You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. All Purpose Horror Topic 2018: so Suspiria was f***ing weird (again)

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
4 weeks ago#201
https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1142184244845768704
Official Advokaiser advocate
I watched the Autopsy of Jane Doe last night. For a genre like that, it was surprisingly compelling because they just kept it simple. Maybe a little too much gore for me (and I can handle a lot). But it was actually practical amounts of gore?

Still, as far as a movie where two people are stuck in a haunted morgue, it's probably one of the best I've seen.
Check out my entertainment blog!: www.heroicbiz.com
I discuss video games, comics, movies, and TV!

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
4 weeks ago#203
Yeah it was an interesting premise. I didn't find the execution to be that great, nor do I remember it being especially gory, but not bad for taking place in one setting. The same director is directing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, so I hope that turns out a bit better.
Official Advokaiser advocate

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
4 weeks ago#204
Child's Play is the current best horror of the year, imo.
:>
Truly smilin'
Super sad that it seems like it's not getting any traction.

My buddy and I are debating between seeing Child's Play or the new Annabelle though, since the new Annabelle actually seems like it might be good.

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
4 weeks ago#206
might not be getting traction because the child's play series in notoriously bad
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs
I can't believe you spoiled that for me.

But it may be the reason. It's been considered a joke for a while, but it has a certain iconic value at this point that can't be denied. Like, my girlfriend for instance refuses to see it because she says she remembers these movies when she was a kid and was more afraid of Chucky than anything else. And I know other people who feel similarly.

It's in a very weird spot.
I think people are still kind of sore that they made this remake while the original Child's Play series is still going pretty strong, with a well-liked previous entry and an upcoming TV series.
Listen, suffering is a fact of life. Either you learn how to deal with that or you go under.
https://i.imgtc.ws/2Q88rI4.gif

User Info: v_charon

v_charon
4 weeks ago#209
Snake5555555555 posted...
I think people are still kind of sore that they made this remake while the original Child's Play series is still going pretty strong, with a well-liked previous entry and an upcoming TV series.

They need to give this one a chance though. It's a different take, but in my opinion, it actually exceeded anything the series has (possibly) ever done. It's every bit as good as the original film, in my opinion. Of the 8 films I've seen this year that I'd call horror, it is the best.
:>
Truly smilin'
Speaking of great horror, Midsommar is coming out soon! It's been getting rave reviews.

For those unaware, it's by the same guy who did Hereditary. And people are saying it's just as good in a different way.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. All Purpose Horror Topic 2018: so Suspiria was f***ing weird (again)