I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

User Info: Strife2

Strife2
3 months ago#11
GranzonEx posted...
185 is nowhere near bad unless you're like 5'5

5'8". As I said, it's moreso how fast I gained it. Pretty much all fat.
"Evening caress, Always yearning, I must confess, The stars aren't burning"
Copernicus - Candlemass

User Info: BlueCrystalTear

BlueCrystalTear
3 months ago#12
Strife2 posted...
Aside from the milk, all of it is technically water.

It's water with sugar or artificial sweeteners and other added flavor garbage, none of which is healthy. Just drink regular old water.
BlueCrystalTear | GNT BB4 Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner
3DS 4356-4163-4781 | (((FREE HUGS))) | You're living your own life. You're you.

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
3 months ago#13
He clearly means liquids.

Anyways, I will join you in your campaign, sir.

I was eating whatever I wanted up until november 1st to start dieting to go to Hawaii in February. An unfortunate incident occurred right before November so I no longer needed to diet for Hawaii and I just started snowballing with stress eating all the way up until about Feb10th where I was at an almost career high of 281 lbs.

As of today I am 261 lbs. My goal is 225. My absolute lowest goal is 205.

Basically I am using S Health from my Galaxy phone coupled with my fitness pal. I have not incorporated working out into my routine yet. Though I do get some activity at work.

I have mostly cut all liquids besides water. No soda, no beer, no juices, no milk, etc.

I am eating whatever I want while keeping my calories between 1200-2000 a day. Substituted oranges and yogurts for a lot of chips and other stuff.

The apps help keep me accountable mostly. I have slipped up a couple of days, but mostly I am adhering.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

Strife2
3 months ago#14
I find what is so frustrating is I eat pretty well...most of the day

Low calorie organic cereals (the stuff that is 100-110 cals per serving, instead of double that)
Oatmeal (nuts, agave sweetener)
Peanut butter sandwiches
Smoothies (Frozen fruit, milk, and yogurt)
Protein Shakes (even more milk...whee)
Chicken wraps with hummus, spinach, and carrots

I eat 5-6 times a day (big -> small -> big -> small -> big -> small). Probably 3-4k calories. Worked great when I dropped weight 10 years ago. Never had a problem keeping said diet until now. Maybe like Corrik said, stress eating is a thing.

But instead of following the mantra "You eat what you buy," like more fruit or yogurt to pad things out, the vending machine in my building is close by...taunting me. Stupid sexy candy bars...
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 3 months ago)

Strife2
3 months ago#15
Here's also the workout regimen.

2xdays of strength training (bodyweight or light weights) - 30 minutes
2-3xdays of yoga/pilates (DDPYoga, Kundalini, or Hatha) - 45 min-1 hour
1-2x days of jogging outside (20-30 minutes) - depends on the weather

I also do a physical therapy when I can, maybe 1-2 times a week. Foam rolls, lacrosse balls, Theracane, PT exercises for hands, knee, back, etc.
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 3 months ago)

Strife2
3 months ago#16
Also, doesn't anyone know if chewing gum actually works as a mental trick to avoid overeating? I know it also does a SLIGHT calorie burn if done long enough. Weird how that works.
Copernicus - Candlemass

Corrik
3 months ago#17
Strife2 posted...
Also, doesn't anyone know if chewing gum actually works as a mental trick to avoid overeating? I know it also does a SLIGHT calorie burn if done long enough. Weird how that works.

Chewing gum helps people who have oral fixations. Instead of having to smoke or eat, you can chew gum.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik

Corrik
3 months ago#18
Strife2 posted...
I find what is so frustrating is I eat pretty well...most of the day

Low calorie organic cereals (the stuff that is 100-110 cals per serving, instead of double that)
Oatmeal (nuts, agave sweetener)
Peanut butter sandwiches
Smoothies (Frozen fruit, milk, and yogurt)
Protein Shakes (even more milk...whee)
Chicken wraps with hummus, spinach, and carrots

I eat 5-6 times a day (big -> small -> big -> small -> big -> small). Probably 3-4k calories. Worked great when I dropped weight 10 years ago. Never had a problem keeping said diet until now. Maybe like Corrik said, stress eating is a thing.

But instead of following the mantra "You eat what you buy," like more fruit or yogurt to pad things out, the vending machine in my building is close by...taunting me. Stupid sexy candy bars...

Unless you are trying to put on muscle, you shouldn't be drinking protein shakes unless not getting protein in your diet.

Wait hold on.

3-4k calories a day?

Then it all depends on how much you are working out. You can't lose weight without a lot of exercising at that calorie amount.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
(edited 3 months ago)

Strife2
3 months ago#19
It's usually 3k, but I've been anywhere around 4-5k with going out to eat more (another habit from grad school) and all those liquids. My habits and adherence are all out of wack now.
Copernicus - Candlemass
(edited 3 months ago)

Corrik
3 months ago#20
Strife2 posted...
It's usually 3k, but I've been anywhere around 4-5k with going out to eat more (another habit from grad school) and all those liquids.

How much are you working out? If you are not burning like 2-3k calories a day depending on how much ur actually eating then ur not going to lose weight. And that's a ton of calories to burn.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. I'm ****ing Sick of This (Weight Loss Topic)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.