• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. There was a problem joining the game.

User Info: whitee444

whitee444
4 years ago#1
I keep getting the message there was a problem joining the game when I go to join a friends room we have all of our settings the same for multiplayer and we are both getting the same message is blizzards servers messed up?

whitee444
4 years ago#2
Any ideas? can join a quick match but not a game i get from invite from a friend

User Info: Rentz

Rentz
4 years ago#3
The game doesn't play through blizzard's server. Go to your options and turn off the region override.
psn: rabidspaghettios
playing: Diablo 3, Remember Me, AC4, Ni No Kuni.

whitee444
4 years ago#4
I am still having this problem after I turned off region overide I also installed the game again and did a connection test on my ps3 everything else worked other games can connect to my friend just not this one

Rentz
4 years ago#5
Is his region override off? Do either of you have media server enabled? Turn it off if you do.

whitee444
4 years ago#6
I turned mine off not sure about his but I gave him the message to turn it off if its not will keep this topic updated if it works or not thank you everyone

whitee444
4 years ago#7
We both turned our region override off and media server connection off and it still says there is a problem joining the game tried making the room public invite only and friends only and still nothing on every setting please help with a answer

User Info: Rinheart

Rinheart
4 years ago#8
Happens to me now and again. All I have to do is, quit the game and relaunch it and then I can get in.
GFAQ name:Rinheart | PSN:Rindhorn | Pawn: Liahn| Pawn level:200| Strider | DA

Rentz
4 years ago#9
What kind of router do you have? Do you forward and trigger your ports for gaming? Can you both play other games online? Did you install the game?

whitee444
4 years ago#10
I figured out what was wrong when you change the act or difficulty you have to on the main menu confirm all the steps and actually hit continue to where you join the town or main camp which confirms and changes the act then join your friends game
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. There was a problem joining the game.
  • Topic Archived