• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]

User Info: CaptainOfCrush

CaptainOfCrush
1 month ago#231
Yeah, while I'm just an occasional reddit lurker, I've never seen trolls make their presence known there. Contrast that with GameFAQs, where some of the most active boards (CE, NGG, NBA, WWE) are rife with piss-poor trolls.

Collectively, we're not as bad as Yahoo or those other forums with crazy 50-year-old racists, buuuuut we're probably a lot worse than reddit.
Yoblazer
http://i.imgur.com/gByqgPg.gif
All right I have to vent

I’m from Hong Kong which was all over the news for more than a month so I won’t elaborate what’s going on there.

I’m following every development and can’t stop looking at my phone at work. Every few days I get to see videos and pics of people getting tear gassed, shot at or beaten up. It makes me feel terrible and angry and I lost sleep.

It all seems hopeless. I joined some protest marches but government isn’t budging an inch. Some of my friends have gone off to clash with the cops and I fear they’re going to end up arrested or injured or killed, while I sit around at home doing nothing.

If things get even worse I’m thinking of emigrating but don’t have the money. This f***ing sucks.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
1 month ago#233
Oh s***, I haven't heard what's going on there.
PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
Switch FC: SW-6848-3841-9099

User Info: Hardcore_Adult

Hardcore_Adult
1 month ago#234
CaptainOfCrush posted...
Yeah, while I'm just an occasional reddit lurker, I've never seen trolls make their presence known there. Contrast that with GameFAQs, where some of the most active boards (CE, NGG, NBA, WWE) are rife with piss-poor trolls.

Collectively, we're not as bad as Yahoo or those other forums with crazy 50-year-old racists, buuuuut we're probably a lot worse than reddit.

Better the devil you know.
I'll get back up for good this time and I ain't comin' down...
I'm back at work and am again questioning the meaning of life. My job beats me into a cog, a place where I'm unappreciated, ignored, and forced to follow the rules that everyone else openly ignores. They are forcing me to try to stay sane while denying me everything that allows me to do so. My skills are being left outside to rot despite demands - since requests over two failed - to have additional duties that better utilize what I have to offer. I am an unvalued employee and therefore my job has no meaning. This is destroying my self-esteem.

I have not been able to get another position elsewhere despite my best efforts, and even then I don't know if I'd like such a thing. I want to figure out what to do with my life and I don't know how to process it. I'm utilizing every resource available to me - I got INFJ-T on a personality test, which is... very complex and deep (it's a weak N, though, so I'm equally an ISFJ-T - and from the description, that one feels more like me, but only slightly).

I'm working with a vocational rehabilitation counselor, but it took me a month to hear back from him so that's... kind of an issue. I keep getting that. People promise to be in touch and I never hear back. I always have to initiate contact. That's with friends, with Meetup groups, with prospective employers, with my boss, with pretty much everyone. That's taking its toll on me. I don't like how I have to always be the responsible one, since that gets overwhelming.

This all is not helping. I don't like where my life is at. I want to 1) figure out what I want to do for a career, 2) fix this country's f***ed-up work culture, 3) find a girlfriend, 4) have a life that feels meaningful, and 5) not be online so damn much.

...sigh...
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.

User Info: GTM

GTM
1 month ago#236
bump
GTM - Boko United
survivor and dillos and nintendo and wrestling

User Info: GTM

GTM
1 month ago#237
hurting more than usual tonight. hope y'all doing better.
GTM - Boko United
survivor and dillos and nintendo and wrestling
I’m not. It’s really bad, and for no good reason, and then I see this dumb s***.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/77897348

Like I get it. No one wants me here. I’ve been doing a lot better with being nice to everyone and then I see crap always thrown in my face. It gets old.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png

User Info: greengravy294

greengravy294
1 month ago#239
I hate my job, I hate that I'm financially secure, but I also know the job I'm at is going to kill me. f***ed up my back last week, had to miss work because its physical labor. Gotta put in a ticket so my absence is excused because I work for a totalitarian company that fires you for absences. I don't know what will make me happy. I've had a job I liked and the money and it didnt make me happy, I've had relationships but I wasn't happy....so part of me says I'll just be unhappy doing anything.

I need a better job but I never really feel like looking. I majored in Biology and sucked at it.. my only job in that field barely related to it. I tried CS but it was too hard. I suppose I'd say I am "depressed" because stuff I liked to do I just have no energy or interest in pushing to do. I can't even bother to apply to other jobs. I wish someone else would do it for me, that's my attitude, I've always had someone guiding me and I really dont now.

My resume was professionally done and it's in PDF, I tried to convert it but who knows if itd be parsed properly when I do a job application. I don't even know what to do with Biology. I don't even really enjoy it any longer. I enjoy stuff like sociology and psychology; the way people tick interests me alot. But that ship has sailed. I'm almost 30, I don't wanna do school any longer.

I live at home paying a modest rent to parents that don't need my money. It's just being put into a rainy day fund. I've wanted to move out for years now but job stability is just not there for me. I'm making a "decent" living right now but who knows in half a year? Or a year. I'd want to buy a condo, but if I cant do the monthly payments then I'm kind of f***ed.

I rarely rant like this any more. You either die a hero or end up a s***poster. s***posting at least makes me happy to post insipid, intentionally obtuse topics. It breaks me out of isolation. I work nights now with a two hour drive, 10 hour work days. So half of my life I am either sleeping, at work, or barely having time to myself (let alone driving). I have no time to even really date, but I'd like to, but...that's another story I suppose. I would imagine most people that actually talk to me and know me know I'm deeply unhappy with my life, so at work it's difficult to not really drag people down with my own problems.
https://imgur.com/a/LEqiW
https://imgur.com/iXHxhET
greengravy294 posted...
I hate my job, I hate that I'm financially secure, but I also know the job I'm at is going to kill me. f***ed up my back last week, had to miss work because its physical labor. Gotta put in a ticket so my absence is excused because I work for a totalitarian company that fires you for absences. I don't know what will make me happy. I've had a job I liked and the money and it didnt make me happy, I've had relationships but I wasn't happy....so part of me says I'll just be unhappy doing anything.

I need a better job but I never really feel like looking. I majored in Biology and sucked at it.. my only job in that field barely related to it. I tried CS but it was too hard. I suppose I'd say I am "depressed" because stuff I liked to do I just have no energy or interest in pushing to do. I can't even bother to apply to other jobs. I wish someone else would do it for me, that's my attitude, I've always had someone guiding me and I really dont now.

My resume was professionally done and it's in PDF, I tried to convert it but who knows if itd be parsed properly when I do a job application. I don't even know what to do with Biology. I don't even really enjoy it any longer. I enjoy stuff like sociology and psychology; the way people tick interests me alot. But that ship has sailed. I'm almost 30, I don't wanna do school any longer.

I live at home paying a modest rent to parents that don't need my money. It's just being put into a rainy day fund. I've wanted to move out for years now but job stability is just not there for me. I'm making a "decent" living right now but who knows in half a year? Or a year. I'd want to buy a condo, but if I cant do the monthly payments then I'm kind of f***ed.

I rarely rant like this any more. You either die a hero or end up a s***poster. s***posting at least makes me happy to post insipid, intentionally obtuse topics. It breaks me out of isolation. I work nights now with a two hour drive, 10 hour work days. So half of my life I am either sleeping, at work, or barely having time to myself (let alone driving). I have no time to even really date, but I'd like to, but...that's another story I suppose. I would imagine most people that actually talk to me and know me know I'm deeply unhappy with my life, so at work it's difficult to not really drag people down with my own problems.
Trust me on this -- you live one life and spend 50 years of it working. If you're not happy, leave and do something else. I don't care if it's something menial. If you're happy, that is all that matters.

I've been where you are. It is not a good path. Leave.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. mental wellness at board 8 [bipolar] [depression] [anxiety] [health] [antipurge]
  • Post New Message