So i'm playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon *SPOILERS*

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. So i'm playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon *SPOILERS*

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
6 days ago#201
FE7 is still my favorite.

I actually like Sacred Stones. It feels like it would be more popular now by people who are used to Awakening.
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan

User Info: trdl23

trdl23
6 days ago#202
The Blazing Sword (GBA, released in the US just as “Fire Emblem”) remains a top 5 SRPG and is the best of the series IMO.
E come vivo? Vivo!

User Info: Kenri

Kenri
6 days ago#203
Heroic Bigpun posted...
If you guys had to choose just one of the American GBA titles, which one would it be?

Depends what you want out of it.
Congrats to BKSheikah, who knows more about years than anyone else.

User Info: NeoElfboy

NeoElfboy
5 days ago#204
This entire sequence reminds me why I never do arenas (outside of FE7 runs where I'm trying to buff my exp ranking), like there's no way the extra exp you get from them will make up for the risk of a huge time loss. FE provides so many ways to grind up units more safely if that's your thing (boss abuse, kill feeding, etc.).
The RPG Duelling League: www.rpgdl.com
An unparalleled source for RPG information and discussion

User Info: NeoElfboy

NeoElfboy
5 days ago#205
Also:

Both Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones are really good, and you can't go wrong with either. Sacred Stones is the more polished game (doesn't have a weird issue with going several chapters without shops) and is the better-written one, but FE7 has much more varied map design (and the ranking system makes a good in-game challenge). Also FE8's normal mode difficulty is broken and promoted enemies are way too weak. When I was younger I disliked the fact that FE8 let you grind between fights but now I no longer care, since you can always choose whether to do it or not.

Binding Blade is generally worse than both unless you're seeking a challenge.
The RPG Duelling League: www.rpgdl.com
An unparalleled source for RPG information and discussion

User Info: Grand Kirby

Grand Kirby
5 days ago#206
NeoElfboy posted...
This entire sequence reminds me why I never do arenas (outside of FE7 runs where I'm trying to buff my exp ranking), like there's no way the extra exp you get from them will make up for the risk of a huge time loss. FE provides so many ways to grind up units more safely if that's your thing (boss abuse, kill feeding, etc.).

Just only take the 600-800 bets and it's fine.
Okay, I rolled a 14. What's that mean? Hsu
That you're a cheater. This is a 12-sided die. Chan

User Info: Waluigi1

Waluigi1
5 days ago#207
FE7 is a lot closer in style to the one you're currently playing where it just goes straight from chapter to chapter. And FE8 is more like Awakening with a map and you're free to grind out EXP on random battles. FE7 is definitely the tougher game.
NNID, PSN, and GT: Waluigi1
DD:DA Pawn: Xekoben the support mage

User Info: Punnyz

Punnyz
5 days ago#208
Huh, I thought Sacred stones was more popular
https://i.imgur.com/qBpLe47.png
http://i.imgur.com/25MHSn1.gif

User Info: Punnyz

Punnyz
5 days ago#209
so a few more questions

the weapon cycle

what does it actually do?

Does it make your attack weaker?
Less accuracy?
the dominant weapon can critical more?

I know yall said the skill stat is useless, but what was it supposed to do in theory?
they must've had an idea of what it does when they put it in

And lastly

Xane, did yall ever roll with him? or just brought a powerful unit instead of having to imitate
https://i.imgur.com/qBpLe47.png
http://i.imgur.com/25MHSn1.gif

User Info: Mewtwo59

Mewtwo59
5 days ago#210
Xane is one of the best units in the game. You know that one unit you have that destroys everyone? Well, now you have two of him.
""Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." HK-47
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. So i'm playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon *SPOILERS*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.