• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Omega Quintet
  3. Instructions on how to unlock true ending route (spoilers)

User Info: Split Infinity

Split Infinity
4 years ago#1
So using the suggestion from Sakugen and plethora of links he provided I can give you the following observations.

- DO NOT MISS ANY SUBQUESTS, else you don't obtain key items needed to unlock later subquests in next chapters. Big mistake you can make is advancing in CH4, which is very short, and likely no subquests will appear if your ratings are low. Instead grind some battles, turn in 5 quests that appear in CH4, and you're good to go.

Note: I may be mistaken about key items part, but playing in my favor is the fact that I missed couple subquests in CH6, then CH7, and then CH8, even though I had required ratings. Then in CH9 Big MAD quest 4 didn't appear, effectively screwing me out of true ending.

- Before CH8 ends, get Aria's and Otoha's love levels to at least lv4. Great way to quickly increase love is to put the girl as only fighter, and then go to training grounds level 2. As battle starts, use items on yourself or something similar. On enemy's turn, hold X and press Circle when prompted. Each time protagonist guards the girl, her love affection increases.

- In CH9 finish off Big MAD quests 3, 4, and 5. You'll need about 2.050.000 ratings before final one appears.

- For the sake of being secure in CH9, do not turn in story-important-quests until you finish off all 8 subquests of CH9.

- After you turn in the last story-important-quest and you have to go to a new destination in the city, have your fingers crossed. If everything worked out for true ending, you'll have to fight Aria in the center ring, instead of the dead end on normal ending.

And here's a stupid question from me - how do you do Order Break?

User Info: Sakugen

Sakugen
4 years ago#2
Split Infinity posted...
And here's a stupid question from me - how do you do Order Break?

It's not something your party can do, but it's something that enemies/bosses do to ruin your day. Late game, enemies on Very Hard will Order Break like crazy.

Not sure on every little thing that makes enemies do it, but it's usually once they take enough of a beating or they reach certain HP thresholds. They also do it when the number of enemies on the field drops below a certain amount. Even when you get the surprise attack, late game normal enemies on Very Hard can easily start off with an Order Break and nuke your entire party if you're unlucky enough to encounter a group of 2-3. This is why hunting out in the fields is much more dangerous than in the training facility. The same deal goes for bosses there, and the random amount of smallfry enemies they spawn with.

Sometimes when you try to nuke a boss battle along with their smallfry, you might end up causing them to Order Break 3-4 times in a row, because of damage and enemy count thresholds. It is quite terrible and you should save often.
Hum.

User Info: animeloverzz

animeloverzz
4 years ago#3
So to put it simply the requirements are :
- At the end of chapter 8 make sure Otoha and Aria's affection at lvl 3 (as long as you watch all their events their affection lvl should be enough no need to grind and I didn't even choose Otoha for the last optional event at the beginning of chapter 9). Their affection lvl should at lvl 3 with around 70-80% of the bar filled. But if for some reason your affection lvls are still at 50% then maybe it would be safe to increase it a little bit.
- Finish all sidequests in chapter 9 (of course including the big MAD quest 3, 4, and 5) and like Split said because some of the other requirements to unlock the quests in chapter 9 are still unknown to be safe do all quests and don't miss any.
Now Playing : Omega Quintet (Very Hard)
Anticipating : Hanayamata Yosakoi Live, Shining Resonance, Tales of Zestiria

User Info: Split Infinity

Split Infinity
4 years ago#4
Additionally, when the choice for selecting your waifu comes up, that girl must have about 40-50% of lv3 love gauge filled up, if you want to select her.

User Info: AdmiralLemon

AdmiralLemon
4 years ago#5
Well, I'm basically screwed...oh well. Also, how to unlock MAD Quest S? I finished P, Q, and R, but I don't have S and there aren't any events popping up.
  1. Boards
  2. Omega Quintet
  3. Instructions on how to unlock true ending route (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived