The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
4 months ago#151
Gonna try doing this again this year after sitting out last year, although I waste so much time on mobile games that I doubt I'll make it to 50 again.

12. Beat a game made by a developer you've never tried

Pathologic HD. Always been interested in Ice-Pick Lodge's games (the Pathologic remake is one of the very few games I've contributed to on Kickstarter), but never played one before. I was kind of expecting this to be too dated to power through, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

39. Finish a game in one day

Spelunky. Of course I beat Spelunky. Why wouldn't I beat Spelunky?

43. Beat another user's favorite game

Final Fantasy 7. Got the urge to replay it, so I grabbed it for the Vita. Still great.

47. Play a technically unbeatable game for at least six hours

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. Also One Piece Treasure Cruise. I am gacha trash.

Got "Weapon Jr." for my TV tropes page. Replaying Skyrim seems tempting. Could do Super Mario World if I want to finish something quickly, or MGS4 if I want to finally get that off of my backlog.

I also beat Dead Cells, although I'm not sure I'm going to count it. It's an unfinished early access game, but there is an end point, and getting to it counts as a "completed run" in the games' stats. Hopefully they finish it by the end of the year so I can count it without hesitation.
Our eyes were removed
For our own safety

User Info: Dragon66116

Dragon66116
4 months ago#152
15. Beat a puzzle game
Human Resource Machine

7/50
Suddenly, Mudkips. Thousands of them.(preferably OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Congrats to BKSheikah, 2017 Guru champ.

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
4 months ago#153
39. Finish a game in one day
Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams

I was technically five minutes in, so I simply created a new file just to legitimately place it under this category.
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg

User Info: tazzyboyishere

tazzyboyishere
4 months ago#154
25. Beat a game with horror as a central theme
Nioh

I just did a write-up on it in my top games of 2017 topic of anyone wants to check it out!

#notsosubtleplug
http://i.imgur.com/l7xxLh1.jpg
PSN/Steam - RoboQuote ; NNID - TazzyMan
49. Choose a random page on TVTropes and beat something from the video game section

Tony Hawk's Underground

holy cow, this was one of the more intense gaming experiences in my life.

on one hand, this is a terrible game in many many different ways, terrible plot, premise, levels, mechanics. I may not know much about theology, but I do know the person who said "lets make stealth levels in a tony hawk game" is either going to hell, or was originally spawned there. The game is just a huge collection of everything that's wrong with gaming: Fetch quests, busy work, and just all around lack of polish.

But when this game gets legitimately challenging, it gets AMAZING. The "final boss" had me screaming and raging at the tv (but in a good way) This game is on a crazy other level from every other tony hawk game I played. It's too bad it had to be fluffed up with riding a leaf blower through leaf piles.
SantaRPG Turning letters into other letters since 2008

User Info: RyoCaliente

RyoCaliente
4 months ago#156
47. Play a technically unbeatable game for at least six hours
FIFA 18
How paralyzingly dull, boring and tedious!

User Info: HBJDubs

HBJDubs
4 months ago#157
19. Beat a platformer

You Have To Win The Game

40. Finish a game that took you at least twenty-five hours to beat

Tales Of Symphonia

I lied, Tales gets me hooked. Definitely taking a break before I tackle Symphonia's and Xillia's sequels though. This game was good but not as much as the others. Graces > Berseria > Abyss > Xillia > Vesperia > Symphonia > Zestiria > Legendia. I flip-flop between Abyss and Berseria a lot, but after seeing someone comment on my rankings earlier I thought hard about my definitive rankings. Ultimately three things made me push Berseria over the top: voiced skits, battle gameplay, and having the best character between the two games. They're both solidly above the rest though. 5/50
Save in the name of true love
~Project 1000~
I am very happy that I forced you to raise Berseria a rank.

Makes me want to try Graces, since I can't imagine a tales game better than berseria
SantaRPG Turning letters into other letters since 2008

User Info: Girugamesh

Girugamesh
4 months ago#159
27. Beat a game with mystery as a central theme
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Spirit of Justice

Liked it a lot, although I’m going to have to let sink in a bit before I figure out where it ranks. Fifth case was obviously the highlight. Had some real good twists that even when you guessed them it didn’t ruin the experience.
https://backloggery.com/megadriver

User Info: TheArkOfTurus

TheArkOfTurus
4 months ago#160
42. Beat a game with a Metascore above 90

Undertale

Yep, still really like Undertale.

5/50
Our eyes were removed
For our own safety
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.