Any interest in a blind Horizon: Zero Dawn playthrough topic?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Any interest in a blind Horizon: Zero Dawn playthrough topic?

User Info: XIII_rocks

XIII_rocks
6 days ago#51
Tearblast arrows are so satisfying

Also yeah Fire arrows are great against those Glinthawks
Not to be confused with XIII_Stones.

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
6 days ago#52
Tbh I almost never used the tearblast arrows

But the chargeable super powerful bow in the DLC? Used that alllllll the time. So so so awesome. Notched three arrows, full charge, and deal massive damage.
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
6 days ago#53
Sadly I don't think I have tearblast arrows. I think those things were available at a shop but I didn't buy any, unless I'm thinking of something else.

Speaking of, any specific weapons or items or whatever I should really keep an eye out for? I haven't bothered with those sling things yet at all, or that "Rattler" whatever the hell it is. Ropecaster and the various bows to get different types of arrows are all I've gone with so far.
Meow!

Solioxrz362
6 days ago#54
The Carja Sling will be very very very important because it allows you to freeze enemies way quicker than the War Bow will. Rattler is optional - my main way of taking things down was to freeze then rattle, but you can quite effectively do practically anything to kill machines. That's why this game is so incredible, you can fight the machines in 20 different ways to the same effect if you wanted to!

Lots of people swear by the Blast Sling for raw damage, lots of people say the ropecaster is a must (tie down then stab/barrage), and lots of people think that precise shots with elemental arrows are really the best. Try out some different things and see what you like best. Just about everything except the trap wire weapon is incredibly useful.

Oh and there's a weapon in the DLC that's pretty worthless too but you're not worried about that yet.

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
6 days ago#55
I loved Ropecaster > face full of Rattler.

Rattler is basically a machine gun.
I main ledges.

Solioxrz362
6 days ago#56
Just be prepared to gather quite a bit of the wood if you're going to use the rattler, cause it uses ammo decently fast and you've gotta be able to replenish your ammo. It's really fun to use so it's worth it

User Info: Shotgunnova

Shotgunnova
6 days ago#57
Tearblast arrows were my jam -- loved those suckers.
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame

Panthera
6 days ago#58
Well I went to take a stab at my epic rematch with the Glinthawks. It went, well, uh...

So I decided to take a more cautious approach (well, I tried the same "Shock Arrow to the Scrapper's explodable thingy" tactic but for whatever reason it didn't set off explosions nor give away my position completely and I got bored), used silent strikes to pick off the Scrappers and then just shot all the cultists from stealth, ultimately clearing the camp without the enemies ever being entirely sure I was there. Never even saw a Glinthawk. I don't know if they're a long ways away and just detected the fight from great distance last time or if they only spawn if the alarm is set off, but whatever it was, my epic rematch never actually happened. Never even saw them through my PURPLEVISION (yes I am determined to make PURPLEVISION a thing here).

Hooray?

I like how the Nora braves that are with you to join in the assault if you get spotted celebrate after the camp is cleared as if they won a great battle even though they literally did nothing but sit there watching me do all the work.
Meow!

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
6 days ago#59
Glinthawks are scavengers so they show up to scavenge from other machines you kill sometimes, that may have been it. Just RNG.
I main ledges.

Panthera
6 days ago#60
Oh. Well f*** those guys anyway.

Moving on, the third camp gets wiped out silently just like the second. Well, I say silently but one guy got shot once, survived and then died to the second arrow and had it count as a stealth kill. Perhaps not the most brilliant opposition I'm up against here. Also after clearing the camp, the Nora Braves promptly attracted the attention of some Watchers. Perhaps not the most brilliant allies either!

Regardless, Varl the badass and I sneaked into the enemy's main base, and then...okay this was kind of odd, I think it would be easier if I had just sniped all the humans from the shadows and THEN blown up the gate to the others in, but they wanted me to blow it up so I did. By which I mean I got spotted and made a mad dash to blow up all the blaze canisters, then a big ol' war happened. In which I kind of got bogged down fighting a single Fire Bellowback for the entire thing. Holy s*** those guys have a lot of health, takes quite a few shots to blow up their tanks too. I'm glad I didn't try to deal with one of those f***ers from stealth, can't see how I could kill one without a protracted battle.

And then we all celebrated, I collected a lot of stuff from all the dead dudes my friends took out while I was fighting the Bellowback, Varl the badass acted like he wants in Aloy's pants and everyone is happy. Except for all the people that just died, but they were a bunch of dicks anyway.
Meow!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Any interest in a blind Horizon: Zero Dawn playthrough topic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.