Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
1 week ago#21
100-gem Garnet BSB
3/11 Aphmau BSB, Garnet LMR, Tifa USB (so far, so good)
3/11 Tifa LMR, Maria BSB (dupe), Ashe USB (dupe)
2/11 Relm BSB (dupe), Ashd USB(dupe)

Ugh. On one hand, the Tifa USB was among my most wanted relics here, but on the other hand, I really wanted the remaing 3 discos too.

Either way, fest is over for me, and after 200 mythril, I'm still chainless (gen 2 or gen 1)
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
1 week ago#22
jeez, not one chain yet? i thought i was bad off only having one (Tidus's). at least i know i'll be able to do one of the 5* magicites.
Grats to BKSheikah, a guru ahead of his time.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
1 week ago#23
OK pUSB+LMR, and a pretty solid spread of quality relics for all elements has still allowed me to sub 30 all 4* magicites, so I'm doing pretty well for myself, even without chains.

I just feel like that may not cut it anymore against the 5*s.
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
1 week ago#24
Despite getting nothing I actually used on the lighting banner (unless you count +10 magic for Ashe), I was able to sub 30 Kraken for the first time thanks to... Quina. 22.86 on my first try even with Lightning getting blinded and whiffing her last 2 Thundering Quadstrikes. So I guess that's something, 8/8 sub-30 now. Quina and Terra were the two characters that really improved for me thanks to this fest.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience
Beat Fellstar Diamond and Ruby Weapon. Ugh these fights are such a slog. It might be my fault for relying on Alphinaud and Raines bursts for DPS but I used the Alphinaud "stunlock" trick on Diamond Weapon by using his command 1 with his LM2 and blood of the summoner RM which if they dual/triplecast it opens the core quick which leaves Diamond charging his laser, which gives plenty of time for Shelke to entrust Selphie for her ultra/super so Diamond wasn't hard just tedious.

Ruby Weapon was also bleh, used Rosa instead of Selphie for her blink and wrath. Had to kill Shelke after she gave some meter to Alph so it took even longer than Diamond, OK got sucked out of hones so he had to use his burst commands as well.
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
1 week ago#26
Ruby's the only one i've fought so far. i was able to beat it going full ability double, with Orlandu/Vivi/Celes. i think i got really lucky.
Grats to BKSheikah, a guru ahead of his time.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
1 week ago#27
I'm weird in that I have 3 chains (all gen 1) but only one (Locke's) was attained from a banner where I was drawing on a banner with a chain. I miraculously 100 gemmed the two others (Snow and Seymour). Not for lack of trying though. Put a ton of draws into Tidus's chain, some into Rikku's, some into Zack's. Went totally empty.

Speaking of chains I vaguely want to give one draw to the FF1 banner before it disappears, but despite liking most of the relics on it it seems like a mistake since I have a pretty damn stacked Paladin Cecil now and Warrior of Light's niche isn't really that different. Seems smarter to save for the Seph banner.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!
Beat Ultima and Sapphire Weapon today. Ultima sucked really hard especially with that stupid Ultimate Bolt ball that causes paralyze, f*** that thing! Even if it's only 18% chance he spams it frequently. Bring Affliction Break because astra is going to go quick since he also uses attacks that interrupt and sap. His stats and break resistance is lower than the other weapons but since he resists all elements 90% you're stuck with non elemental. Thankfully Vaan is still the man here, also actually made use of Squall's Ultra since it seemed like using quickcast Flare Strikes with that chase was more efficient than having to rejunction on his BSB2 in the later half of the fight.

Sapphire was refreshingly fun in comparison, used my sub30 Tiamat team except I swapped Shelke for Selphie, he was more bulky but his damage wasn't anywhere near as bad as Tiamat, just have to watch out for the dispels but since you don't need protectga in this fight since all of his physical attacks are piercing I had Onion Knight equip Hastaga instead.

Now that just leaves Emerald Weapon... oh boy...
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
1 week ago#29
Highest difficulty of Emerald is the only one I haven't done yet. I was hoping banner 5 would give me some help but that didn't pan out.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience

User Info: HBJDubs

HBJDubs
1 week ago#30
Didn't do a third B4 pull, went 3/11 on B5

Garnet LM
Ashe LM
Ashe AOSB

Now I feel like I need to try Ashe out in my Bismarck party. I don't really want to dive her though
Save in the name of true love
~Project 1000~
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.