• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Omega Ruby
  3. ORAS are the best Pokemon remakes. Best Pokemon game ever?
SeamusOHassey 1 month ago#1
Going back to ORAS and it's amazing how much better Hoenn looks than Kalos and even Alola. I'd say these are the perfect remakes outside of not having the Battle Frontier or those Battle Tents from Emerald. Just saying.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
Acknowledge me.
1nternationa7 1 month ago#2
They are so good that GF seems to have forgotten that the original RS existed as Generations and Evolutions uses ORAS.
FC: 3239 - 6867 - 7639 / Pokemon Y (Fraxure/Shelgon/Sliggoo Safari)
SeamusOHassey 1 month ago#3
Why use the originals when you have the superior ORAS? Just saying.
Acknowledge me.
Hardcoremash 1 month ago#4
Good point about RS vs ORAS. I'm not sure if I would say that ORAS Hoenn looks better than Kalos (unpopular opinion, but I thought Kalos had the best visuals out of all the 3D regions), but it certainly looks better than any 3D region after it. I would also say that ORAS feel like the most-up-date game because they were the last ones with a complete in-game National Dex, and they were the last ones with so many cool features like Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, Dexnav, Soaring, Secret Bases, Horde Battles, and Inverse Battles.
SeamusOHassey 1 month ago#5
I'm not going to lie, I didn't consider ORAS as the best for the longest. That was Black 2 and White 2 but over time, I started to see how amazing Hoenn looked in ORAS. It would look even better if the 3DS wasn't a low resolution nightmare. Just saying.

Hardcoremash posted...
looks better than Kalos (unpopular opinion, but I thought Kalos had the best visuals out of all the 3D regions)

Kalos had potential but imo it was held back by being so barebones and incomplete along with the Kanto pandering. Plus Lumiose City was the worst town of any Pokemon game mainly because of the nauseating camera angles.

And don't get me started on those motherfūü§¨ing skates that you can't turn off. Just saying.
Acknowledge me.
Hardcoremash 1 month ago#6
SeamusOHassey posted...
I'm not going to lie, I didn't consider ORAS as the best for the longest. That was Black 2 and White 2 but over time, I started to see how amazing Hoenn looked in ORAS. It would look even better if the 3DS wasn't a low resolution nightmare. Just saying.

Kalos had potential but imo it was held back by being so barebones and incomplete along with the Kanto pandering. Plus Lumiose City was the worst town of any Pokemon game mainly because of the nauseating camera angles.

And don't get me started on those motherfūü§¨ing skates that you can't turn off. Just saying.

First off, you could use the D-Pad to turn off the skates. Technically, there was an option, but not with the Circle Pad. Just saying.

Second off, the postgame was pretty barebones (not to the extent that Sun and Moon, Ruby and Sapphire, Sword and Shield, LGPE, RGBY, and Fire Red and Leaf Green were, but I still agree with this) and there was incomplete stuff (namely the Power Plant and the Couriway train station), but I completely disagree with the main game being barebones. I found a lot of interesting stuff to explore while traveling through Kalos. I was surprised by an optional route like Route 16 being as big and filled as it was, for instance. Something like the Battle Chateau and the optional spots in Lumiose City were far from being barebones. Postgame being barebones? Yes. Main game being barebones? Not at all, in my opinion.

Lastly, the Kanto pandering can be obnoxious, but I am just grateful that it doesn't overtake the entire game, like it does in the next generation. The Kanto pandering was only really in X and Y for Gen 6, whereas Gen 7 made Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, LGPE, three of its movies, Quest, and the anime be filled with nothing but Kanto pandering. Also, I disagree with Lumiose City being the worst when every Alola and Galar town exists; at least Lumiose City had substantial content to it.

But these are just my personal disagreements. You are just as valid for your opinions, dude.
SeamusOHassey 1 month ago#7
Hardcoremash posted...
First off, you could use the D-Pad to turn off the skates. Technically, there was an option, but not with the Circle Pad. Just saying.

Using the Dpad wasn't very practical since the game was in full 3D and not limited to the 2D grid like the previous generations. Yeah you can turn them off by using the dousing machine but it's still not as practical as it being an option. Just saying.

Hardcoremash posted...
Second off, the postgame was pretty barebones (not to the extent that Sun and Moon, Ruby and Sapphire, Sword and Shield, LGPE, RGBY, and Fire Red and Leaf Green were, but I still agree with this) and there was incomplete stuff (namely the Power Plant and the Couriway train station), but I completely disagree with the main game being barebones. I found a lot of interesting stuff to explore while traveling through Kalos. I was surprised by an optional route like Route 16 being as big and filled as it was, for instance. Something like the Battle Chateau and the optional spots in Lumiose City were far from being barebones. Postgame being barebones? Yes. Main game being barebones? Not at all, in my opinion.

I didn't have any problems overall with the region itself. Just Lumiose City and the fact that several things in Kalos were left unfinished with a very barren postgame. The region was fun to explore but Lumiose City was a major nope for me. I just couldn't stand the freaking camera angles.

Hardcoremash posted...
But these are just my personal disagreements. You are just as valid for your opinions, dude

I'm not saying that they aren't your own personal opinion. I'm just saying that Kalos could have been much better than what it was but with it being another Masuda directed set of games, I just learn to expect the least bit of effort. Just saying.
Acknowledge me.
W20adm 1 month ago#8
I recently went beyond gen 2 for the 1st time. Played thru emerald, loved it, especially as it was all brand new to me. Then bought and played thru the gen 4 gold and silver remakes, loved all the extras they brought to the classics.

Recently just got a copy of OR. Spent a few minutes on the previous owners save just running around. The 3d malarkey will take some getting used to, but I was intrigued by the urge to sample the primal reversion evolution thingys that they used to flog the remakes. Just hope they're worth it. Can't believe you can't get them shiny tho. Why "shiny lock" things?.... ridiculous. I have to end my "shiny legendary only" thing because of that now.
(edited 1 month ago)
SeamusOHassey 1 month ago#9
Not like having a shiny is anything special since their stats aren't any different from a normal Pokemon. Just saying.
Acknowledge me.
W20adm 1 month ago#10
SeamusOHassey posted...
Not like having a shiny is anything special since their stats aren't any different from a normal Pokemon. Just saying.
No course not. Its the rarity that appeals to most. Although the newer ones really ruined that.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Omega Ruby
  3. ORAS are the best Pokemon remakes. Best Pokemon game ever?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A