• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. You can't play online with someone who has the original Diablo 3???

User Info: chargr67

chargr67
5 years ago#1
My buddy got Reaper of Souls and he gave me his old copy of D3 so that we could play Coop. But it says I need the Ultimate Evil Edition disc to play... what the hell? When I play street fighter I can just change from Ultra to Super mode and play online? You can typically play GOTY editions with normal versions online? Are we doing something wrong?

User Info: EtroAnime

EtroAnime
5 years ago#2
Reapers Souls has a lot of Different content from the Vanilla version from the loot drops to the difficulty levels and amount of mobs on screen. It is unfortunate but you cannot play with someone who has the Vanilla version if you have RoS or vice versa. :(

To be honest if you like Diablo III enough you should just get RoS, it is only $40.
Far gone in Deep Space Ignition.
PSN ID: Rammel29

User Info: Rentz

Rentz
5 years ago#3
Yea, Reaper of Souls is not DLC. It is it's own standalone game.
psn: rabidspaghettios
playing: Diablo 3, Remember Me, AC4, Ni No Kuni.

User Info: Sorugue

Sorugue
5 years ago#4
Theres so much that has changed from the vanilla content to RoS that its impossible to make D3V compatible with RoS, that's why they include the original game with ROS
Currently playing : Rift ,Pokemon X, SMT: Digital Devil Saga, SMT: Devil Summoner 2, The Last of Us, Persona 4, Demon Gaze, Sims 3, Divinity: Original Sin
  1. Boards
  2. Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
  3. You can't play online with someone who has the original Diablo 3???
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A