WWF (1983-)1985 Topic 5: When it comes crashin' down and it hurts inside [TEW]

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. WWF (1983-)1985 Topic 5: When it comes crashin' down and it hurts inside [TEW]

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
6 months ago#201
It's time to decide the fate of WWF and its greatest stable. If Flair, Hogan, Rheingans, and the Funks win, All Japan must disband! But if Hansen, Baba, Tsuruta, Tenryu, and AKIO win, they gain control of WWF! This one erupts even faster than the other 5v5. AKIO and Dory fall pretty quickly, followed by Baba after Dory gets vengeance with a chair. Hogan takes out Tsuruta, but Hansen goes on a rampage and eliminates Hogan and Terry! Down to Flair and Rheingans vs. Hansen and Tenryu. Rheingans plays face in peril, Flair gets the hot tag, and Tenryu is tapping to the Figure Four moments later. Flair takes a LARIATO~! Rheingans cuts in for the save, but Hansen eventually gets the upper hand and ejects the Olympian. ...But this lets Flair recover enough for a chop block! Flair stays on him, and gets on the Figure Four! Hansen reverses it a couple of times....but eventually has to tap out! All Japan is over! (78) JJ Dillon raises Flair and Rheingans' hands, and tells Hansen to say goodbye to his posse! (84)

The fun isn't over yet though, as we have to crown the SOLE SURVIVOR. Flair and Rheingans stay in the ring to face Ventura, DiBiase, and Lawler. Rheingans is selling that toss to the outside, but still manages to catch DiBiase for a surprise elimination before going out to Ventura. Flair heroically beats the odds~ by taking out Lawler and Ventura in succession! (87) WOOOOO (100)

Overall: 87 SUCCESS

NEWS
-National Battle: AWA > WWF > GCW
-Razor Ramon has been suspended for his second violation of the wellness policy.

I'll update the spreadsheet and post a survey in a bit, I hope.
Look at all those chickens
There's a hunger in the land, there's a reckoning still to be reckoned

Tom Bombadil
6 months ago#202
@Lopen
@eaedwards6400
@5tarscream
I could tag other people but eh you are the active-ish ones

1. How should Hansen's WM challenger be determined?
A. Give it to Flair for storyline and the SurSer win
B. Baba turns face and goes for the belt (It should be noted that neither title match would be ME vs. ME in this case)
C. Mini-tournament
D. Battle Royal
E. Unify the belts by adding Hansen to Bruno/Ventura

2. Are there any of these working agreements I should break? I've gone through and picked out people we'd be likely to compete over as a result. This also would make the stakes greater if we face off in National Battles, and make it harder to get people on loans for things like the Rumble.
GCW: Stan Hansen
MACW: Paul Jones, Gary Hart, Koko B. Ware, Randy Anderson, but they'll take Flair if they get big enough to put him on written
WCCW: Jimmy Hart, Meng

3. I think the "give La Parka a title" prize will be easier if I pair him with somebody who's over. Who do you want? I've suggested all the Upper Mid faces without an active storyline but you don't have to pick one of them:
A. Jerry Blackwell
B. Brad Rheingans
C. Tony Atlas
D. Hulk Hogan
E. Write in:

4. What stip does Ventura want for fighting Bruno?
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Lopen

Lopen
6 months ago#203
How long did All Japan last anyway? I feel like they didn't overstay their welcome and you could've milked it a bit longer but I'm just wondering if that's accurate or not.

1. A
2. You should either break all of them now or break all of em at Wrestlemania 3 I think. Depends how confident you are in your show.
3. D... yes... La Parka being the new Beefer I like this
4. 5 on 1 handicap match in rare footage of the heel actually picking a strong stip for winning rights to it. ... feel free to discard this.
No problem!
This is a cute and pop genocide of love!

Tom Bombadil
6 months ago#204
Looks like about a year and a half

Lopen
6 months ago#205
Wow. Time flies huh? Well I am skeptical much any stable can last too much longer than that so I guess that was the right move.
No problem!

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
6 months ago#206
A
Are you confident you could keep Hansen and Flair? If so, break them all.
B Use Rheingans SS momentum.
Gauntlet match. Bruno has to beat all 5 of Team Ventura to win the title. If he loses at any point Ventura retains.
User ID: 4002777

Tom Bombadil
6 months ago#207
I'd have to get in a bidding war with AWA and GCW over Hansen, which I may or may not win. Flair has loyalty to MACW, so I am not gonna get him on a Written and will likely lose him to them eventually whatever I do. (there is way too much loyalty in this mod imo imo imo and that is why I don't already have fifty other dudes we'd all want me using)

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
6 months ago#208
Get big Ted involved. Money talks. Although in this game for whatever reason. It doesn't.
User ID: 4002777

Lopen
6 months ago#209
I change my vote to gauntlet actually

Blatantly unfair but actually a workable stip for match interest's sake
No problem!
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: GTN

GTN
5 months ago#210
when everyone expects it, vince does the opposite
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. WWF (1983-)1985 Topic 5: When it comes crashin' down and it hurts inside [TEW]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.