Any interest in a blind Horizon: Zero Dawn playthrough topic?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Any interest in a blind Horizon: Zero Dawn playthrough topic?

User Info: CeraSeptem

CeraSeptem
3 days ago#41
Yes but only if you do that thing that I did that you may not end up doing.

Kidding, you can read it. There is one reaction I do look forward to, though.

Also ropecaster is/was awesome. I ran around with two bows (for different ammo types) and a ropecaster and I crushed all things.
A podcast where we talk about religious media in its myriad forms. It's fun!
http://www.noahssnarkpodcast.com
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
3 days ago#42
I don't think I'm getting any play time in tonight but should be able to play a fair bit tomorrow. There was a question I was going to ask but now I've entirely forgotten, so...uh...how about those machines...

Oh. I bought maps for some random collectibles and vantage points, which is handy. Is there eventually something similar for the other random data points scattered across the world or will I be forever on my own in regards to those?
Meow!

User Info: TVontheRadio

TVontheRadio
3 days ago#43
just chiming in to say that nil is a fascinating character, although i have to admit that it probaby has more to do with the va's performance and the facial animation in my case. those two things really sell the sociopathy!
all you need

User Info: IfGodCouldDie

IfGodCouldDie
3 days ago#44
I just want to say thanks for this topic. I have redownloaded the game and plan to pick up basically where you are now lol.
Mind post. XBL:Cyanide Sucker PSN:Paters1 IGN:SuperPattyCakes

Panthera
3 days ago#45
Hooray for providing motivation!

Speaking of, I kind of derped away my opportunity to play this morning/afternoon, and...okay so I play Monster Hunter World and it has some stuff becoming available/returning today and that might take up some of my time. And then it has something new coming on August 1 and that will also be a distraction. What I'm saying is...f*** it I might spend an hour or two on World tonight but there will be an update to this playthrough, I'm the type who once distracted never gets back to something so I'll make sure I do not get distracted
Meow!

User Info: IfGodCouldDie

IfGodCouldDie
3 days ago#46
Panthera posted...
Hooray for providing motivation!

Speaking of, I kind of derped away my opportunity to play this morning/afternoon, and...okay so I play Monster Hunter World and it has some stuff becoming available/returning today and that might take up some of my time. And then it has something new coming on August 1 and that will also be a distraction. What I'm saying is...f*** it I might spend an hour or two on World tonight but there will be an update to this playthrough, I'm the type who once distracted never gets back to something so I'll make sure I do not get distracted

Well my buddy just bought me ghost recon gold edition so I'll keep you playing I'd you keep me playing lol.
Mind post. XBL:Cyanide Sucker PSN:Paters1 IGN:SuperPattyCakes

Panthera
2 days ago#47
Alright, continuing on with my mission to destroy some cult camps...

...and that didn't go very well. So this second camp has, in addition to a million dudes and three corrupted Scrappers which would be a handful to begin with, a brand new machine called a Glinthawk. Which are brutal. They can shoot a freeze projectile that takes almost half my health that also forces me to stop trying to shoot them because your walking speed is too slow to get out of its area of effect. And it can shoot five of them in a row fast enough that even with Concentration there's barely time to get a shot in between their attacks. And they can also just fly off and do a bombing run. And generally fly around so fast that shooting them is impossible because the camera moves slower than they do. And dive bomb occasionally, which isn't even an opening to melee most often since they overshoot by a mile and stay too high up mostly. And they are supposedly weak to fire but ten fire arrows don't seem to have done anything and their weak point is tiny and also even the precision arrows barely take a noticeable piece of their health bar away.

And then another one showed up.

Taking a brief pause to think before I pick up again. I honestly am not sure how I can deal with these things alongside every other enemy, even one of these on its own seems tougher by far than any other entire enemy group has been. And I'm pretty sure I can't use traps or the tripcaster on them since they fly. Unless maybe the ropecaster can accomplish something but I can't help but feel it probably can't since that would be really cheesy. These guys feel like I just walked into an area in an RPG intended for characters much higher level, even landing a ton of shots with fire arrows and several precision arrows, some of which looked like they hit the little freeze container, didn't even bring the damn thing to half health.
Meow!

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
2 days ago#48
Ropecaster is specifically very useful against flying enemies.

Glinthawks are easily the most annoying enemy in the game.

If you nail them with a couple fire arrows (enough to ignite them) they'll usually have to land and you can do whatever you need at that point. Get triple arrow or whatever it's called ASAP, that helps a lot.
I main ledges.

Panthera
2 days ago#49
Ropecaster seriously works on these f***ers? That seems so weird. Like, logical, but not video game logical. Stuff like that never works on anything that would be particularly useful to use it on!

I don't think I ever saw this thing land for any stretch of time, but maybe it flew off to do it. It's possible I was accidentally crossing paths with both of them and just not noticing <_<
Meow!

User Info: Murphiroth

Murphiroth
2 days ago#50
Oh yeah and tearblast arrows (my personal favorite) can cause them to explode and freeze everything around them if you can nail the freeze canister.
I main ledges.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Any interest in a blind Horizon: Zero Dawn playthrough topic?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.