The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#51
actually I went ahead and randomized my TV Trope and got

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheComputerIsACheatingBastard

which apparently counts for Tekken 7 because of that ridiculous Akuma boss fight!

49. Choose a random page on TVTropes and beat something from the video game section

Tekken 7

I hope to play Injustice 2 sometime this year so I should still be covered on the fighting games front

If not there are a LOT more cheating bastard games out there
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#52
39. Finish a game in one day

Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora

It was pretty decent overall, and I may try it again someday because apparently I got some very mediocre endings. I need more evidence, or need to be less flippant with how I go about getting evidence. One section of the game had me super frustrated, but other than that, it was cool.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: Cody11533

Cody11533
1 month ago#53
8. Beat a spin-off or a game that rebooted a franchise
Hyrule Warriors
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone." -Satoru Iwata
"11533 >>> 1001 imo" - Jeff Zero

User Info: HBJDubs

HBJDubs
1 month ago#54
14. Beat a JRPG

Tales Of Xillia

As is tradition my first game of the year is a JRPG (FFXV year one, Tales Of The Abyss year two). Current Tales ranking: Graces > Abyss > Berseria > Xillia > Vesperia > Zestiria > Legendia. I'm debating whether to go for Xillia 2 or Symphonia next, although neither will be for awhile cause I'd like to actually have a shot at 50 games this year. 1/50
Save in the name of true love
~Project 1000~

User Info: Zyxyz0

Zyxyz0
1 month ago#55
33. Beat a game with a robot/artificial lead

Machinarium

A classic point-and-click adventure with some truly outstanding atmosphere, picked up as part of a bundle with some other games by the same developer in the recent Steam sale. I'll admit I had to look up hints for some of the puzzles, but it was still a neat experience! (Another benefit to getting the bundle: the soundtrack and artbook included are excellent, too.)

2/50
Archive of my and others' playthrough/ranking topics, fanfiction recs, etc:
http://zyxyzarchive.x10host.com/

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
1 month ago#56
HBJDubs posted...
As is tradition my first game of the year is a JRPG (FFXV year one, Tales Of The Abyss year two). Current Tales ranking: Graces > Abyss > Berseria > Xillia > Vesperia > Zestiria > Legendia. I'm debating whether to go for Xillia 2 or Symphonia next, although neither will be for awhile cause I'd like to actually have a shot at 50 games this year. 1/50

I'm only on the second chapter of Berseria, but I can't imagine having Abyss even remotely near it on the ratings.

Seems as you've played all the tales games I haven't played, so I can't really gauge your opinion in these things. I do want to play graces soon.
werd

User Info: MZero11

MZero11
1 month ago#57
Finally beat Sonic 1! I never realized how much harder the Genesis games were than the modern ones.

Now I just need to beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles to knock out #50-52
MZero, to the extreme
"2017 Guru champ BKSheikah is racist against cute Pokemon." - Luster

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
1 month ago#58
I remember beating sonic 1

it's really not a good game!
werd

User Info: Arti

Arti
1 month ago#59
26. Beat a game with revenge as a central theme

Yakuza Kiwami

I enjoyed my first time through the Yakuza series with this remake, and interested in Yakuza Kiwami 2 when it releases next year. Though I think I'll head back to Yakuza 0 and see what I missed by not playing that beforehand.

3/50
insert something about BKSheikah here
http://backloggery.com/articuno2001/sig.gif

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#60
30. Beat a game with a female lead

Beyond Good & Evil

I was so ready to do this as a developer I like until I looked it up and this and Psychonauts weren't developed by the same company. That feels weird because it feels quite a lot like Psychonauts in character models (especially H.H.) and playstyle and tone.

It was alright. I definitely was expecting more than I got, and it didn't really live up to the hype surrounding it. The final stretch was criminally easy, and the world was a whole lot smaller with much less to do than I expected. I loved the camera usage (especially the Pokemon Snap-like final animal) but this was a breezy barely-ten-hour game.

I hear they're making a second one. Good for them, I look forward to trying it out someday, but this wasn't amazing. Some great leads though. Pey'j is awesome.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.