I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

User Info: FlyingForever

FlyingForever
3 weeks ago#341
Uglyface2 posted...
FlyingForever posted...
So not only do you need to lose the weight for general health, but you have a serious medical condition which you could greatly improve by losing weight.

You have all the motivation in the world yet you refuse to put in effort because it's boring or uncomfortable??

OK, you know what? I post here for general support, not for somebody to s*** all over my effort because I'm not madly in love with the idea of working out. You don't like what I'm doing, then ignore my posts or block my account.

I just don't see how you expect support in a thread about weight loss where you blatantly tell people you decide to put no effort in because it's not fun?

I'm on your side dude my other post was trying to motivate you before you brought up anything medical. Once you learn that your health is at SERIOUS risk if you don't put some effort and willpower into something does that not motivate you?

Your own mortality? A fate of ill at the hand of none other than yourself?
-~get rich or drunk trying ~-

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
3 weeks ago#342
Yeah he's not s***ting on your effort, he's just saying you should put in more effort.

Tell your lack of motivation to suck it and make some gains
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
3 weeks ago#343
Fine. It's only been about a week and a half since I started, and I'm not in great shape. Give me some time.

Back on topic. I tried the elliptical machine again, and I made a modest gain of 30 seconds before my legs were in pain. I'd read somewhere that you can work different muscles by going backwards, so I tried that. Didn't last 10 seconds. I suspect it'll be a while before I can put any serious time on one of those.

Spent some more time on a treadmill. I boosted the speed a tiny bit as I went along, and that helped with the boredom.

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
3 weeks ago#344
Uglyface2 posted...
Fine. It's only been about a week and a half since I started, and I'm not in great shape. Give me some time.

Back on topic. I tried the elliptical machine again, and I made a modest gain of 30 seconds before my legs were in pain. I'd read somewhere that you can work different muscles by going backwards, so I tried that. Didn't last 10 seconds. I suspect it'll be a while before I can put any serious time on one of those.

Spent some more time on a treadmill. I boosted the speed a tiny bit as I went along, and that helped with the boredom.

Get an exercise bike and play video games while u bike. Listen to music or watch TV or movies while on treadmills.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
Been at a convention all weekend but I haven't cheated at all. Looking forward to checking the scale tomorrow.
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
3 weeks ago#346
Ugh. I can't stop drinking water. f*** this heat.
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
3 weeks ago#347
Strife2 posted...

Water is good
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: FlyingForever

FlyingForever
3 weeks ago#348
Strife2 posted...

It's f***ing hot where I am as well. 2 weeks ago we had sweaters and jeans on. Now I'm in shorts, no shirt, and burnt to s***. Sweating my balls off outside at work.

Welcome to Canada
-~get rich or drunk trying ~-

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
3 weeks ago#349
Up to 3.5 MPH on the treadmill, which is a nice, quick walk. I started cramping a bit after 15 minutes, so I'm going to work on that speed for a while.

User Info: Kyojo777

Kyojo777
3 weeks ago#350
FlyingForever posted...
You think people who are in amazing shape love having restricted diets? Love killing it in the gym everyday? No.

In my experience most do. I can’t speak for them, but for me I love the release of endorphins I get whenever I exercise, I love when I make healthy choices because I know I’m improving my body. I had to learn to love it, but once I did everything became so much more easier. Not to say you’re wrong though, I got the underlying point. However I felt I needed to add that, since fitness isn’t a chore for everyone.

Uglyface2 posted...
I tried the elliptical machine again, and I made a modest gain of 30 seconds before my legs were in pain.

What kind of pain are we talking?
I feel you! I feel you deeply! Your feeling I can feel deeply!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.