regard.
http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr345/Rakaputra/B8%20Girls%202012/pjbas.png

User Info: MoogleKupo141

MoogleKupo141
7 months ago#46
1) Nightmare is a form of Siegfried = Sheik is a form of Zelda. <-- Ancient Minister is a form of R.O.B., sure I guess.

I don't think this comparison holds up. Nightmare is an entity that inhabited Siegfried's body, not an alternate personality of Siegfried. Nightmare has had non-Siegfried hosts as far back as SC III which was before the two appeared in a contest together

https://soulcalibur.fandom.com/wiki/Nightmare

on the other hand, Sheik is just Zelda in a different outfit. She doesn't exist as a separate entity.
For your BK_Sheikah00.
At least Kupo has class and doesn't MESSAGE the people -Dr Pizza

MoogleKupo141
7 months ago#47
oh I see you addressed that a little earlier

Nightmare was once considered to be Siegfried, but they entirely separated in Soul Calibur 3 = Sheik was once considered to be Zelda, but they entirely separated in SSB4.

Zero Suit Samus was separated from normal Samus too, that doesn't make them different characters. Nightmare and Siegfried actually exist as different beings within the SC story.
For your BK_Sheikah00.

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
7 months ago#48
I'm on board with this but I wouldn't be happy to see Zelda get replaced completely. Hopefully Smash/Hyrule Warriors are enough for them to be considered separate.
Hello again.

MoogleKupo141
7 months ago#49
Hopefully Smash/Hyrule Warriors are enough for them to be considered separate.

the Sheik in Hyrule Warriors doesn't help the argument, she's definitely Zelda in that game like in OoT.
For your BK_Sheikah00.

User Info: HaRRicH

HaRRicH
7 months ago#50
jcgamer107 posted...
I definitely think she should be eligible, having already voted for her, and I'd be more interested in her getting in than Zelda at this point. I can't 100% guarantee I'd vote for her again next contest, since it's a ways off and my interests might change, but I'd say it's likely.

Cool, I'll put you on stand-by, thanks!

pjbasis posted...
You have to have a bit of a stick up your ass to think Sheik is just Zelda at this point.

Yep. Please join us so we can get Sheik her due spot!
O P E R A T I O N O U S T : Nominate SHEIK!
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ssb/images/0/0d/Sheik-Victory3-SSB4.png
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. `````` Nominate SHEIK for CB11! #DownB