Hearthstone Discussion Topic - July 2018 Edition

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic - July 2018 Edition

User Info: Camden

Camden
1 week ago#131
.Ultii posted...
davidponte posted...
I just added 6 beasts to a Taunt Druid's pool and they just hit the 1 in 7 with Witching Hour.

f*** this game.

Was it 7 different beasts? Cornered Sentry only adds one instead of three, right?

Cornered Sentry should add three instances of 1/1 beasts to the pool. Kind of like how DK Guldan summons back all of the Voidwalkers from a dead Voiddaddy instead of just one because it knows multiple copies died, Witching Hour knows multiple dinos died and takes that into account.

It's Hearthstone though, so things don't always work the same.
When someone is giving you his opinion, you should receive it with deep gratitude even though it is worthless.
Huh? Finger!? What the hell?

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 week ago#132
I assume it's 3 different beasts, but I could be wrong.
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!

User Info: Ultii

Ultii
1 week ago#133
I’m like 95% sure it works like priest resurrect does. I’ve played a LOT of taunt druid games on both sides and it feels like 50/50 if you put multiple copies of the same beast. I had a shaman play four Hex with Hagatha and I still got Hadronox.
Ulti at work.

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 week ago#134
I totally forgot about the interaction too. I haven't played Quest Warrior in awhile, and was treating it like a regular game until 3/4 through when it hit me and I thought "oh, this game is over". Literally the next turn I get hit with the Witching Hour into Cube and instantly concede.
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!

Camden
1 week ago#135
Resurrect definitely takes multiple copies into account, so if Witching Hour works the same it would be 1/4 and 1/7 after the dinos die.
When someone is giving you his opinion, you should receive it with deep gratitude even though it is worthless.
Camden posted...
Resurrect definitely takes multiple copies into account

I have never seen this and I question if it's accurate. "Resurrect 4 different minions" never pulls up 4 Velens.
Winner of the Spring 2004 "Best Game Ever" Contest
http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaterializerx ; http://i.imgur.com/dsnL40n.png

User Info: turbopuns2

turbopuns2
1 week ago#137
Just had a game stolen by a priest putting lifesteal on an ultrasaur. >_>

I get on a deck building kick once in a while, but I will always enjoy arena more, for s*** like that.

Camden
1 week ago#138
I'm not talking about Spellstone, but the actual spell Resurrect. Spellstone never gives you duplicate results.

Except maybe... I'm not sure if this works with tokens that have different varieties, though. Is it possible to rez two Devilsaurs with Spellstone if you got one from a Devilsaur Egg and the other from Tinkmaster, since they're unique Devilsaurs in the game with differing art? There's been multiple different Chicken tokens as well, maybe you can get more than one of them. I think Hearthstone treats them as entirely different cards so they should be able to occupy multiple instances in Spellstone. Would be something to test at least. Think I'll try it out right now, actually.

User Info: turbopuns2

turbopuns2
1 week ago#139
If you gave me the card descriptions and told me to write the code, it would definitely be that if the exact same minion/card died multiple times, it would be that much more likely each time.

But it's hearthstone so /shrug

User Info: ColZach

ColZach
1 week ago#140
Just had a game where I totally predicted a mage had counterspell and it won me the game

Anyone who says this game isn’t skill based is very bad

Edit: also lol, I find it funny that ulti doesn’t know how resurrection mechanics work but he claims skill doesn’t matter. Uhhhhhh...
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Hearthstone Discussion Topic - July 2018 Edition

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.