The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

User Info: Shonen_Bat

Shonen_Bat
1 month ago#11
19. Beat a platformer

Mario Odyssey done, except for the 300 moons I didn't find ugh.

I was in love with Odyssey for the maingame. Felt a bit too short though, maybe because you get moons thrown at you so often? Once I got to the postgame and started having to do the same challenges in every world my opinion of the game dropped a bit. The darker side of the moon level didn't feel as well-designed as the rest of the game, didn't enjoy that as much as the challenge levels in other Mario games.
Glaze on the layers of the atmosphere, white stardust sprinkles on a fine parfait.
I'll take your hand and you can take me here, up to the Satellite Cafe.

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
1 month ago#12
39. Finish a game in one day

Bound PS4

Participating in this challenge makes me feel less like I wasted my time on this game : )
werd

User Info: tazzyboyishere

tazzyboyishere
1 month ago#13
16. Beat a rhythm game
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
http://i.imgur.com/l7xxLh1.jpg
PSN/Steam - RoboQuote ; NNID - TazzyMan

User Info: CrazyJake816

CrazyJake816
1 month ago#14
41. Beat a game with a Metascore below 70

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017)
"Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself"- Vergil

User Info: KCF0107

KCF0107
1 month ago#15
I didn't see that you had a bot program to keep this bumped, but it's early in the year, so getting a premature bump in might help draw in another user or two
KCF can't actually be a real person but he is - greengravy
http://i.imgur.com/VfpY7tg.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#16
SantaRPidgey posted...
Participating in this challenge makes me feel less like I wasted my time on this game : )

it wasn't that bad
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs

User Info: SantaRPidgey

SantaRPidgey
1 month ago#17
I mean it wasn't an actively bad game, but it was definitely more pretentious than it was "fun"

I mean the best parts about the game were learning all the neat ways you could speed through it.
werd

User Info: Applekidrose

Applekidrose
1 month ago#18
i completed Libretta. This is a horror-esque indie game that's pretty short, maybe 4 hours, but told a pretty interesting story. The bulk of the game is narrative with your progress blocked by puzzles, and a few of the puzzles were actually pretty obtuse to solve. The 3rd section of the game has some really clever wordplay / puns to solve puzzles, which I definitely appreciated (almost got a Homestuck vibe from the wordplay). The game technically has multiple endings, but one of them is clearly the "correct" ending.

25. Beat a game with horror as a central theme: Libretta
Give a good greeting. Try not to give up. Sleep well, eat well. If you're troubled, talk to someone! You're likely to succeed if you try.

User Info: Gatarix

Gatarix
1 month ago#19
only the HIGHEST QUALITY games in 2018

35. Beat a game with a lead that's from a fictional species
Pocket Plants

I'm counting this as beaten because I have all the regular plants, which concludes the game's "storyline" (such as it is) -- I don't think the super plants are canon
You put your RESOLVE HAT back on, which conveniently is the same hat as your NORMAL HAT.
{Drakeryn}

User Info: Johnbobb

Johnbobb
1 month ago#20
32. Beat a game with a non-white lead
Virginia

what a weird f***ing game. really not sure what happened but whatever
Khal Kirby, warlord of the Super Star Khalasar
PSN/Steam: CheddarBBQ https://goo.gl/Diw2hs
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. The Great 2018 Video Game Challenge

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.