• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]

User Info: jcgamer107

jcgamer107
1 month ago#301
GenesisSaga posted...
I can't stand the sound of my own thoughts which is why I like to listen to background music while I work out or get chores done, but I can't do that when I wake up early or I'll wake up my partner too. He's an unreasonably light sleeper.
Hmmm, that's tricky....do you have headphones & something to play either relaxing music or something else chill to listen to that might relax your mind and help you fall back asleep, without waking your partner? I would also say that, while I partially agree with WhiteLens that you shouldn't necessarily jump to medication right away, if you did want to try some anti-anxiety medication, a low dose of xanax or buspar could be helpful.
Official Advokaiser advocate

User Info: GenesisSaga

GenesisSaga
1 month ago#302
WhiteLens posted...
That said, if your insomnia is new then you could very well just do nothing and it'll go away. Often when whatever it is that's stressing you out goes away, so will your insomnia. It'll be rough, but if you just ride it out, it can go away on its own. It often helps to just be ok on little sleep and go about your day. Despite all the fear mongering that people say about the effects of little sleep (and a lot of it is scare tactics that haven't really been proven) the body is very resilient on low sleep.

Biggest thing to remember is that you can't force sleep to happen, and "trying" to sleep often does the opposite, keeping you awake. It's something that happens on its own, and good sleepers don't think anything about their sleep.

Thank you for your wise words. I had roughly 5 hours of sleep last night and while I don't feel ideal I at least feel normal. FWIW I don't think I have general anxiety, but I did have a panic attack just thinking I would never get a full night's rest ever again. It's rough going from 8 or 9 hours when you have depression to going to 3-4. Wish I could hit that good old 6.5 equilibrium sooner rather than later, but I understand now that I can't just force it. Even though I'm more of a morning person my job forces me to be out late. I love my job but I fear it's killing me slowly. Sorry for blogfaqs y'all.
"You're stronger than you believe. Don't let your fear own you. Own yourself." - Michelle Hodkin

GenesisSaga
1 month ago#303
jcgamer107 posted...
GenesisSaga posted...
I can't stand the sound of my own thoughts which is why I like to listen to background music while I work out or get chores done, but I can't do that when I wake up early or I'll wake up my partner too. He's an unreasonably light sleeper.
Hmmm, that's tricky....do you have headphones & something to play either relaxing music or something else chill to listen to that might relax your mind and help you fall back asleep, without waking your partner? I would also say that, while I partially agree with WhiteLens that you shouldn't necessarily jump to medication right away, if you did want to try some anti-anxiety medication, a low dose of xanax or buspar could be helpful.

I do have headphones, but when I say he's an unreasonably light sleeper I mean he's a RIDICULOUSLY light sleeper, where even plugging in the headphones (and thus causing my phone light to come on) might cause him to stir if not wake up. I gotta walk on tiptoes just so ONE of us can get some REM.
"You're stronger than you believe. Don't let your fear own you. Own yourself." - Michelle Hodkin

User Info: GTM

GTM
1 month ago#304
There are days where nothing is wrong, but I just feel done with the day for no reason. Today is one of those days. I'm not completely wrecked as I've seen in the past, where I would break down and just constantly ask myself why and get no answer. But today, I just want to do nothing and sleep and just let today go. Very malaise and bleh and hope this day just ends.

Basically I was hoping writing something would clear my head, but it hasn't and hasn't really revealed any new info, in today's case anyways.
GTM - Boko United
survivor and dillos and nintendo and wrestling

GenesisSaga
1 month ago#305
We all have days like that. Don't forget you're not alone and that better days are on the horizon.

User Info: GTM

GTM
1 month ago#306
Yeah, I was doing better than I usually do in that situation. If indifference is better than uncontrollable unreasonable amounts of tears.
GTM - Boko United
survivor and dillos and nintendo and wrestling
We all have days like that. For me, that was this last Saturday, lol.

I don't spend those days thinking about death anymore, thankfully. I tend to just think about how much I hate how my job is controlling my life, and no solution presents itself when I'm in that state. However, it does help remind me that I have to do SOMETHING. On all my better days, I'm still trying to figure out what. Particularly when I'm at work >_>

As my boss literally requested of me, I am being much less productive, so that helps prevent burnout, at least.
~ BlueCrystalTear at large ~ [this space still for lease 7 years later]
https://i.imgur.com/sclpQaM.jpg

User Info: Mr Lasastryke

Mr Lasastryke
1 month ago#308
That moment when, after typing 889 words, you decide to not post them in the mental wellness topic >_>

I don't mean to vaguebook and I'll probably post what I just wrote eventually, but I think I need to sit on it for awhile first. At least typing out my thoughts already made me feel better, so that's something.
Geothermal terpsichorean ejectamenta
(edited 1 month ago)
Mr Lasastryke posted...
At least typing out my thoughts already made me feel better

Always works. Helps you see the bigger picture, too. Trust me - I've done the same thing, so I don't blame you.

If you need us, we'll be here. Hope things keep looking up! :)
~ BlueCrystalTear at large ~ [this space still for lease 7 years later]
https://i.imgur.com/sclpQaM.jpg

GenesisSaga
1 month ago#310
I had a hump day from hell, but I was way too exhausted to say anything about it. The silver lining to my s*** Wednesday is that it kicked my circadian rhythm back in check so now I'm at a good place again in terms of getting enough rest. 7-7.5 hours for the last two nights. I hope this keeps up and I don't relapse any time soon because I really don't need another panic attack in my life for at least the remainder of September.

Instead of stressing about rest now I'm stressing out about money. I know charon and GenesisMama are there for me as a financial safety net, but dammit it's so embarrassing as an actual adult to have to rely on other people. I need a second job or a new job altogether, but I'm already working so many hours that I don't have time to apply for a new one, and I NEED all the hours because I'm in dire straits so I can't afford to drop a shift and basically ALL my leisure time is currently going into sprucing up the apartment for when we inevitably have guests and augh.

Sorry for stream of consciousness BlogFAQs just needed to vent.

Edit: Also I should mention I (usually) love my job, but it's just not earning me enough money lately. I don't want to quit, but I need a more reliable source of income. In other words, it's a great job, but I need a CAREER.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]
  • Post New Message