You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]

User Info: SuperNiceDog

SuperNiceDog
9 months ago#31
Mr Lasa I'm glad you recognized the culture that this Board has accepted as normal as likely being toxic. They name call a lot, call people idiots, stupid, dumb, and worse, like you said. Insults are thrown around like nothing. And it's accepted as normal, and quickly moved on from without a second thought once the next match starts.
GJ BK_Sheikah

SuperNiceDog
9 months ago#32
DpObliVion posted...
Appreciate you for sharing. I'm definitely going through the worst depression of my life too. It's hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. My life is just shallow and empty. I waste every day. There's so much that I can do and need to do to change things for the better, but I just don't. I'm afraid of the change, or I just don't have the motivation.

Either way, I just keep trying to push on.

do you go to the gym at all DpOblivion? Exercise can really help getting over sadness.

I recognize your name from previous contests too, you're for sure a regular on here. You matter in this world, you've made an impact on me through your participation in these contests alone.
GJ BK_Sheikah

User Info: Mr Lasastryke

Mr Lasastryke
9 months ago#33
SuperNiceDog posted...
Mr Lasa I'm glad you recognized the culture that this Board has accepted as normal as likely being toxic. They name call a lot, call people idiots, stupid, dumb, and worse, like you said. Insults are thrown around like nothing. And it's accepted as normal, and quickly moved on from without a second thought once the next match starts.

Exactly. Another recent example of this is the debate I recently had in the topic of the Gauntlet crew ranking science fiction movies. Therein I was called (among other things) a "precious little snowflake," a "complete jackass" and "someone with the mental capacity suited to the Transformers franchise." Mind you that I'm far from proud of my own posts in that debate (especially the first few posts, which I made when I was a bit upset), but at least I was never throwing out insults and calling people names like that. The fact that toxicity like that is accepted as completely normal in that topic says a lot about this board.

I hope sometime we (as a community) are able to have a civilized conversation about the toxicity here because, like I said, it's definitely needed.
Geothermal terpsichorean ejectamenta

User Info: STElNER

STElNER
9 months ago#34
SuperNiceDog posted...

did you mean insults like "SJW cuck" or like "gay"?

User Info: DpObliVion

DpObliVion
9 months ago#35
I actually have exercise equipment right in my house that I don't use, even though I know I should for both physical and mental reasons. I just don't, whether it's anxiety or lack of motivation. I feel like I self-sabotage or it's self-fulfilling prophesy or something, I just continue to allow myself to suffer. It's all I've ever known, and I feel like it's easier that way, even though I know it's not. I know it's irrational.

Just lack of motivation is the big one right now, I guess. Feeling like I'll always be alone and won't ever fit into this world. There are things I can do to make improvements, but I'll never get to where I want to be. Don't even think I could handle the life I want even if the opportunity presented itself at this point.
LGM

SuperNiceDog
9 months ago#36
Mr Lasastryke posted...
SuperNiceDog posted...

Exactly. Another recent example of this is the debate I recently had in the topic of the Gauntlet crew ranking science fiction movies. Therein I was called (among other things) a "precious little snowflake," a "complete jackass" and "someone with the mental capacity suited to the Transformers franchise." Mind you that I'm far from proud of my own posts in that debate (especially the first few posts, which I made when I was a bit upset), but at least I was never throwing out insults and calling people names like that. The fact that toxicity like that is accepted as completely normal in that topic says a lot about this board.

I hope sometime we (as a community) are able to have a civilized conversation about the toxicity here because, like I said, it's definitely needed.

It's possible that there's no way to change the culture. There is a cycle of hatred that is just so easy to fall into, the need to bully back. Those comments are just rude that they gave you.

I think if they talked about the issue on The Show it would help a little.
GJ BK_Sheikah
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: GTM

GTM
9 months ago#37
stay well
GTM - Boko United
survivor and dillos and nintendo and wrestling

User Info: GTM

GTM
9 months ago#38
stay true
GTM - Boko United
survivor and dillos and nintendo and wrestling

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
9 months ago#39
Having job doubts, grieving my grandmother before she's even gone (she has Alzheimer's and it's only a matter of years), at odds with family, and finding it
hard to get excited for christmas this year.

Also, Somewhat disillusioned with a few things I enjoy, including this site at times.

Short end of it, I feel like I'm being f***ing laughed at and going backwards.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...

User Info: Whiskey_Nick

Whiskey_Nick
9 months ago#40
stay strong
I am Nick. Go Sens, Bills, Blue Jays!
UotY 2015, You should listen to The Show w/ Ngamer and Yoblazer
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]