• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mac Ranks 111+31 User-Nominated Anime - The Rankings!

User Info: Mac Arrowny

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#11
I feel like liking Soma as a character would be key to enjoying the series in general, so I think I'm fine not watching the later seasons :p
All the stars in the sky are waiting for you.

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#12
110. Black Bullet
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/6/57947l.jpg
@Team_Rocket_Elite

Unlike Food Wars, I felt like Black Bullet actually had a lot of potential. The show is full of cute little girls, the main character is actually a pretty cool guy (for a harem protagonist anyway, he still has a couple issues), and there’s a neat post-apocalyptic setting. Unfortunately for me, the series is just…really unpleasant. I try to make a distinction between two types of series that inspire negative feelings: some of them are sad, and some of them are depressing. I quite enjoy sad series, and it’s great to feel moved to tears. Depressing shows just make me feel bad and hate everything. BB falls into the latter category. Rather than moving sacrifices fighting the evil monsters, we get more of a focus on humans being evil pieces of s***.

The girls are all mistreated in general because they have monster blood in them (it’s what allows them to fight the monsters), and almost every single person in the world hates them because of this (none of them appreciate that they would be completely wiped out if not for these girls, because the show is poorly written). The main girl is kinda overly obsessed with the MC, but she has some good scenes in general, and is pretty entertaining. There’s a cute sniper girl who starts out a little bit evil and gets some development, and some girls that are being manipulated by humans who are evil for some reason (we never find out why there would be humans on the side of monsters trying to wipe out humanity, but whatever). Lots of them get cool arcs developing them and they end up on the side of good. This is the best part of the show, along with actually fighting the monsters (which rarely happens – for some reason the humanity-destroying monsters barely ever attack humanity). The plot of the series mainly involves regular humans being pieces of s*** to the girls though. There’s an episode where the MC helps build a school for these girls (they don’t get to go to ordinary school because they’re monsters), especially the younger ones. I think a bunch of them are like 6, 7, 8 years old. The episode ends with terrorists blowing up the school and slaughtering dozens of children, because they’re just that evil. There’s a bit of a character arc with the MC where one of the bad guys tries to convince him that humanity is worthless and not worth fighting for. At least the series does a good job convincing you that the villain is right, I guess.

User Info: TexasZea

TexasZea
1 year ago#13
Reg posted...
I can see the argument for s2 being better I guess

S3 is mega YIKES though, as is the manga since around the same point.

(Full disclosure, I do really like Soma as a character)

I guess I just thought S1 was boring and repetitive like mac said. the plot they introduce is pretty dumb but yeah, at least there's tension this way.
respek

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#14
109. Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro
https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/anime/1/2278l.jpg
@NowItsAngeTime

If people were going to nominate hentai for the list, it would be nice for them to actually have something interesting going for them. There’s basically no interesting story here (except that it kinda seems like the girls both decide to ditch the guy at the end or something?) and the sex scenes are all pretty bland. And hey, if a hentai doesn’t have hot sex scenes, what is even the point?

User Info: BK_Sheikah00

BK_Sheikah00
1 year ago#15
So Soma is not worth watching after Risa Taneda left?
Singing my song for my dream
http://i.imgur.com/v58wdlU.png

User Info: kateee

kateee
1 year ago#16
please don't @ me when mine come up

User Info: BK_Sheikah00

BK_Sheikah00
1 year ago#17
Black Bullet was worth it for that ED. And the tenchu magical girls.
Singing my song for my dream
http://i.imgur.com/v58wdlU.png

User Info: greengravy294

greengravy294
1 year ago#18
Were my noms too late =(?
https://imgur.com/a/LEqiW

Mac Arrowny
1 year ago#19
Yeah the ED is great definitely. Best part of the episode every time, lol.

greengravy294 posted...
Were my noms too late =(?

Your noms were too late, yes. Sorry gravy ;_;
(edited 1 year ago)

User Info: swordz9

swordz9
1 year ago#20
I vaguely remember Black Bullet. I know I finished it at least and it wasn’t during integrity so it must’ve been ok enough
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Mac Ranks 111+31 User-Nominated Anime - The Rankings!
  • Post New Message