• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
4 weeks ago#341
Stressed the f*** out... Brother and his MH issues on WMHD... ugh.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: Underleveled

Underleveled
4 weeks ago#342
Tag to remind myself to post in here later
darkx

User Info: GTM

GTM
4 weeks ago#343
I think it's pretty easy for me to be open with how (I think) I feel with others. One hard thing I have is admitting to myself how I actually feel, I tend to convince myself that nothing is really wrong, convincing myself that I feel okay, and hard to accept help even when people offer. It's been a real s***ty past month, ive been shutting myself off from people, and I've been rejecting help from people because Ive been convincing myself that I dont need it.
GTM - Boko United
survivor and dillos and nintendo and you are awesome
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: banananor

banananor
4 weeks ago#344
Hey gtm, I can empathize with your racing thoughts. Used to have it pretty bad when I was a little bit younger. I particularly connected with

It's like there are two voices. One that says "I am happy." and one that's bullying me saying "Why should I be happy?" that preys on my low confidence in myself

I had that constant additional train of thought being critical. And another one criticizing that voice, and so on.

My only advice for getting past that stage is to give yourself permission to be imperfect, or even stupid, in the same way you give everyone else you care about permission to be who they are.

If looking up some piece of trivia is truly important, you'll remember to look it up later (spoilers: 95% of the time it is not important)

Over analyzing things is a little different. Giving yourself permission to be wrong is a good step. But there's no way to get around your brain without improving your life. Our brains and bodies are programmed to analyze more aggressively when things aren't going so nicely

When things are good, we get a little dumber and a little happier

Overall, I'd try to get the words "deserve", "should", and "worthy" out of your dictionary. Things either are or aren't. They are either possible or impossible. That's my two cents
You did indeed stab me in the back. However, you are only level one, whilst I am level 50. That means I should remain uninjured.

GTM
4 weeks ago#345
I've definitely tried to get "should" out of my dictionary, but it comes back from time to time.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts
GTM - Boko United

GTM
4 weeks ago#346
I've been asking people how they're doing, )hoping to hear something positive and being happy for them. But at the same time I dont want them to ask the same of me...
GTM - Boko United

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
4 weeks ago#347
GTM posted...
I've been asking people how they're doing, )hoping to hear something positive and being happy for them. But at the same time I dont want them to ask the same of me...

Big mood man. I ask about the other person and how they're doing and what they're up to but when they ask me, I just wanna shut down. <_<
PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
Switch FC: SW-6848-3841-9099
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: GenesisSaga

GenesisSaga
3 weeks ago#348
I've been pushing myself way too hard lately...
"If you never spread your wings, how can you know whether or not you are truly meant to fly?" - ME!!

GTM
3 weeks ago#349
At a wedding party and I'm not the greatest at this social thing
GTM - Boko United
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]
  • Post New Message