Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you
Sub30'd first two torments, got Blast Strike and r4'd that puppy right away

https://i.imgtc.com/ObPYpYW.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3bnDUjRggU
https://i.imgur.com/6AevF0Y.gif
LOL!!!! I hope that's a joke....names don't get more n00bish than that

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
6 days ago#122
Even the D280 was harder than I expected. Slow is a real b****. It took a few tries, but I got the sub 30 on D280, with TGC (OSB+USB), Meliadoul(BSB, but she entrusted to TGC), Ramza (Shout 2), Agrias(OSB) and Ovelia(SSB).

D??? On the other hand, I can't even come close to 50%. I might have done 30-ish% on my best attempt.
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
6 days ago#123
Man I wish Alma's USB was on Banner 1 tonight instead of Banner 2. I'd actually be tempted to draw from it.

But it's kinda weird cause I don't think any of the relics could really make me do any better on the Torment. Like Ramza USB2 might make me able to sub 50 the fight? I don't know. Like I feel like my FFT realm is basically the perfect amount of underpowered right now in that I got most of the rewards and would need to sink a lot into it to get much more.

The rewards for 40s and 50s are kinda minor compared to 1m and 30s, basically. I barely sub 30'd 240, and barely sub 60'd 280, which seems like the perfect place to be if you're not stomping the realm.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

Lopen
6 days ago#124
Ha. I can't even get past the first phase of D???. I get him down like 15% and croak to Incubus Dead End

Cool animation on it at least!
No problem!

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
6 days ago#125
finished up all the other weapons today. Emerald just melted to Vivi + Ashe. the first eye didn't even come out until pretty late and it got maybe 1 turn before Ashe AOSB ended the fight. took a few tries until the dispel didn't screw me over early (since it's single target and blocked by magic blink).

Sapphire was pretty straightforward; as much as i hate dispel, it's not so bad when it's so easily forecasted (especially with Rikku and entruster). though i was surprised at how little damage Squall did. probably should have used +30% damage on him as i resorted to spamming his OSB late.

and Ultima. this is the one i was most worried about, not having Cloud USB, but Squall BSB, Vaan BSB, and Celes USB with two R3 flare strikes was just enough. Celes's last turn was a re-cast of her USB with no ability uses left, Rosa was out of Curada, Vaan was dead and i didn't have an entruster, so a couple less dual-casts and i think i would have died. coolest thing about that fight was how Ramza with BSB2+LMR just worked absolutely perfectly - use it instantly, full break, banishing strike immediately after it mighty guards, wrath cmnd x2, full break again, banishing strike AGAIN immediately after it mighty guards, and then just enough meter to USB into instant recast of the BSB.

now just Zeromus left. don't think i'm gonna bother with boundless, but i should probably be able to do the multiplayer one (and for once i'm probably gonna have to do it by myself). i was thinking about RWing Ramza's chain and using Orlandu/Marche, maybe Raines for imperil.
Grats to BKSheikah, a guru ahead of his time.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif

User Info: Kaxon

Kaxon
6 days ago#126
Lopen posted...
Man I wish Alma's USB was on Banner 1 tonight instead of Banner 2. I'd actually be tempted to draw from it.

I was just thinking I wish Marche's we're on banner 1 (instead of Montblanc's). This torment definitely wants me to improve my Tactics team but these banners just don't have a good concentration of stuff that would actually help.

Anyway I'm way worse in other realms. I was counting on fest banner 2 to help me with V and that didn't happen.
I made a living on time trial blowing myself off to cross the finish line at ludicrous speed. -transience

Lopen
5 days ago#127
Yeah. Snap reaction was to draw from Tactics but I think a better goal would be to set Tactics as a baseline to aim for for me. 170 currency isn't bad. That's really close to getting one of the 6* abilities and I should be able to make up the difference in realms I'm actually stacked in.

Compared to like FFV or FFXV or Type Zero and they're gonna be lucky to clear the 280 at all. Hell the 240 in the case of the latter two
No problem!
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Xuxon

Xuxon
5 days ago#128
man the difference between 280 and ??? is just insane. i killed the 280 in 16 seconds and could only get the ??? down to like 80%. really need those 4* holy magicites and Ovelia USB and probably some more poison resist accessories.
Grats to BKSheikah, a guru ahead of his time.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkdr0uNc91qlu5jao1_r1_400.gif
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Ultimaphazon

Ultimaphazon
4 days ago#129
Those last two fights in the FFT event were such bulls***. So many status effects: instant ko, petrification, confuse, and stop. This was so much harder than Diablos.
Not changing this sig until Caius Ballad is released in FFRK.

User Info: mccheyne

mccheyne
4 days ago#130
Killed the D240 version in 18.11. Think I maaaay have a shot of sub30ing the D280. The ??? Difficulty, super unlikely.

I have Ramza use his BSB2, then C2 so he can entrust Orlandu quickly. Orlandu is hailstorming until USB, then spamming assault sabre until USB again. Marche and Agrias both lifesiphon, then Marche uses USB and agrias uses cleansing strike to make Queklain's damage more manageable. Alma uses her USB instantly, then uses ultra cure and hastega as needed.

Should hopefully work for D280 as well.
Not changing this sig until the Winnipeg Blue Bombers win the grey cup. Started Aug. 16/04
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Final Fantasy Record Keeper Topic 40: New 6* abilities are going to Torment you

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.