TOMPIC 6: Lucha of Heroes: Trails in the Underground

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. TOMPIC 6: Lucha of Heroes: Trails in the Underground

User Info: Tom Bombadil

Tom Bombadil
5 months ago#1
What should I listen to/play/watch next? (some restrictions apply) - Results (15 votes)
After Wheel of Time, start Oathbringer
6.67% (1 vote)
After Wheel of Time, start A Song of Ice and Fire
6.67% (1 vote)
After Wheel of Time, start Dune
20% (3 votes)
After Transistor, play whatever you get for B8 Steam-cret Santa
26.67% (4 votes)
After Transistor, play Steins;gate
6.67% (1 vote)
After Transistor, play Phantom Brave
0% (0 votes)
After Tiger Mask W, watch Log Horizon
13.33% (2 votes)
After Tiger Mask W, watch Assassination Classroom
13.33% (2 votes)
After Tiger Mask W, resume Hidamari Sketch
0% (0 votes)
After Lucha Underground, watch Sherlock
6.67% (1 vote)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
Welcome to the TOMPIC! In this, I will liveblog various things that I'm watching and reading and playing and doing. Dark Silvergun posts some too! There will be SPOILERS for anything I'm doing, although hopefully you can avoid reading updates for stuff you want to avoid spoilers on, and I try to tag some of the biggest reveals anyway.

The poll will officially run until TOMPIC 5 hits 500 AND I finish Wheel of Time or Transistor. The winner at that time I'll make sure to do...with a couple caveats this time. The (audio)books are subject to availability and condition at the library, but I know they at least have copies. I'm also not playing Trails SC before I finish the first one, even if it's my secret santa gift. Feel free to keep voting even if you come late- it'll still have some influence on future decisions, and on the poll when we get to TOMPIC 7!

I have more info, but I'll save it for the bumps. Here's TOMPIC 5 though!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/75395995
Lights, shining hope so far
The problem is the racism against cute Pokemon.- Luster Soldier

Tom Bombadil
5 months ago#2
(This won't get updates until the previous topic hits 500, but have some info posts!)

STUFF I'M WATCHING

Stardom World: Watching through chronologically just like I used to with WWE Network. Really digging it so far. Currently in 2013, so I might actually stand a chance of catching up with this one! I don't think anybody in topic really cares, so all I post are star ratings. Natsuki Taiyo and Kairi Hojo are my current faves.
NEXT UP: If I DO catch up, I'll probably drop it for NJPW or CHIKARA. Maybe. I dunno.

Let's Play MGS: With Chip and Ironicus. We're a good chunk into 3, and I intend to keep going all the way. Probably.
NEXT UP: Too far away to think about

Tiger Mask W: We've gotten to tiger mask HEEL TURN so we're pretty close to done. I'm pretty into it and it's successfully making me want to watch real NJPW.
NEXT UP: Possibly something from the poll!

Lucha Underground: ...I'm on more of a wrestling jag than usual, I guess. This is my "western TV" slot actually >_> I'm only a few eps in, partially because I can only watch half an ep per lunch break. I prefer Stardom's in-ring action, but not by much, and this has a really cool ambience. (and people actually talk sometimes)
NEXT UP: Possibly Sherlock! If not, off the top of my head I'd say Miraculous.

User Info: Llarian

Llarian
5 months ago#3
Tom Bombadil posted...

Wooo getting hype for either of these tbh
essentially shizuo "eat your vitamins and say your prayers" heiwajima in an apron.

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
5 months ago#4
Have you read the Kingkiller Chronicles? They're pretty good so far.

actually i have a f***ton of book recommendations if you're interested
Thus is our treaty written, thus is our agreement made. Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades. What was asked is given; the price is paid.
ARF

Tom Bombadil
5 months ago#5
Alright, shoot. There are a lot of standards I haven't read. I'm kinda attached to the three in the poll, but there's always room on my backlog :P

I'm mostly looking for fantasy and maybe mystery or historical fiction, but I'm open to other genres.

User Info: NFUN

NFUN
5 months ago#6
Fantasy:

American Gods
Mistborn
The Princess Bride
The Dresden Files
The Riftwar Saga

Science Fiction:

Foundation
Slaughterhouse-Five
Snow Crash
The Three Body Problem
Frankenstein
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
The Sirens of Titan
Cat's Cradle
Childhood's End
The Diamond Age
I, Robot
Ringworld
Stranger in a Strange Land

organized roughly in terms of [subjective] quality

And this has yet to let me down: http://www.npr.org/2011/08/11/139085843/your-picks-top-100-science-fiction-fantasy-books

I have more too; these are just things I read in the last year
Thus is our treaty written, thus is our agreement made. Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades. What was asked is given; the price is paid.
ARF
(edited 5 months ago)

Tom Bombadil
5 months ago#7
Perfect, thanks :D speaking of which

STUFF I'M READING

Wheel of Time: In audiobook form, which I have found extremely helpful for slogging through long series in a timely fashion. We're on the last half of the last book! I'll probably finish shortly after the other topic hits 500.
NEXT UP: Probably one of the things on the poll! I'm listening to CDs from the library, so it's somewhat contingent on what's available and in decent condition.

Order of the Stick: We're still dealing with the fallout in Azure City. I read this a long time ago, and this is about as far as I got, so I'm excited to go farther.
NEXT UP: I'm still feeling oldschool, so if I was picking today it'd be Megatokyo or 8-bit Theater, ,but there's newer stuff on my list as well. Regardless, first will be a quick catchup on Girl Genius, Cucumber Quest, and Paranatural.

Fountainhead: Still pretty early on. Pretty hit or miss so far- I am pretty sure I either really like Roark or really don't, but I haven't decided which. I wasn't even thinking about reading this, but my mom was excited about it for some reason.
NEXT UP: New Spring? Ready Player One? Some mystery stuff?

User Info: Maniac64

Maniac64
5 months ago#8
Llarian posted...
Tom Bombadil posted...

Wooo getting hype for either of these tbh
http://img.imgcake.com/drakeryn/maniacjpgma.jpg ~Drak
"Hope is allowed to be stupid, unwise, and naive." ~Sir Chris

Tom Bombadil
5 months ago#9
STUFF I'M PLAYING

Transistor: Gotta be getting close to the end. Really dig the ambience and character customization.
NEXT UP: Possibly something from the poll!

Trails in the Sky: Goin' into Zeiss. Big fan, will probably continue with SC before too long.
NEXT UP: When I finish a Steam game, I usually follow it up with a STEAM BATTLE where I put games in a bracket and play a bit of each to decide the matches.

Persona 5: Just started the Futaba palace. Everything I wanted from a new Persona.
NEXT UP: Either I'll hook up my PS2 or see what I can find for PS3/Wii U at the gamestop down the street >_>

Culdcept Revolt: I like this game a lot but frick it gets hard fast. Either that or I suck. I'm like two or three chapters in, but not progressing at all.
NEXT UP: Might spring for FE Echoes, might go back to Persona Q or Rune Factory 4....don't really know

Stardew Valley: I'm actually LPing this one. Links get posted here, but have a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2y6062kaHZPSrgW_DpPJQNB74olNe2tc

Tom Bombadil
5 months ago#10
Getting there!
  1. Boards
  2. GameFAQs Contests
  3. TOMPIC 6: Lucha of Heroes: Trails in the Underground

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.