The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

User Info: Dragon66116

Dragon66116
4 months ago#181
42. Beat a game with a Metascore above 90
Undertale

8/50
Suddenly, Mudkips. Thousands of them.(preferably OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Congrats to BKSheikah, 2017 Guru champ.

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 months ago#182
42. Beat a game with a Metascore above 90

Batman: Arkham City

I had a much better time with the game in this playthrough than the first time I played it, but it's still my least favourite Arkham game.

9/50
https://psnprofiles.com/Simmons-94
Battle.net - Simmons#11339

User Info: Robazoid

Robazoid
4 months ago#183
Beat a game released in 2018
Subnautica

It was in early access for awhile but the official release was in 2018!

2/50
**R.O.B.A.Z.O.I.D**

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
4 months ago#184
36. Replay a game from a long time ago

Pokemon Crystal. Did a Nuzlocke, lost eight pokemon oops. Played Soul Silver a few times recently but not Crystal.
Glaze on the layers of the atmosphere, white stardust sprinkles on a fine parfait.
I'll take your hand and you can take me here, up to the Satellite Cafe.

User Info: davidponte

davidponte
4 months ago#185
50-52. Beat three games in a series (First Game)

Kingdom Hearts

I'm going through my 4th or 5th playthrough, depending on the game, of this series in anticipation of KH3 which hopefully releases sometime during my lifetime. This time on PS4! Now that the difficulty trophies stack, I decided to attempt to complete this platinum, so my first run was on beginner without changing equipment and under 15 hours, to knock out a bunch of the trophies.

I'll do a run on Proud eventually then wrap up all the journal and secret boss stuff.
https://psnprofiles.com/Simmons-94
Battle.net - Simmons#11339

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
4 months ago#186
22. Beat a fighting game

Dragonball FighterZ

Great game mechanically, but man was the story mode longer than it needed to be, especially for something required to unlock a character.

8/50
Our eyes were removed
For our own safety
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: tazzyboyishere

tazzyboyishere
4 months ago#187
15. Beat a puzzle game
Portal 2

Finally beat the co-op after so many years.
http://i.imgur.com/l7xxLh1.jpg
PSN/Steam - RoboQuote ; NNID - TazzyMan
44. Beat a game based on licensed stories/characters

The Simpsons: Hit and Run

This game was so much harder than I remember it being. Maybe ALL gamecube games were really hard, but we just didn't realize it at the time. Maybe modern gaming has just spoiled me too much. Who knows.
SantaRPG Turning letters into other letters since 2008

User Info: Mega Mana

Mega Mana
4 months ago#189
40. Finish a game that took you at least twenty-five hours to beat

Little Alchemy 2

- Took me about five to six full workdays to get all 661 elements unlocked, and then the last two hours to deplete all the elements and make every possible connection.

It was definitely a fun timewaste as it didn't detract from my work, wasn't involving enough to lament loss of concentration, and had enough content to keep me guessing as to what combinations there could possibly be. I'd often be stuck for a while and then wind up releasing a new item I wasn't expecting (dough, hospital, and pirate were big late ones) and using that to chain off almost a dozen elements to further use. I also like the fact that my last two elements were Treasure Map and Treasure. Feels very fitting.

The worst thing about the game is that I can't really apply it to any categories. It was a 2017 release that I played for over 25 hours. Puzzle game? Maybe.
"In my headcanon, some staffer saw Trump pull out his phone and start typing so they just Terry Tate Office Linebacker'd him out of his shoes." - FFD

User Info: Girugamesh

Girugamesh
4 months ago#190
Between Monster Hunter and FF Record Keeper I feel like I'm not going to be adding anything to this for a while.
https://backloggery.com/megadriver
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.