Hearthstone Discussion Topic - July 2018 Edition

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic - July 2018 Edition

User Info: Korayashi

Korayashi
1 week ago#151
I managed to climb to Rank 6 with 4 stars on a win streak.

then I lost. Several times.
Board 8's Greatest Beard Band - Chairmen of the Beard
BKSheikah is better than all of us. Remember that.
VeryInsane posted...
Because the difference is numerous of those tokens died so it dilutes the pool

It's like how N'Zoth and Hadronox give you a random assortment of taunts or deathrattles, except you only get one indefinitely back

also if it's not a skill game you are more than welcome to, you know, stop playing

Gold heroes too fun to get.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
1 week ago#153
I really want my boy Uther to get some broken control tools this expansion. Time and time again I’m tired of seeing Druids/Warlocks/Priests get actually ridiculous control combos and Paladin getting MORE aggro tools.
Paladin never made any sense to me as a control class, but I do think it needs to trend more towards midrange again.
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.

User Info: azuarc

azuarc
1 week ago#155
HeroDelTiempo17 posted...
Paladin never made any sense to me as a control class, but

In what way? Design or philosophically? Because paladins are a physical damage dealer, yes, but they're not a DPS class -- they tank and heal. And for design, they've always been a board-centric class, but that doesn't mean they can't be control. When you have a card like Spikeridged Steed, which adds 4/12 of taunt to the board, and were classically best known for their legendary 6/6 DS taunt and cards that reduced enemy minions to 1 health or 1 attack for easy clearing, how does that not fit into control strats?
Video Game Music Contest 12 winner: Ys 8 - Sunshine Coastline
Board-centric isn't what I what I have in mind when I think of control decks. If you're a board-centric "control" deck, that's midrange. Zoo is the best example of this (specifically TGT-era demonzoo). You bring up Steed and Tirion, but those are just insane value cards that have historically been played in most Paladin archetypes. They've become too slow for aggro now, but that's fine. I think Paladin needs more stuff like this and Tarim that are just good to push it to slower strategies.

Its pure control tools have always kinda sucked. Equality wants you to have board or weapons to trade up, or use a 2-card combo for a clear (bad for card advantage). Same for power setting cards, they're best used to protect your own board and value trade. Pally card draw is also a little underwhelming.

Not saying all decks have to fit neatly into class archetypes, but it just seems more natural to me. And the game could stand to work on midrange more since it's become really polarized between aggro and control with some combos. But maybe after Shamanstone it's not a good idea.
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
1 week ago#157
Control decks these days don’t get away unless they OTK, generate literal full boards with a single card/combo, or just do really really broken stuff. (Amari+Zola, etc)

I just want some Paladin love like that instead of ANOTHER EXPANSION where they have a T1 aggro deck.

User Info: Korayashi

Korayashi
1 week ago#158
I made it to rank 5. Next stop: Legend.

Because I can't drop down again once I'm here, right? If I can then scratch that. >_>
Board 8's Greatest Beard Band - Chairmen of the Beard
BKSheikah is better than all of us. Remember that.

User Info: Forceful_Dragon

Forceful_Dragon
1 week ago#159
You are locked in at rank 5.

Congrats!
~C~ FD
http://i.imgur.com/dGDfxaw.png
Just played against a paladin who made four BLATANT misplays and won anyway because he drew perfectly and I never drew Jaina or Ooze on time.

1 - Truesilver at 1, he played his second one and swung at me.

2 - Played Tarim when the only minion on board was a Doomsayer. He basically suicided Tarim.

3 and 4 - Used hero power after swinging with Silver Sword.

Won anyway as further proof that skill does not matter in Hearthstone because of multiple top deck heroes in a row. But it’s okay, geniuses like @CoolCly are here to pretend I’m wrong even though there are millions of data points proving me right.

Skill is an irrelevant factor in Hearthstone. Period. Winning a game because of luck draws after multiple BLATANT misplays proves my point forever. Anyone who disagrees is objectively f***ing wrong.

Oh and on the turn he won (of course the very turn after I drew Jaina), I was at 2 health and he had one card in hand. He had one charge on Silver Sword and no board. I had Top decks the 4/2 charge and had the 4/4 buff in hand. That or Consecrate were his only outs. I was clearly going to play Jaina and win going forward, but because Hearthstone is not skill based in ANY WAY, that did not happen.

This is the only card game I’ve ever had issues winning with, because it’s the only one where skill absolutely, 100% does not matter. This game I just played proves it beyond all doubts to anyone with a functional brain.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic - July 2018 Edition

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.