Politics Containment Topic 180: The Summit All Fears

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Politics Containment Topic 180: The Summit All Fears

User Info: red sox 777

red sox 777
6 days ago#21
Jakyl25 posted...
neonreaper posted...
I do like Trump's appeal about the hotels, actually. It's along the lines of his talk-past-the-deal tactic.

The problem is that they’ll be Trump hotels

I'm fine with 100 new Trump hotels in NK if it gets them to open up the country.

By the way, I heard that real estate prices in Dandong, China (on the NK border) are up 1000% this year, even before the Summit yesterday. There's a ton of business opportunity here if NK does decide to open for business.
September 1, 2003; November 4, 2007; September 2, 2013
Congratulations to DP Oblivion in the Guru Contest!

User Info: Espeon

Espeon
6 days ago#22
I should clarify:

What is the difference between what Trump claimed was wrong with the Iran deal, and what the NK deal actually IS? Because the claim was that the U.S. got nothing from the Iran deal and gave up a lot...yet I’m seeing nothing to show that that description doesn’t apply to the NK deal.
Inviso's Most Adorabl-est Eeveelution Ever
http://i.imgur.com/SSw6M9E.gif

red sox 777
6 days ago#23
YeahNot_an_Owl posted...
Espeon posted...
Could someone please explain the difference, if any, between the agreement with NK and the deal Trump reneged on with Iran?

The Iran deal actually had specifics and details.

Yeah, I can't help but notice the similarity between this deal and the Anglo-German friendship agreement Chamberlain and Hitler signed in 1938. No details, driven heavily by a claimed personal trust between the leaders, big promises of peace.

red sox 777
6 days ago#24
Espeon posted...
I should clarify:

What is the difference between what Trump claimed was wrong with the Iran deal, and what the NK deal actually IS? Because the claim was that the U.S. got nothing from the Iran deal and gave up a lot...yet I’m seeing nothing to show that that description doesn’t apply to the NK deal.

What we're getting from the NK deal is they get rid of their nuclear weapons. Iran doesn't have any, so they don't have anything so valuable to give us.

User Info: Espeon

Espeon
6 days ago#25
red sox 777 posted...
Espeon posted...
I should clarify:

What we're getting from the NK deal is they get rid of their nuclear weapons. Iran doesn't have any, so they don't have anything so valuable to give us.

You mean the nuclear weapons they can’t use because they blew up their only testing facility? Again, it seems to me like America gave up a lot in exchange for nothing, whereas the Iran deal was more balanced.
Inviso's Most Adorabl-est Eeveelution Ever
http://i.imgur.com/SSw6M9E.gif

red sox 777
6 days ago#26
Espeon posted...
red sox 777 posted...
Espeon posted...
I should clarify:

You mean the nuclear weapons they can’t use because they blew up their only testing facility? Again, it seems to me like America gave up a lot in exchange for nothing, whereas the Iran deal was more balanced.

They already finished testing. They have the weapons built already. And even if their delivery technology is unreliable, that's not a chance we want to take.

red sox 777
6 days ago#27
Trump's comments about the hotels is absolutely correct, though. Development of North Korea is the long term guarantee of any peace deal, for both sides. They don't trust us, for good reason, and we don't trust them, for good reason. But if in 15 years Pyongyang resembles Seoul or Singapore, no one is going to want to go back.

User Info: Peace___Frog

Peace___Frog
6 days ago#28
red sox 777 posted...

Are you actually that naive or what
~Peaf~

red sox 777
6 days ago#29
Peace___Frog posted...
red sox 777 posted...

Are you actually that naive or what

Read my posts. I compared it to the Anglo-German friendship agreement of 1938. They haven't actually handed over any nukes yet. But if they do, then that would be a bargain well struck.

red sox 777
6 days ago#30
And I guess, when it comes time to hand over the nukes, it'll be to China or Russia. Dems are going to throw a fit if it's Russia.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Politics Containment Topic 180: The Summit All Fears

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Closed