Magic the Gathering topic: How did that purge before Prerelease

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Magic the Gathering topic: How did that purge before Prerelease

User Info: The Mana Sword

The Mana Sword
2 months ago#31
Prerelease went poorly.
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Gylgamesh501.png

User Info: banananor

banananor
2 months ago#32
I'm kicking myself

Forgot to activate slimefoot at opponent's eot multiple times during the prerelease, directly causing a game loss in at least one scenario. Ended up going 2-2.
You did indeed stab me in the back. However, you are only level one, whilst I am level 50. That means I should remain uninjured.

User Info: trdl23

trdl23
2 months ago#33
Judged a midnight one and also an afternoon one today. I'm whooped.

One of my compensation packs had Karn and foil Shalai though!
E come vivo? Vivo!

User Info: HeroDelTiempo17

HeroDelTiempo17
2 months ago#34
I went 3-1 with a janky UW control deck. Basically got carried by two Shalai and In Bolas's Clutches. And occasionally slamming the 2 mana 2/2 first strike hexproof black guy early.

Sealed felt kinda strange. I'm looking forward to trying out a draft of this set.
DPOblivion was far more determined than me.

The Mana Sword
2 months ago#35
Yeah, it’s tough to judge the set on sealed because I kinda hate sealed. I’m looking forward to doing some drafts this week, but I’m still not totally sold on the limited environment. It felt a little strange but I can’t quite put my finger on why.

User Info: Sceptilesolar

Sceptilesolar
2 months ago#36
I went 2-2 with a fairly medium RG deck splashing black for Vicious Offering, Cast Down, and The Eldest Reborn. I had decent threats and a passable amount of removal but had a hard time dealing with large legendary creatures. I lost one close game to Evra, Halcyon Witness equipped with Dub, which I was utterly incapable of doing anything about, and lost another match pretty handily to Aryel, Knight of Windgrace. I did get to play a turn 5 Verdant Force off Radha in one game though, so I did live the dream at least once.

I'm hopeful for draft being great. Sealed might suck, but then it almost always does in my opinion.
Just killing time until the world ends.

trdl23
2 months ago#37
The Mana Sword posted...
Yeah, it’s tough to judge the set on sealed because I kinda hate sealed. I’m looking forward to doing some drafts this week, but I’m still not totally sold on the limited environment. It felt a little strange but I can’t quite put my finger on why.

It might be because this format is quite a bit slower than the previous four formats and so it feels more clunky and "bomb-y" than usual. I thought it was kind of reminiscent of a core set format though; clean and kind of "back to basics" with a few gimmicks, but nothing as pervasive as energy/exert/tribal.
E come vivo? Vivo!

trdl23
2 months ago#38
Heh, my friend punked a dude with Evra. They went to activate, he Befuddled in response. Evra guy swapped his life total of 17 to a power of 0. "Whoops."
E come vivo? Vivo!

The Mana Sword
2 months ago#39
Yeah that’s a little dangerous if your opponent has mana open.

Most annoying card I played against was Shalai. That card sucks to deal with, especially on turn 4.

trdl23
2 months ago#40
Shalai's definitely going into the Cube. She's just so obnoxious, even if you're not in green.
E come vivo? Vivo!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. Magic the Gathering topic: How did that purge before Prerelease

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.