WWF (1983-)1985 Topic 5: When it comes crashin' down and it hurts inside [TEW]

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. WWF (1983-)1985 Topic 5: When it comes crashin' down and it hurts inside [TEW]

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#151
almost as good as he is at wrasslin'
I have the power of God AND anime on my side
Let justice roll like a mighty stream

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#152
NEWS
-New AWA feuds: Zbyszko/Duggan, Von Erichs/Masked+Andre, Bockwinkel/Animal, Lawler/Sawyer
-GCW turns Savage face
-Honky leaves MSW via contract expiry
-CMLL Tour gets 75 (ME: Jalisco Jr/Lizmark/Kung Fu d. Chicana/Rocca/Panther)
-SWCW gets 72 (ME: JYD/Wahoo d. Rude/Spot)

WWF Thursday Night Raw
Wk. 2, 2/85

Pre-show: Future Perfect d. Onita/Patterson (51)

The Funk Brothers beat Baba and Tsuruta in a solid opener. (74) Flair comes out after the match. He has been impressed with the Funks, and asks them to join TEAM WWF. We have our first recruits! (84, Flair's Nature Boy gets an initial 92) Jules Strongbow comes out, only to get flattened by King Kong Bundy! Bundy grabs a mic, yells "JAKE ROBERTS," and leaves. (32)

Iron Sheik faces off with La Parka. Sheik is particularly disrespectful to the luchador, spitting at him and pulling at the mask. Unfortunately, Parka is not quite able to turn his arrogance into a win. (64) Steamboat and Michaels are backstage. Steamboat expresses disappointment that Sheik thinks he's so far above the next generation. (50, Steamboat's Hero gets an initial 100) Fuji finds Bruno backstage, and says that Tully wanted to see him in the ring after the main event. Bruno seems confused. (53)

Hogan beats Razor. (69) Style and Substance brag about busting up Faces of Fear last night! (56, Schultz's Tough Guy gets an initial 83) Atlas beats Afa. (63) Faces of Fear question who the "savages" are after SnS's sneak attack. They'll get theirs. (64)

Jake successfully defends the IC Title over former champ Ivan Koloff. (74) Snuka and Jones come out. They're tired of being irrelevant, and want Death and Taxes next week! D&T are happy to oblige. (59) Flair teams up with Team WWF hopeful Butch Reed against Hansen and Tenryu in the main event. The Natural is clearly a weak link, and takes the pin. (80) Tully calls Bruno out to the ring to discuss the NWA Title Survivor Series match. They used to be friends, so Tully would like to....kick Bruno's head in! Looks like this was all a setup, as Ventura and Lawler come in from the wings to put a 3-on-1 beating on the champ! He doesn't deserve that...and apparently Don Muraco agrees, as he comes out to make the save! Bruno's pretty grumpy, but the Rac managed to prevent any serious damage. (70)

Overall: 78 MIXED

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#153
we do still have people coming in it's just not time yet

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
4 months ago#154
The time is now? Do do do Doooooooo
God I hope not.
User ID: 4002777

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#155
got a few more years before you're subjected to that!

NEWS
-Sheik promotes WWF on national TV
-AWA End of Month gets 88 (ME: Road Warriors d. Von Erichs)
-CMLL Encima En De las Llamas gets 77 (ME: Jalisco Sr. d. Satanico to retain)
-WWC Gillette Cup gets 62 (ME: Morales d. Garea to retain)
-AWA Tour gets 90 (ME: Wahoo d. Bockwinkel for the AWA Title) (Matt Borne d. Brad Armstrong for the AWA Lt. Hvywt. Title)
-K. Windham d. McGraw for the NWA Mid-America title
-AWA gets 88 (ME: Bockwinkel d. Wahoo)
-SWCW Tour gets 82 (ME: JYD d. R. Rougeau)
-WCCW gets 81 (ME: Kamala d. Backlund to retain)
-CMLL gets 70 (ME: Jalisco Jr. d. Rocca)

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#156
WWF All-Star Wrestling
Wk. 3, 2/85

Pre-show: Atlas d. Saito (60)

Bruno and Muraco are in the ring to start. Bruno offers Muraco a spot on his team, since SOME people would rather stab him in the back. Muraco doesn't really trust Bruno, but he's gone a few rounds with those guys already, and wouldn't mind keeping it going. Ventura and Tully come out to mock them, Tully explaining that he'd rather be on the team with a chance of winning. (92) We follow that with Steamboat beating Razor. (70) Meanwhile, Sheik is antagonizing La Parka backstage after last week...until Michaels shows up and kicks him in the face! (36)

Future Perfect bump into Baba and Tsuruta backstage. FP would like to be on Team WWF and run their old rivals out of here once and for all. Baba and Tsuruta are just glad they're still relevant, unlike other former tag champs in the room. #TBT to before Hennig (in addition to causing a censor flag) got on my nerves. (58) Afa Reigns faces Jim Powers in a bit of a grudge match...that becomes a lot of a grudge match as they spill to the outside and brawl up the ramp, earning a double countout. (45)

SnS are out here again to brag about beating up FoF...but FoF hop in from the crowd and attack! Both Martel and Schultz are busted open by shots from the tag belts. (52) Bruno has one more surprise up his sleeve tonight- his next partner is somebody making his WWF debut RIGHT NOW! Out to face Sika comes...."CRUSHER" JERRY BLACKWELL! (71, Giant gimmick gets 95) He's a big boy, and he earns the unusual accomplishment of beating Sika with power. (57) Jerry Lawler shows up, trying to entice him to switch sides. The King gets a big slam and a big splash for his efforts. (70)

Death and Taxes face Snuka and Jones, as requested. However, DiBiase and Williams are able to roll out a bevy of heel tactics to pick up a cheap win! (85) Jake Roberts isn't scared of King Kong Bundy. Maybe he'll put the IC Title up against him. Sounds fun. (62) We get a mini preview of Survivor Series for our main event! Team WWF so far (Flair and the Funks) show promising chemistry against the All Japan combination of Hansen, Baba, and Tsuruta. It's quite a brawl, and eventually Hansen gets tired of it. The two tag teams are brawling on the outside, and Hansen blasts Flair with a chair! That's a DQ. (85) The B-team of All Japan comes out from the back, and it looks like we're in for a good ol' beatdown on Team WWF! Hogan comes out! He saves Team WWF, because he would never turn on his fed when it was being invaded. All Japan get a long line of Big Boots, capped with a LEG DROP on Hansen. Hogan grabs a mic and asks Flair for a spot. There's a bit of tension between them (Hogan wanted Flair's captaincy) but Flair shakes the man's hand. (91)

Overall: 85 SUCCESS

User Info: 5tarscream

5tarscream
4 months ago#157
The Michaels angles always seem to struggle. Is it down to his popularity or am I missing something.
User ID: 4002777

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#158
Yeah he's just not over yet

I'm trying so we'll see

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#159
the harts got over a LITTLE but not enough to be key players (yet)
Look at all those chickens
There's a hunger in the land, there's a reckoning still to be reckoned

Tom Bombadil
4 months ago#160
and La Parka is a higher priority because I owe him a title
Look at all those chickens
There's a hunger in the land, there's a reckoning still to be reckoned
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. WWF (1983-)1985 Topic 5: When it comes crashin' down and it hurts inside [TEW]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.