TOMPIC 6: Lucha of Heroes: Trails in the Underground

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. TOMPIC 6: Lucha of Heroes: Trails in the Underground

User Info: Dark Silvergun

Dark Silvergun
1 month ago#261
MLP:FiM 8.04 - Fake It Til You Make It
6 Days.

Equestria Girls Series #21 of 45
5 Days.

Have a good Easter Tom!
Warning, the self-destruct system has been activated, all personnel should evacuate immediately, 5 minutes to detonation.

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#262
Thanks! Hope yours was good too. We spent most of it with the in-laws.

this should not be taken as the usual speed I'm just excited

STEAM BATTLE #4 FINAL FANTASY VII: Confession time: I've only played a moderate amount of FFVII- I didn't have the attention span as a kid, which is just as well because my dad only had the first disc anyway. Let's check out the hype! Got almost to (what I believe is) the first boss fight. Graphics exceed expectations. EULA is annoying. Nothing here that I didn't already remember.

STEAM BATTLE #13 SHANTAE RISKY'S REVENGE: Spent an inordinate amount of time trying to configure the resolution. Everything's cute!

THE VERDICT: ...Didn't really get to the meat of either game hm. I like the Shantae aesthetic better, but I like RPGs better. I'll go with the classic for now.

Pokemon: One of the few things that stuck with me from childhood was that Whitney was freakin' terrifying, so I swapped out for all female guest pokemon. I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel, which got real awkward when I ran into Rival Sych immediately after, but I got through it somehow. Snagged a female Oddish and HM01 during a quick trip to Ilex. Will take a quick lap around the previously explored world to check for stuff I can Cut and try to grind my scrubs. Current team:
CARTER (Typhlosion 17)
BOARDATIA (Krabby 15)
---
EPONINE (Mareep 12)
AYUMU (Slowpoke 8)
KOJIKO (Spearow 7)
PALMON (Oddish 6)
Look at all those chickens
There's a hunger in the land, there's a reckoning still to be reckoned

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#263
STEAM BATTLE #5- Disgaea: Disgaea is one of my favorite games of all time, and this iteration is brought to us by Coffee, and B8 Secret Santa. I would like to actually get some post-game stuff done this time! I didn't really stick around after beating the original, and my DS version got corrupted about halfway through Etna Mode. This could break the pattern! Seems like a pretty reasonable port. Pleinair just auto-joins! That's cool. This time around, I'm going Bow for Laharl, Axe for Etna, and Fist for Pleinair, because why not. Got through the tutorial stuff for the most part.

Trails: Finished up the last couple Zeiss missions (with a bit of help) and now it's time for lalalala, lalalala, Elmo Village.

Watchmen: BEATED. Interesting ending it's got there. Will have to digest it for a while before I have much of intelligence to say.

In the meantime, it's time to bust out something that was recommended to me years ago, and has been on my queue this whole time. Now, it has found sudden topicality, and with heavier books relegated to audio formats, it's finally time to read....

Ready Player One: oh dear

CoK: nothing is happening except that bran remembered stuff about a book after it would've been useful

User Info: trdl23

trdl23
1 month ago#264
Watchmen's ending is phenomenal. One of the best in fiction overall, imo. Veidt actually succeeding with his "villainous" plan to save the world is something I've never seen done so well to this date.
E come vivo? Vivo!

Dark Silvergun
1 month ago#265
4 Days.

Equestria Girls Series #21 of 45
3 Days.

Cool Tom! My Easter went well too.
Warning, the self-destruct system has been activated, all personnel should evacuate immediately, 5 minutes to detonation.

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#266
CoK: well bye lommy greenhands

Ready Player One: not since My Immortal have we seen such a focused love letter to a specific subculture. It paints such a charming tale of how somebody can become a successful author regardless of skill or polish.

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#267
CoK: setup and setup and

Pokemon: We're on to Ilex Forest!

Dark Silvergun
1 month ago#268
1 Day.

All 5 parts are out, so I compiled them all into one comment:

Equestria Girls Series #17 of 45 - Forgotten Friendship [Part 1 of 5]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGeRYf85W18

Equestria Girls Series #18 of 45 - Forgotten Friendship [Part 2 of 5]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hDWkwclNrg

Equestria Girls Series #19 of 45 - Forgotten Friendship [Part 3 of 5]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdMWJKGTiV4

Equestria Girls Series #20 of 45 - Forgotten Friendship [Part 4 of 5]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx460u15Q9c

Equestria Girls Series #21 of 45 - Forgotten Friendship [Part 5 of 5]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMkWnhCc59Q

Tom Bombadil
1 month ago#269
Persona: Whole lotta Mementos- beat that land bully, and now there's a new path! It's quite creepy. Lotta good persona collecting and treasure hunting and such, though.

Steam Battle #12- Chester One: I believe this was also from Coffee Santa :D I booted it up for a bit previously, enough to have a vague idea of some mechanics and a Chester unlocked. Couldn't figure out how to use anybody but my most recent purchase and the default, but it was a pretty good time regardless, and not as punishing (so far) as other similar platformers. Cleared out a few levels. I really like the ability to switch styles and Chesters, although some of the styles make things a bit hard to see.

THE VERDICT: Chester's a good time, but yeah, it's Disgaea vs. a platformer, and that is a predictable matchup for me.

Steam Battle #2- Doki Doki Literature Club: I have been spoiled on this to an extent, so I'm interested to see it play out. Last time I was put off by the warnings, but now it's less winter-y and I am in a bit better mental health. And we're off to the races! Nothing has happened yet- just a quartet of cute girls doing cute things. I wrote a poem for Natsuki, but took Yuri's side in the debate. I'm not sure if there's a "right" way to do things, but I generally play my first run of a VN as myself, and that's how I'd roll. Interesting that there doesn't seem to be a Monika option at either point. Currently Natsuki > Yuri > Sayori >> Monika but we'll, uh, see how that goes later.

Total War Shogun 2 can't seem to get itself running, so time for a sub: Europa Universalis IV why not.

User Info: trdl23

trdl23
1 month ago#270
Monika best girl
E come vivo? Vivo!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. TOMPIC 6: Lucha of Heroes: Trails in the Underground

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.