• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Falling Skies: The Game
  3. Falling Skies: The Game What is it?

User Info: michael_pullman

michael_pullman
5 years ago#21
It's almost an exact rip-off of XCOM, which is a big minus in my book. Still, I'm big on strategy games too, so I'm enjoying it.

I have a small complaint about the camera angles (I swear, unlike XCOM, it's harder to maneuver the camera so that you can see where your cursor is) and a moderate one about the low difficulty (playing Normal-- enemies deliberately target multiple allies to make them less likely to get killed, and two times I literally came 1 HP from death, so I suspect that the game's cheating in my favor), but otherwise not bad.

User Info: projectpat72988

projectpat72988
5 years ago#22
michael_pullman posted...
It's almost an exact rip-off of XCOM, which is a big minus in my book. Still, I'm big on strategy games too, so I'm enjoying it.

I have a small complaint about the camera angles (I swear, unlike XCOM, it's harder to maneuver the camera so that you can see where your cursor is) and a moderate one about the low difficulty (playing Normal-- enemies deliberately target multiple allies to make them less likely to get killed, and two times I literally came 1 HP from death, so I suspect that the game's cheating in my favor), but otherwise not bad.

Seriously? I always had Xcom on my soon to play list. If its THIS close to Falling Skies then I wont play it. This game is just....the definition of a movie/tv cash in. Zero effort went into this....it feels like the only reason its turn based strategy is because it would be insanely easy to just mash it together like they did and make it a "functioning game" no matter how just flat out lame it is. So far theres no strategy involved....I dont really see how strategy CAN be involved when the enemies come out of nowhere....how are you supposed to plan for something that you dont know is coming? But dont get me wrong...its laughably easy and no one has died yet. It just seems WAY too easy and simple....and it takes way too long to move around the map.

User Info: michael_pullman

michael_pullman
5 years ago#23
Xcom is worth playing. It's done better. And you won't be disappointed by the difficulty. Playing a notch above Normal is enough to show how challenging it is.

Mind, enemies don't really come out of nowhere-- they're on the map, and part of the strategy is to be ready when you run into them. It's just that in Falling Skies, the AI doesn't punish players who sprint all over the map until the late game (where I've actually lost people a few times due to moving too aggressively).

User Info: zinsindetta

zinsindetta
5 years ago#24
It is like Xcom but not as polished. However I am a big fan of strategy and Xcom and I am enjoying this game.
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta

User Info: Aconformist

Aconformist
5 years ago#25
If you have already played XCOM, I would not recommend this game unless you are a die hard fan of Falling Skies as it will feel like taking a step backwards with the obviously less polished gameplay.

I've played XCOM thoroughly and have seen every episode of Falling Skies, but I had to turn this off after the first few missions.

User Info: tzar_666

tzar_666
5 years ago#26
Ive been playin tie-in games for 20 years and i can't remember any tie-in games that were any good
Could you imagine if we had to hunt to survive. We would starve. These mother f****** hit rabbits with bow and arrow. I cant hit toilet water with my own pee.
  1. Boards
  2. Falling Skies: The Game
  3. Falling Skies: The Game What is it?
  • Topic Archived