The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge
35. Beat a game with a lead that's from a fictional species

Ratchet & Clank -PS4

I enjoyed this a lot more than the last Ratchet and Plank game I tried. Wasn't expecting this to be my favorite game on PS + this month
SantaRPG Turning letters into other letters since 2008

User Info: Dragon66116

Dragon66116
1 month ago#242
19. Beat a platformer
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

10/50
Suddenly, Mudkips. Thousands of them.(preferably OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Congrats to BKSheikah, 2017 Guru champ.

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
1 month ago#243
33. Beat a game with a robot/artificial lead

Mighty No. 9

I can't remember the last time I played a game as unfun as this one. It feels like every level was designed around bulls*** instant kill obstacles. I got this for free and still feel ripped off.

11/50
The final Undisputed Champion in UCA history.

davidponte
1 month ago#244
30. Beat a game with a female lead

Metal Slug 4

I picked the girl.

12/50

davidponte
1 month ago#245
3. Beat a game released between 2000-2009

Metal Slug 5

This one felt a lot shorter than the other ones.

13/50

davidponte
1 month ago#246
20. Beat an action game

Metal Slug 6

14/50

davidponte
1 month ago#247
44. Beat a game based on licensed stories/characters

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series

I enjoyed this one, and prefer it to the first season of the Batman game. Something about comedy meshes well with the Telltale style of storytelling.

15/50

User Info: tazzyboyishere

tazzyboyishere
1 month ago#248
14. Beat a JRPG
Bravely Second: End Layer

38. Beat a game you'd dropped or had a long hold on
A Hat in Time
http://i.imgur.com/l7xxLh1.jpg
PSN/Steam - RoboQuote ; NNID - TazzyMan

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
1 month ago#249
8. Beat a spin-off or a game that rebooted a franchise

Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

- Finally beat another game after sputtering out on a few, and continuing to delay some 2017 save files.

Dragon Quest Heroes is the second musou game I've played. I started Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends for this topic, but I've only completed one campaign so far and get quite disinterested in playing after a map or two at a time. I don't know how long until I can add that to this list, but I'm going to make some comparisons now.

Though DW8XL boasts many more weapon types, more complex combat, a host of personalities, and much bigger maps... as someone who doesn't know anything about the Romance lore, it's just too all over the place for my tastes. Characters come and go with little fanfare, the story jumps forward years after nearly every chapter, the maps are confusing and similar, and you're forced upon new characters with completely different playstyles all the time. The game has felt like more of a chore.

Dragon Quest Heroes is definitely an easier game that trades battlefield warfare and hidden missions for a really fun story, fun and familiar enemies, and a great cast of characters. I thoroughly enjoyed the pacing of the game and the amount of sidequests. Character voices and combat styles were well-defined and fun. The cutscenes were entertaining. I love the classic Dragon Quest soundtrack (that I heard all the time playing Fortune Street). This was so much fun and revitalized a yearning to play the classics. My friend even went out and bought Dragon Quest VIII after watching some of my play.

Some of the most fun continues to be trying to beat up Metal Slimes. I love the chase!
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
4 weeks ago#250
29. Beat a game with comedy as a central theme
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge

45. Beat a game that's been adapted into another medium
Hitman: Absolution

48. Beat a game that starts with the first letter of your username
Kirby: Planet Robobot

I'm not sure if Absolution qualifies for that category, but they have made two movies based on the series!
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.