Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #4

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #4

User Info: Mr Lasastryke

Mr Lasastryke
4 weeks ago#241
"classical dubstep" lol
Geothermal terpsichorean ejectamenta

User Info: Se7enthrust

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#242
====================================
{ 977th Place } [90's][ 215th Place] @MycroProcessor
Song: "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand"
Band: Primitive Radio Gods
Album: Rocket
---{ 1996 }---
Genre: Alternative Rock
Score:[5.2][3.3][5.3][0.3][7.1][6.2][9.3] = [36.7] = [5.242]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XJxFAoiWSY

Write-Up:
Wow I had almost forgotten that this song ever existed... until I realized that I'm actually not 100% sure it's what I thought it was. It has a familiar sound but after listening to the whole song I don't think it's one that I've ever heard all the way through. Maybe I heard it in the background at some point in my life on a radio that I walked past or something. Unfortunately it didn't stir my memory enough to claim solid familiarity. I read through the lyrics and it has a mediocre message but nothing of any significance to me personally. It did ok on the charts but didn't bust any list or anything like that. This drops you to 2 remaining nominations though Mycro.
"Best read of the game goes to se7en. Who correctly surmised this town is full of idiots." - Corrik
Se7enthrust ~ Dude_Dexter

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
4 weeks ago#243
Se7enthrust posted...
Anyway, it's a bummer that so many points are lost for unfamiliarity and the fact that it has no lyrical substance.

So basically it would have gotten a 6.05 if you had just left the lyrical category out entirely and averaged the other 6 categories. How many songs would that put it ahead of, out of curiosity?
Video Game Music Contest 12 winner: Ys 8 - Sunshine Coastline

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#244
azuarc posted...
Se7enthrust posted...
Anyway, it's a bummer that so many points are lost for unfamiliarity and the fact that it has no lyrical substance.

So basically it would have gotten a 6.05 if you had just left the lyrical category out entirely and averaged the other 6 categories. How many songs would that put it ahead of, out of curiosity?

Let me check on that...

Edit: Hmm, it wouldn't be that much further up the list coming in at around 886th - 890th
"Best read of the game goes to se7en. Who correctly surmised this town is full of idiots." - Corrik
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#245
Mr Lasastryke posted...
"classical dubstep" lol

Am I supposed to understand why this is funny?

That is the best description of the genre that I found in the amount of time I spent looking it up.

Keep in mind that I don't list the genre of the Band/Artist. I tried to narrow down the genre for each song individually.

Mr Lasastryke
4 weeks ago#246
i just thought it sounded funny. made me think of properly dressed classical musicians dancing to some dubstep.

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#247
Mr Lasastryke posted...
i just thought it sounded funny. made me think of properly dressed classical musicians dancing to some dubstep.

Oh ok lol. It does have a funny ring to it doesn't it?

I just wasn't sure if I was being mocked or something. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mr Lasastryke
4 weeks ago#248
no prob

User Info: MaleB8er

MaleB8er
4 weeks ago#249
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-MnG6yFBtQ
that turns me on

Se7enthrust
4 weeks ago#250
{ 976th Place } [70's][ 157th Place]
Song: "Honesty"
Band: Billy Joel
Album: 52nd Street
---{ 1978 }---
Genre: Soft Rock
Score:[4.3][6.3][5.3][8.2][2.3][2.2][8.2] = [36.8] = [5.257]
Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuFScoO4tb0

Write-Up:
So... I first started to realize that I might be aging when I really took an interest in a dude called Billy Joel and his music. Yeah. I kinda like most of his stuff believe it or not. There is a bunch that I wouldn't say is top tier but I always find it easy to listen to. The first of his tunes to actually make the list though is a mild one at best. I think the biggest sell for me is the Piano play that fills out the majority of his work. Ordinarily as well, the lyrics are well written and always tell a story of true life experience. I am excited that we'll see more of his work further up the list but I am cautious of looking foolish over bloating an uncommon interest and exposing an ever aging psyche.lol But who knows... maybe there are more fans here and my interest isn't so uncommon at all. We'll see. :P
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Se7en Ranks 1,300 songs from the --{| 70's| 80's| 90's| 00's| 10's |}-- #4

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.