You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. VGM Guessing Game, presented by the VGM crew at the B8 Discord (®Mycro)

User Info: MycroProcessor

MycroProcessor
1 month ago#131
Hey so I'll be running a game tonight at 8pm eastern!

It's sort of a big one that I put a lot of effort into so I hope enough people can show up! It goes through the history of my taste in vgm from 2001-now (as in, the music I listened to actively and would put on "fav vgm mixes" and stuff, not necessarily games that came out those years, just what I discovered or loved then). So it should slowly chronicle the evolution of my taste in 2001 to what it is now.

4 songs for each year from '01 to '19 chronologically (one of each difficulty easy/med/hard/insane, in a loop). That totals to 76 songs, though I'm not sure if it will be all that much longer of a game than normal because I am planning on skipping at loop points for things that get guessed and stuff, though it could run long. We'll see.

It's all a lead up to my birthday because I was born at midnight (eastern) at the start of april 1st (yes april fools day) so I thought this is kind of the perfect fun time to run a game with this theme!

Pregame starts in about 45 minutes from now too which will just be a bunch of music I liked pre-2001 (non-vgm mostly) !
time
(edited 1 month ago)

MycroProcessor
1 month ago#132
game starts in 10 minutes!
time

MycroProcessor
1 month ago#133
HEre's the spreadsheet for that crazy list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cMVju5KKAWA89lRw49dDmc1LsJrSbRv3xzfjizN2xDo/edit?usp=sharing

No yt playlist since there were a lot of bandcamp/soundcloud links used.

Glad a ton of people showed up and seemed to enjoy it! Thanks for showing up and playing!!!

18.5 deo
16.25 moon
12.5 place
12.5 rwlh
11 kaon
9.25 dire
9 cako
3.75 jona
3.5 dowolf
2.75 xar
2 lem
2 nfun
0.5 zyx

were the final scores!
time

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
1 month ago#134
game at 7ET by mET
Video Game Music Contest 13 winner: Terraria Calamity - Servants of the Scourge

NFUN
1 month ago#135
made a thing might make more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_zhKZKbkaU

User Info: GTN

GTN
1 month ago#136
so hard for stroman

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#137
I may or may not try to set up a new playlist to run in about two weeks. More than likely, it will happen in late May.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: UF8

UF8
1 month ago#138
Maybe i'll make a "me" list some time solely comprised of things I don't expect others to have heard of

How do they work anyway

I'm guessing there's a private music bot player channel? Does everyone just honourably clear out of that channel when not doing a list or what. Also does the bot accept links to actual files or only yt/sc etc links i know some do and some don't
(edited 1 month ago)

NFUN
1 month ago#139
there is a secret channel called #weird-nfun-stuff where people put in commands for the bot to play music

everybody except me gets rid of the DJ role and they lose access rights to the channel, and you can see who's allowed in by looking at the sidebar if you're untrusting

the bot allows youtube, soundcloud, vimeo, twitch and mixer but not actual files

User Info: UF8

UF8
1 month ago#140
dang what a lame bot

I use one that can handle anything that is mp3/mp4/flac/ogg/m4a/probably other common filetypes even if it's the url of something i just uploaded onto discord. (himebot)

probably has unrelated drawbacks compared to it though. I've never tried tweaking playlists in it for instance
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. VGM Guessing Game, presented by the VGM crew at the B8 Discord (®Mycro)