• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mac Ranks 111+31 User-Nominated Anime - The Rankings!

User Info: pyresword

pyresword
1 year ago#41
That was farther than I got in Engaged to the Unidentified lol.

To be fair, I was kind of in a slump due to other reasons when I tried to watch it though, so there is a chance I'd like it if I went back to try again. Unfortunately that's probably not likely to happen, but you never know I guess.
Congratulations to BK_Sheikah00, this year's guru to achieve contest enlightenment!

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#42
104. Kill Me Baby
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/3/35405l.jpg
@GavsEvans123

More like kill gavsevans for nominating so many bad comedies lolol (Who is GavsEvans123 anyway? I don't think I've seen the name before). Kill Me Baby has a fun premise about an assassin girl and her best friend (who is some sort of ninja kind of), plus a cute art style. The other characters are solid too IIRC, though the Rie Kugimiya character was dumb. Unfortunately this was another show where I just didn't find it funny. I'm pretty sure I watched the whole thing here too. The show had so much potential for fun antics and just didn't deliver on it. Maybe it was the presentation or something? It should've been more wild and crazy, but they go for a sort of more restrained deadpan humor which didn't really fit the premise as much.
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

User Info: UF8

UF8
1 year ago#43
given that I have yet to see any of mine, I am just going to assume that they're all on the refuse to watch list

even Ragnastrike Angels despite it only being like 3 minutes long in total
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: AxemRedRanger

AxemRedRanger
1 year ago#44
All of mine are probably there too!
[NO BARKLEY NO PEACE]
[NO BKSheikah NO PEACE]

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#45
I have watched at least one anime on Axem and/or UF8's lists!

I have also not watched at least one. <_<

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#46
103. Peace Hame
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/9/36677l.jpg
@swordz9

Why the hell would you even nominate this travesty? It’s technically better than the previous hentais by virtue of not having a boring or terrible plot, and it actually does have a couple decent scenes, but the animation sucks and it’s basically a horrible adaptation of the manga it’s based on. I guess I could imagine someone liking this if they’d never read the original, but even then the animation would probably hold them back. My feelings on this are somewhat similar to my thoughts on Umineko you could say, though this didn’t offend me quite as much.

User Info: UF8

UF8
1 year ago#47
watch snow fairy sugar

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#48
102. Rahxephon
@MartinFF7
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/1/165l.jpg

Ah, Rahxephon. Truly the “Day Break Illusion” of 2002. Basically a ripoff of Eva in every way, without taking any of the good parts. There’s a lot of stuff in Eva that doesn’t make sense, and just exists to seem cool, but most of that stuff doesn’t really matter (other than the last couple episodes which are legit flawed). In Rahxephon, all that stuff that doesn’t make sense is central to the plot and characters. The setting is bizarre, the flow of the plot is nonexistent, and the motivations of the characters change along with the writer’s mood. It’s been a long time since I watched the series, and because it was so nonsensical I don’t really remember the details much. I watched it with a friend, and we basically just made fun of it the whole time. Even the animation/action wasn’t that great, which is a pretty big strike against an action show. My expectations were reasonably high, so this was a pretty big disappointment. Thankfully the series is mostly forgotten and no one recommends it anymore.

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#49
101. Baka & Test - Summon the Beasts
@GavsEvans123
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/3/50389l.jpg

Easily one of the dumbest localized titles of all time. Not only does it pointlessly keep a Japanese word, it also sounds super Engrishy. A 100% literal TL would sound much better. I suppose the series itself isn’t really deserving of high quality translation though. It’s yet another entry in the “comedies that aren’t that funny” rankings. This one is a bit more story focused than the previous ones, and it’s also a little bit funnier overall, but the story and characters aren’t that great, so that aspect isn’t much of a plus.

One of the more notable things about the series for anime is that the cast is pretty evenly balanced gender-wise. LN MCs are usually pretty lame, but Akihisa is actually pretty funny. The male cast is actually really good in general, with Kouta probably being the funniest character in the show. He’s constantly doing terrible things, but he’s so over the top that you can’t really hate him. The ladies, on the other hand, are not so great. Shouko’s yandere tendencies are funny a couple times, but 90% of the time they’re just annoying. Minami is one of the worst examples of the tsundere how hits the main character all the time for no reason. Mizuki is...okay, but she isn’t very funny. The female half of the cast killing the fun basically took a potentially great show and made it mediocre.

User Info: Anagram

Anagram
1 year ago#50
Tag
Not changing this sig until I decide to change this sig.
Started: July 6, 2005
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mac Ranks 111+31 User-Nominated Anime - The Rankings!
  • Post New Message