I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
3 months ago#21
5-6 days of exercise per week. Almost an hour a day, as stated above.

True, the yoga is often lighter stretching, but the DDP and Kundalini styles can double as cardio since I practice long enough. I do know that the jogging still does the best job at burning calories though. It's just been too cold to be outside until recently. I started back up last week.
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
3 months ago#22
Strife2 posted...
5-6 days of exercise per week. Almost an hour a day, as stated above.

True, the yoga is often lighter stretching, but the DDP and Kundalini styles can double as cardio since I practice long enough. I do know that the jogging still does the best job at burning calories though. It's just been too cold to be outside until recently. I started back up last week.

Yeah but an hour of day might only be a few hundred calories. You need to burn I dunno at least a thousand if not thousands.

Have you thought about cutting your diet?

That said, what is your height, weight, and age?

Maybe you do not even need to lose weight.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

Strife2
3 months ago#23
I can probably cut the junk food or going out to eat as often (stick to yogurt or sushi if I do), and try to plan the meals more so I don't rely on an extra snack or two. At most, get me more around 2500-3000 calories instead.

Height: 5'8"

Sept. 16: 147.5 lbs (going on 31)
Jan. 17: 155 lbs (after Christmas)
Jun 17: 165-170 lbs (family visit)
Jan 18-Feb 18: 170-175 lbs (just last month)
Mar. 18: 185.5 lbs (halfway to 33)

It's only been a year and a half. I'm not convinced my metabolism just went "poof."
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 3 months ago)

Corrik
3 months ago#24
Strife2 posted...
I can probably cut the junk food or going out to eat as often (stick to yogurt or sushi if I do), and try to plan the meals more so I don't rely on an extra snack or two. At most, get me more around 2500-3000 calories instead.

Height: 5'8"

Sept. 16: 147.5 lbs (going on 31)
Jan. 17: 155 lbs (after Christmas)
Jun 17: 165-170 lbs (family visit)
Jan 18-Feb 18: 170-175 lbs (just last month)
Mar. 18: 185.5 lbs (halfway to 33)

It's only been a year and a half. I'm not convinced my metabolism just went "poof."

Your metabolism hits kind of a wall around 30.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

User Info: Solioxrz362

Solioxrz362
3 months ago#25
I'm just gonna say this straight up

Your exercising is fine. There is no issue with it. You also aren't necessarily taking in too many liquids - liquids are fine. IMO, you need to start watching 3 main things:
- Your calories (If you're trying to lose weight, 3k is too much. If you were trying to bulk up and gain a ton of muscle mass, different story, but you need to get this way lower)
- Your sugar intake (tons of things have added sugar nowadays, and you just don't need it. Not to mention the less sugar you take in, the less sugar there is for your body to burn as energy, and the more fat you'll burn instead).
- Saturated fat intake (fat intake is okay. Too much saturated fat intake is definitely not okay. If something is rich in monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats, then you're doing alright. If it's got a pretty crazy amount of saturated fat, just don't eat it)

So keep up with your exercise, cut out all sodas and limit intake of everything except water to very small portions, and then watch how much and what you eat.

Here's what I suggest specifically for your diet based on losing fat/losing unhealthy weight:
- Limit carbs/sugar. Honestly, all it takes is knowing the food group and checking the labels for sugars. You don't need to completely avoid carbs, but you should limit it, and the less sugar the better. You'll get enough sugar without drinking sodas and stuff.
- Milk needs to become way less important in your diet. Replace it with water/unsweet tea. Again, you don't need to completely avoid milk, it's cool to have in limited amounts and not all the time. It's just kinda fatty and not the best choice for losing weight.
- What's up with the protein shake? No need to have a protein shake if you just eat some protein during the rest of the day. Protein shakes (along with some other stuff like Gatorade) should probably be left to athletes and bodybuilders.
- Calories should probably be around 2k for you max. I'm not sure exactly what kind of calorie burning your exercising will do and how many you'll need to keep up with your exercise regimen, but I assume that if you're around 1700-2000 you're gonna be losing weight and you'll still be fine.
- Maybe try intermittent fasting? For every 24 hours, have an 8 hour feeding period and a 16 hour fasting period (this means no eating and no drinking anything with more than 0 calories, so basically only water). Basically, have lunch and dinner, and then sleep for 8 hours and skip breakfast. You're gonna have to keep your calorie intake higher on your other meals without that 1st big meal every day but seeing what your diet is now, that shouldn't be an issue.
- And most importantly, GET RID OF SODA. Seriously. It's high on sugars and calories, and you seem to drink a lot of it everyday. Do not get rid of liquid. Get rid of soda specifically. Liquids are good, but you've gotta know which ones to drink, and soda is the one that you should not be drinking under any circumstance.
Got a brand new blues that I can't explain

Corrik
3 months ago#26
It says you are 22lbs overweight, but that also is not exact due to muscle. It could be less.

Your bmr is 1870.78. This is what you burn just to be alive every day with breathing.

Your Harris Benedict Equation with estimating you at "moderate" has you at 2899.71.

This is the amount of calories you burn normally with every day life.

3500 calories = 1lb.

You need to have a 3500 calorie deficit to lose a lb. If you have a 3500 calorie surplus, you gain a pound.

You are estimating 3-5k calories a day.

Meaning you need to be burning probably 3.5-5.5k calories a day accordingly to be losing a lb a week. Or you need to cut your calorie intake lower.

Hope that helps.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: EmoCombeeDancin

EmoCombeeDancin
3 months ago#27
Low calorie organic cereals (the stuff that is 100-110 cals per serving, instead of double that)

-sugar

Oatmeal (nuts, agave sweetener)

-sugar

Peanut butter sandwiches

-sugar + protein

Smoothies (Frozen fruit, milk, and yogurt)

-sugar

Protein Shakes (even more milk...whee)

this isn't a given, but I'm going to take a wild guess: sugar

Chicken wraps with hummus, spinach, and carrots

ok this is fine

Your problem isn't even calories, you're eating nothing but sugar, which by its nature makes you hungry for more sugar.
SantaRPG Turning letters into other letters since 2008

User Info: EmoCombeeDancin

EmoCombeeDancin
3 months ago#28
Also calorie counting has about as much scientific merit as astrology (except astrology sometimes can sync up with results) but no one ever listens when I say this so I suggest doing some independent nutrition study on your own, and for now just stop eating nothing but sugar
SantaRPG Turning letters into other letters since 2008

Strife2
3 months ago#29
As much as "no sugar" is great, I will also counter by saying plain oatmeal tastes like ass.

I will agree that the American diet is rife with "refined" sugars, but the brain needs glucose to run, even if only by fruits, vegetables, or grains. Avoiding sugar completely is just like avoiding sodium: almost impossible. Almost every restaurant item is gonna be high sodium, high fat, or high sugar in some form. I'm lucky I find the good choices I can.

Doable yes, but nigh impossible. The food industry is also catching on, trying to throw in "sugar alcohols" as if that means anything..."sugar free" my butt.

Anyway, to end with the earlier joke, plain oatmeal tastes like ass. If I eat that at all, I need something to choke it down. Either that or something as filling as oatmeal (one bowl can last me seven hours) that won't taste like old socks.
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
3 months ago#30
Plain oatmeal is still refined sugar, chemically speaking.

Thats why I said eggs.

Please dont try to pretend like your brain is in danger of not having enough glucose if you cut out the obscene surplus you're intaking. Plants need nitrogen but they dont grow better if you take a dump on them everyday.
werd
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.