I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
1 month ago#61
Well, I estimated at 1.2 servings of Olive garden chicken Alfredo. I figure it can't be higher than that... I hope.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: htaeD

htaeD
1 month ago#62
also I dont know what american grocery stores are like

are the horror stories true?
3DS FC: 3437-4283-5849 IGN: Alice

Corrik
1 month ago#63
htaeD posted...
also I dont know what american grocery stores are like

are the horror stories true?

Idk what u heard...
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: htaeD

htaeD
1 month ago#64
I was halfjoking
I am just curious about the meat/dairy/vegetable sections
3DS FC: 3437-4283-5849 IGN: Alice

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
1 month ago#65
Corrik posted...
KingButz posted...
You will lose weight, but it won't be healthy. You can be a normal weight and also vulnerable to similar health issues caused by obesity.

Athletes call that "skinny-fat."

His argument was you could eat anything as long as it is healthy you will lose weight and you eat barely anything but if it is bad you will gain weight. He said calorie counting and being an effect was a hoax basically. That's entirely bs.

That wasn't my argument, although its more correct than what youre putting forward. You can eat extra calories and gain weight, and you can eat less and lose weight, but not reliably and with long lasting effect.

For instance eating a plate of pasta is going to make you create fat at a higher rate than just eating as much chicken and cream alfredo sauce as you can stomach (hint, not much since its going to fill you up a lot better than plain pasta)

People who eat well will eat less calories, but you're messing up cause and effect if you think that you can cut calories to make you eat well. Cutting calories will ultimately starve your body, and if you think you have bad self control now, wait until your body feels starvation.

On the flip side of the coin try this experiment: try to gain weight eating 3000 calories of meat a day. You'll see an opposite effect of what happens when people calorie count: temporary weight gain, then sudden loss of appetite and a quick return to your initial weight and diet.
werd

User Info: ChaosTonyV4

ChaosTonyV4
1 month ago#66
Strife2 posted...
The biggest culprit has to be drinking way too much water, mostly from caffeine drinks, soda, but even way big things of milk or smoothies.

This is an interesting sentence.

Good luck on your weight loss journey, I'm getting fat right now and need to buckle down also.
Phantom Dust.
"I'll just wait for time to prove me right again." - Vlado

Corrik
1 month ago#67
ChaosTonyV4 posted...
Strife2 posted...
The biggest culprit has to be drinking way too much water, mostly from caffeine drinks, soda, but even way big things of milk or smoothies.

Good luck on your weight loss journey, I'm getting fat right now and need to buckle down also.

Thought u were losing weight to get a boat or something
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: ChaosTonyV4

ChaosTonyV4
1 month ago#68
Corrik posted...
ChaosTonyV4 posted...
Strife2 posted...

Yeah dude, I got down to 215 (lost 35 pounds), and then with my wife pregnant again it's been hard to maintain and I've gained 20 back lol.
Phantom Dust.
"I'll just wait for time to prove me right again." - Vlado

Corrik
1 month ago#69
ChaosTonyV4 posted...
Corrik posted...
ChaosTonyV4 posted...
Strife2 posted...

Yeah dude, I got down to 215 (lost 35 pounds), and then with my wife pregnant again it's been hard to maintain and I've gained 20 back lol.

Damn baby weight lol
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
1 month ago#70
Party went ok I suppose. Only a water bottle, small sandwich, and a small amount of snacks. I'll be very curious where I'm at when I weigh myself tomorrow. I think I'll just take the drastic soda and caffeine dropoff as the gain today. I might actually fall asleep.
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.