Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

User Info: Grapple M1

Grapple M1
2 weeks ago#41
Kaxon posted...
This banner almost got me too. I was actually thinking about spending money, the main thing that stopped me is thinking about how bad I'll feel if I spend money and still don't get what I want (and the fact that I was saying I'd never do it just like 2 days ago)

This is my exact sentiment, the one time I broke down and paid full price for a draw I went 1/11 dupe and ended up ragequitting for almost a month. I'm still salty when I stop to think about it. If pulls were more reasonably priced I think I would have gotten sucked in hard early on, but $30 is just too damn much.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
2 weeks ago#42
Honestly if they just let you buy any item for $30 like in the selection draw I would have spent hundreds if not thousands by now. The gacha is just such a bad deal it keeps them from getting (more of) my money.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
2 weeks ago#43
Yeah infinite selection draws I would've paid like hundreds more dollars into this game. Much of which would've been paid into long obsolete items at this point.

But the craziest of whales would've paid a ton less so it's hard to say how much money they're really losing. I imagine they have a decent idea with how popular selection draws are and how many people do all of them or all of a type.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

Lopen
2 weeks ago#44
Did all of the Weapons today. Most of em were fairly straightforward. Managed to do the first guy despite no holy/water chain but he did kinda pander to a strong Rydia.

Last one was really tough but ultimately the solution was to just power through his fire resist and use my fire team. Edgar can get him up to triple imperil by himself and once that's up he takes quite a bit from fire. Also the fire chain works with Sabin's Fire/Non-Elemental USB and follow-up well enough even when Triple Imperil isn't up.

Came damn close to his final shadow flare wiping me though. Thank goodness for Minwu's bubble being up. Sabin and Locke survived both at critical HP.

But yeah fun bosses. I liked Ruby the most probably. Probably cause Dark Cecil was OP as hell for him. In fact I did a few tries where I was trying to run without a healer and just using a bunch of self heals and I was able to reliably half kill him with Cecil alone (the whole party sometimes got wiped at the beginning if I was unlucky with his AOE spray after Fellstar Ultima)
No problem!
Oh wow, I hoped OK's LM would let me squeak a sub30 but shave off 11 seconds?

https://imgtc.com/0TsvBEQ

I guess having a level 99 Hades also helps but still wow, tore through her quick to the counter phase and after Raines and Kuja's OSBs it basically was an inevitable death for her once Kuja's Ultima goes off.

7/8, just Hades left, maybe I can do it before the keystones go away if I can get a level 99 Evare.
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: HBJDubs

HBJDubs
2 weeks ago#46
Ashe Glint on second B5 pull. Probably not useful since I have AOSB/LM combo but I dunno
Save in the name of true love
~Project 1000~

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
1 week ago#47
Kind of surprised no one seems to be drawing on FFVIII, especially since Squall USB and Laguna Chain are nice relics. I guess we're all out of mythril.
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

Lopen
1 week ago#48
I'd have considered drawing on it if Ultimecia had Valvalis tier relics instead of literally an OSB in 2018. Like I think Valvalis and Ultimecia have a lot of Style. I'd rather run a mage comp for wind just for novelty's sake

Related I'd draw on FFIV banner 2 if the support weren't the damn twins.
No problem!
(edited 1 week ago)
People are probably saving up for either the Tactics (for the Torment 2.0 Boss) or FFV (Quetzalcoatl and the torment) These are good relics but the need for ice, dark and wind stuff is in a grey area where most of us can beat the *4 magicite now and the wind, holy and earth *5 magicite haven't even come in Japan yet. Ultimecia is also kind of a dud character at the moment due to her lack of USB, which is a shame since she has a great skillset and good legend dive.
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
1 week ago#50
Ultimaphazon posted...
Kind of surprised no one seems to be drawing on FFVIII, especially since Squall USB and Laguna Chain are nice relics. I guess we're all out of mythril.

i'm not surprised at all, considering the next VIII event isn't far away and its banner 1 is a strict upgrade

now i might have thought about banner 2 this event if i had any mythril. Laguna's USB is his best relic for the torment, and Rinoa's USB1 might be better than her brave USB, and is an ice boosting magic weapon at least (i don't know if her brave is). i also still don't have a single instant last stand, though Selphie's USB2 is probably better for the torment.
Grats to BKSheikah, a guru ahead of his time.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.