Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #4

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #4

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
2 months ago#41
Don't worry azuarc! You'll bounce back. Let those who have had most of their nominations exit already enjoy what little time left they have on top.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
2 months ago#42
Was gonna say, I'm pretty confident I was doing well...
Video Game Music Contest 12 winner: Ys 8 - Sunshine Coastline

User Info: GenesisSagat

GenesisSagat
2 months ago#43
Pay attention to this chapter!

Look how amazing it is.

User Info: Gmun

Gmun
2 months ago#44
like I said, I can't justify monkey ball, but that was my brother's purchase so I don't have to!

the other 7 games though are perfectly fine games, so I don't see what's wrong with owning them!
gmun alt

User Info: MaleB8er

MaleB8er
2 months ago#45
Yeah my first comics were also the death of superman and the Reign of the Supermen.

I have an unusually high affinity for Superboy as a result.
that turns me on

User Info: Se7enthrust

Se7enthrust
2 months ago#46
====================================
{ 1,070th Place } [80's][ 225th Place] @Raka_Putra
Song: "Name Four Horsemen"
Band: Gamma
Album: Gamma 2
---{ 1980 }---
Genre: Rock
Score:[6.2][5.2][5.2][3.2][5.3][4.1][3.2] = [32.4] = [4.628]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2Yqqw2byg

Write-Up:
Some decent background rock when you're at the billiard for sure and I know from experience. It's enough of a beat to get almost any Rock fan pumped up but I distinctly recall playing a game against a friend of mine and sank a few impressive shots jamming out to this. Unfortunately that's all I got really except a vague rememberance in a movie I can't quite remember atm but I'm sure this was used. I can recall no other significant times in my life where I have heard this song played. It's kinda weird because it sounds like it would have been so mainstream. Oh well at least it made it on to this list right?
"Best read of the game goes to se7en. Who correctly surmised this town is full of idiots." - Corrik
Se7enthrust ~ Dude_Dexter
(edited 2 months ago)

Se7enthrust
2 months ago#47
{ 1,069th Place } [70's][ 184th Place]
Song: "Rocky Mountain Way"
Band: Joe Walsh
Album: The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get
---{ 1973 }---
Genre: Rock
Score:[4.3][5.2][4.2][4.3][4.1][4.3][6.1] = [32.5] = [4.642]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt75y38J00s

Write-Up:
Meh... kinda mediocre Rock imo but I know a few fans. You can find this tune in a fair amount of Jukeboxes as well but I wouldn't say enough to call it a piece of Jukebox Rock. The beat is pretty basic for any Rock standard imo. I haven't listened to too many of Joe Walsh's songs so I wouldn't be able to recognize one if it popped up on the radio probably. I have heard this particular song more than a few times which is why I selected it. I thought it might just be filler anyway so I'm surprised to see it so close to the Top 1,000. This is a decent drinking song tbh no matter how tough on it I am.
"Best read of the game goes to se7en. Who correctly surmised this town is full of idiots." - Corrik

Se7enthrust
2 months ago#48
{ 1,068th Place } [10's][ 209th Place]
Song: "Blame"
Band: Calvin Harris
Album: Motion
---{ 2014 }---
Genre: EDM
Score:[6.2][5.2][2.1][4.3][1.3][4.2][9.2] = [32.5] = [4.642]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ACl8s_tBzE

Write-Up:
Oh hey, here is a blast from hardly anyone's past. Just kidding but that was a reference to how not old this is. If you are into EDM this is an amazing sample I'm sure but something about this guys voice sounds funny to me almost like I can hear him imitating a voice that isn't his or something. Anyway the beat is above average for the most part and I would continue to listen if this popped up on the radio. I bet you could really rave hard to this tune if you were on happy pills though. This is one of the tunes that was near the top of my wife's nomination list.
(edited 2 months ago)

Se7enthrust
2 months ago#49
{ 1,067th Place } [10's][ 208th Place] @Phoenix_Smasher
Song: "Just A Ride"
Band: Rishloo
Album: Living as Ghosts with Buildings as Teeth
---{ 2014 }---
Genre: Progressive Rock
Score:[7.1][6.2][5.2][0.3][5.3][4.2][4.2] = [32.5] = [4.642]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuqUBALfsL4

Write-Up:
So I came across this tune randomly (I filled the bot list before it was claimed by Phoenix) and had never heard it until then but it's a tune that is slowly growing on me. I'm not sure if it will pop up as a Ranking Regret or not but I sort of really like the beat here as it's so fantastical and unusual to my ears. I didn't dig up too much fanservice for this band so I have a feeling they might be relatively unknown atm. If I were changing any of these before the Top 1,000 I might have considered bumping the score for the vocals up a little but I'm not sure there is enough change in my opinion for it to matter anyway.

Se7enthrust
2 months ago#50
{ 1,066th Place } [90's][ 226th Place] @RySenkari
Song: "Rebel Girl"
Band: Bikini Kill
Album: p**** Whipped
---{ 1993 }---
Genre: Punk Rock
Score:[7.2][4.2][5.3][0.3][6.2][5.2][4.2] = [32.6] = [4.657]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZxxhxjgnC0

Write-Up:
This sounds like old school punk or something but it does make me think of the 90's so it's clearly got a descriptive sound of sorts. The yelling is a bit much.. or maybe it's a disconnection with the vocalist that I have tbh. I'm sure if I was familiar with the band my tolerance level would be far greater. I scored this a bit higher than one might expect on the memory segment of the score because this reminds me of something awesome that happened a long time ago... maybe it was in the 90's or maybe I am actually recalling hearing this when I thought I was sure I hadn't? Hmm. My gdamn memory isn't like it used to be.lol
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.