• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8 Wrasslin' League: A solo-tabletop-game-based interactive wrestling thing

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#461
https://rave.dj/EKvlTp96MDqmew

let's....do....this?
https://imgtc.com/i/uWMMlnN.png
Soon I will be done with the troubles of the world

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#462
Board 8 Wrasslin' League presents PLAAYMania!

-Bowser welcomes us to the show in his own inimitable style, and brings out John Cena for a chat. Cena gives us a paint-by-numbers promo about the spectacle of PLAAYMania, the honor of main eventing, how bad he's gonna whoop Kora, all that. We're off to a surprisingly uneventful start when @Panthera comes out! The Priest of Greed Dario Cueto has been turning MLMF into his personal stooges lately, and no doubt Bowser will be joining his son when he is cleared to wrestle. When that day comes, Panthera will put a stop to Bowser's envious ways, and he calls Cena to witness this as referee. Bowser laughs off the threat, but Cena seems interested. Anyway though, Cena's got a title to retain, and Panth has a battle royal to win.

-The Miz talks about Harley Race's legacy for a bit, and puts over the battle royal in his honor. This will be dedicated to a different recently departed industry figure every "year," and who better to start the tradition?

-Harley Race Memorial Battle Royal: Everybody not scheduled to wrestle otherwise except injured people and it's very likely I put somebody in the wrong pile at some point

Bison starts us off with a half nelson on Flair, then just chucks him over the top! @XIII_rocks has brought his bag of 13 rocks, and lays into @eaedwards6400 and @MajinZidane with it....knocking Boko over the top! Zangief is chasing @ScareChan around the ring until Scare summons Cena to help him out! Cuz, y'know, the champ has nothing better to do. Truth goes straight after Ludwig, landing one of his corkscrew thingies much to his stablemate's confusion. Ludwig pokes him in the eye, trying to settle him down. Bryan stuns @Panthera with a handspring back elbow.

Cena barely even makes it to the ring before Zangief throws Scare onto him. Ludwig got a bit too fired up himself, and accidentally sends Truth out while trying to do a rope burn. Bryan superkicks Panth over the top! Zangief bludgeons Eaed into submission before ejecting him.

Bryan is apologizing to Panth when Ludwig catches him from behind with a dropkick....but the string of OHKOs has come to an end, as Bryan doesn't even go to the apron. The Koopa Kar fixes that!

Your all-heel final four is Bison, XIII, Zangief, and Ludwig. Zangief appears to be the target of the other three, but YMD are smart enough to hang back while Ludwig charges in and gets lariat'D to heck. Zangief senses the odds, and opens up with a flurry of shots on Bison, but Bison just shrugs it off and hits a Scissors Kick. Bison gets Zangief in a choke hold...and tosses him out before he can catch his breath!

You, Me, and DuPree have already locked this up, but who is the better megalomaniacal brains of the operation? After a staredown, XIII runs in, but Bison simply snapmares him over the top! ...But XIII skins the cat and lands on the apron. XIII battles back, and even manages to get a glancing blow with one of his rocks. XIII gets a chokehold on his subordinate....and drags him over the top for the win!
WINNER: XIII_rocks

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#463
-YMD have a tense but peaceful celebration as XIII hoists the trophy....but wait, here comes Mario! Mario has plenty to worry about already with the title defense and the spat with ownership and the nagging injury and the mysterious attacker, but it looks like he wants to claim vengeance for the beatdown a couple weeks ago! Mario's a house on fire, but wasn't quite ready to charge into enemy territory, and he soon finds himself on the business end of a pedigree. XIII grabs a mic- he's been on a hot streak ever since his first appearance, and it's time he got recognized for it. This statue of this old guy is a decent start, but he wants to settle the score with Cena! Now, he's not dumb enough to issue an Exile challenge, but he thinks that beating up Cena would be a good way to get back in the title picture afterwards, no matter who has the belt by then! So, he wants Cena (non-title) in a hell in a cell....or better yet, ROCKS IN A BOX. Mario recovers, but chooses to walk away instead of getting in a further altercation.

-HARDCORE: King @Maniac64 v. @Strife2
Strife gets a leg up by running in from the crowd instead of making a regular entrance! However, Maniac rebounds off the ropes with a lariat. Strife falls back to the outside, only to pull a weed whacker out from under the ring and take it to Maniac's face. Maniac pulls out a stop sign. Since he's not Shane Storm, it doesn't work on Strife, but whapping him with it does. Maniac sets the apron on fire, and tosses Strife under it as it gets going! Strife emerges from the other side, but Maniac is ready and waiting with a stomp. Maniac has found the glass display case for the trophy from earlier, and breaks it over Strife's head! ....But that only keeps him down for 1. Maniac goes looking, and pulls out a ladder...just to jump off it! Implant DDT on the broken glass! Even Strife's not getting up from that one.
Winner: Maniac

-Maniac says that Kora's gonna beat Cena even worse than he just beat Strife!

-Cueto tells Eddv that the job is half done for him already, so he'd better be able to pick the bones. Just in case, though...he's got one more trick up his sleeve!

-Mastery of Taybles: Champion Mario v. @Eddv
And here comes the referee....R-Truth? In full MLB umpire gear. One is not sure exactly what advantage a crooked referee will grant in a tables match, but Mario is already half dead anyway, so smart money is on Eddv. Mario throws a punch or two, but there's no power behind it. Eddv shrugs it off and catapults Mario to the outside, t'rew a tayble! Truth holds up a successful field goal sign.
Winner and NEW Master of Taybles: Eddv

-Eddv celebrates with his somewhat ill-gotten gains....and sees a letter set on the turnbuckle. Everybody's confused by it. Eddv opens it and takes a look....and shoves Truth away from him! Eddv looks confused and hurt, and Truth just....looks confused. Eddv leaves separately.

-Hardcore Title: Champion @davidponte v. @TheSultanOfSlam
The announcers question the background of the Sultan as he roars at the crowd. Ludwig comes out to complain that he wasn't given this shot, and Sultan takes advantage of the distraction to clobber david with a fire hydrant and toss him through a leftover tayble from last match. David comes back with the ladder from last match, because recycling is important here in B8WL. He traps Sultan's arms in it and delivers a few kicks to his helpless opponent. Sultan rolls out....and David hits End of Days onto exposed arena floor! Even that's not enough to keep Sultan down, though, and David soon finds himself getting rammed into the Spanish announce table. David retaliates in kind, and gets a 2 count. Sultan gets in a chair shot. David gets the chair away and retaliates with that too. There it is...the UCA Special! ...But Sultan eyepokes out of it.
(message deleted)

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#465
-HC Title cont: david v. Sultan
Sultan tries a Camel Clutch, but that's even less effective here, and david manages to slip out the back. David tries a crossbody...but Sultan just catches him and falls onto the discarded chair on top of him! Cover! 1.....2.....3!
Winner and NEW Hardcore Champion: Sultan

-Eddv comes out as Sultan hoists the belt! They're brothers and stuff, y'know, despite Sultan running a foreign heel gimmick. Sultan waves the HC belt at Eddv, and Eddv responds by flaunting the Mastery of Taybles! The tension is palpable- WM20 this ain't.

@IhatethisCPU
-Randy Orton makes an appearance backstage to talk to ECHO. Sometimes legends....just need to be killed. ECHO shouldn't be holding that against Bang or her friends, because no matter how big a legacy is....there's always an Apex Predator in the wings ready to end it. ECHO doesn't respond, but has one eye over their shoulder on the way out for the match.

-UCA Title Mechanicsburg Death Match: Champion Bangladesh DuPree v. ECHO
As a reminder, this is a 2/3 falls count anywhere match, with some limited weapons available. Bang comes out with a walker, mocking Taker; ECHO has lugged a giant oil drum down the ramp, and there is helpfully a large flatscreen TV at ringside just waiting to break on somebody. ECHO shoves the walker backwards, knocking Bang down, but she is back up no sweat. Doesn't save her from the followup dropkick, or from ECHO denting the walker with her skull. They brawl over the rail into the crowd! Bang is first to her feet, and puts the boots to the challenger. She slaps on a Sharpshooter right on the arena steps! ECHO taps out, probably trying to mitigate the damage going into the second fall.
(Bang 1-0)

Bang starts heading back to the ring for more artillery, but ECHO is up and catches her with a lariat off the barricade! ECHO throws in a shot with the walker for old times' sake, although it's getting too Banged up to be all that practical. Still good for a chokeout, though....and then ECHO follows it up with a Spike Piledriver! 1....2....3!
(Tied 1-1)

ECHO's not done, and whips Bang into the ringpost. Bang tries to bring the corner steps into play, but senior official Mike Brown reminds her that's not on the list of permissible weapons. ECHO decides it's time for the oil drum. They go over to fetch it while Bang argues with the ref....wait, when did Bison get here and what was he doing over by the drum? Ah well, it's probably not impor-THE DRUM EXPLODES IN ECHO'S HANDS. ECHO is not particularly responsive as Bang gets the academic pin.
Winner and STILL UCA Champion: Bang

-The announcers decry whatever shadiness YMD just pulled off, as Bang decides to smash the obscenely expensive ChekhovTron 3000 in celebration. ECHO is eventually able to leave under their own power, apparently having some flame-resistant qualities.

-Before Cena's entrance, he gets a promo package talking about some of the greatest sports legends of their time. Cena's legacy of dominance is compared to that of [please insert some current sports megastars]. Out comes TIGER WOODS to walk him to the ring!

((I'm just kinda amused by this result. First, it literally says that the celeb will manage the wrestler "for the rest of the season" and well this is the last show of the season. Also it should give a major popularity boost but Cena's already maxed out. I'd rather give it to @Korayashi but the heel options were Voodoo and the farmer guy from Night Vale, you know, the farmer. Neither of those really seemed to fit his character or the moment!))

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#466
-B8WL Championship Cage Match: Champion John Cena v. Korayashi
Cena slaps Kora, but Kora just shrugs it off. However, Kora can't see the champ. Crowd gets behind Cena and his mind games, but Kora shuts them up with a closed fist. (garnering strong words from Senior Official Donald Johnson) Cena kicks Kora in the head during a sudden burst of flexibility, but Kora backs up before Cena can follow up. That just lets Cena get a head of steam for a running lariat, though. Kora pulls Cena's weird hair, but Cena manages to reverse that into an arm drag. Kora's starting to get uncharacteristically heated, but Cena's already fired up, and they get into a staredown, then a pushing match, then a screaming match! Maniac's at ringside! He slides brass knuckles through the cage into the ring....but Cena gets to them first! He seems to ponder using them....but he's too goody-goody, and discards them. Hey wait, Kora's been climbing the wall while Cena had a moral quandary! Kora jumps off and spears Cena from halfway up the wall! Cena is broken in half, but Kora's not done! Kora throws the champ into each wall of the cage.....Yokosuka Cutter! 1......2......3!
Winner and NEW B8WL Champ: Kora

-The Knights Radiant celebrate in the ring with Kora! Cena takes a while to find his feet, but is eventually able to pull himself together for a ringside interview with Tony Schiavone. Cena starts to talk about his morals, about underestimating Kora, and about his frustration and wanting a rematch....when Kora comes over and shoves the belt in Cena's face, mocking him! The show closes on a frustrated Cena (and an equally frustrated crowd that just realized that the heels swept Mania)

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
1 month ago#467
I think my head hurts...

*Spits out glass and picks it out of teeth*

f***.
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#468
Welcome to SEASON 2! You can nom 3 celebs this cycle.

SHOW 2-1
Rock hosts
Eaed v. Flair: Rematch from a good outing a few weeks back!
Panth v. Ludwig: Can Panth make the son atone for the sins of the father?
ECHO v. Bison: Is ECHO going to be in fighting shape, and can they pay back that explosion attack?
Cena+Scare v. XIII+Bang: XIII still has his sights set on the former champ!
Sultan v. Eddv: The loser will have to defend their new title next week!
Knights Radiant (Kora/Maniac/Zangief) v. Strife+Bryan+Boko: Strife has one last shot at relevance to the title picture, and now he's got backup!

SHOW 2-2
SHOW 2-3: EXILE
ROCKS IN A BOX: Cena v. XIII
MoT Eddv v. Career ???
HC Sultan v. Career ???
UCA Bang v. Career ???
B8WL Kora v. Career ???

FUTURE
Panth/Cueto
GRUDGE (Cena refs): Panth/Bowser

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
1 month ago#469
Victory!

Behold peasants, for the glorious age of the Knights Radiant is here!
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
1 month ago#470
I'll take that team.
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Board 8 Wrasslin' League: A solo-tabletop-game-based interactive wrestling thing
  • Post New Message