This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Omega Ruby
  3. Save data corruption? Say it ain't so!

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
4 years ago#1
Shortly after gaining the ability to fly on Latios, I examined a strange-looking glowy dot. I wound up in an area very much like the faeries' caves in the Sinnoh games. I knew what was coming! I saved and prepared myself for the inevitable battle. Yup, it was Azelf. Unfortunately, Azelf was something my team was not ready for. He KO'd my last Pokemon, and I decided to save myself some money by pressing L+R+A to soft reset.

Game data won't load. "An error has occurred."

Ooooookay... I reset the 3DS console. Same result when it should be reaching the Load screen.

I start to get worried. I had a Diancie! And I'd sent over a Kyogre! And I'd caught a shiny Tentacool! So I open the Pokemon Bank to salvage my rare stuff and was greeted with the exact same error message.

Nothing else seems to be affected, just Omega Ruby and the Bank. (Pokemon Y, for instance, loads just fine.)

Yes, I have the v1.1 update. Downloaded copy, if that matters.
Creator of Jay's Journey (see quote!)
"It's not ten years old! Therefore, it sucks!" - Nostalgia whores everywhere

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 years ago#2
If it's a physical copy, have you removed the game, checked the connectors, etc.?
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: MegaBassFalzar

MegaBassFalzar
4 years ago#3
He actually stated, in his post, that it was the downloaded copy.

And I know of no reason why that should happen. Have you contacted Nintendo?
By Right of Blood... by Right of the Seven who wove it, I would see through the veil of time!
The world , as they say, has moved on.

jayman7
4 years ago#4
Lexifox posted...
If it's a physical copy, have you removed the game, checked the connectors, etc.?

jayman7 posted...
Downloaded copy, if that matters.

I have, for the record, tried removing and putting back the SD card. And I've tested other downloaded games to make sure they still work. Again, only Omega Ruby and the Bank appear to be affected.

When I start up either one, they initially work just fine. But when it should get to the game load screen (OR) or checks the "game card" (Bank), that's when the error happens.

User Info: john150bacardi

john150bacardi
4 years ago#5
Since you have the downloaded copy, have you tried turning off your system, removing and installing back your SD card? Hope everything goes well cus' that would suck if you were never able to play your game again :(
http://i.imgur.com/z98miaJ.gif http://i.imgur.com/h44LCZv.gif

jayman7
4 years ago#6
MegaBassFalzar posted...
He actually stated, in his post, that it was the downloaded copy.

And I know of no reason why that should happen. Have you contacted Nintendo?

I'm trying. Just wanted to see if anyone here had seen the same thing, as responses here are often quicker than responses from Nintendo.

I'm vaguely reminded of what I've heard of the Lumiose saving problem for X/Y, though I don't know if it's the same thing.

User Info: The_Sol_Blader

The_Sol_Blader
4 years ago#7
It's dead, Jim

Might want to consider getting a new card too. Might be damaged
R - Official Matador of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board - Rose_Mage's loving husband
3DS FC: 4682-9838-9692 TSV: 841

jayman7
4 years ago#8
john150bacardi posted...
Since you have the downloaded copy, have you tried turning off your system, removing and installing back your SD card? Hope everything goes well cus' that would suck if you were never able to play your game again :(

I have tried that. Mind you, I could almost certainly get everything back in working order by deleting my save data, but

1) I was seven gyms in.

2) Diancie, Kyogre, and shiny Tentacool.

User Info: MegaBassFalzar

MegaBassFalzar
4 years ago#9
Do you live in America? The response time from NoA is extraordinarily fast in my experience, provided you call rather than email or submit a question online.
By Right of Blood... by Right of the Seven who wove it, I would see through the veil of time!
The world , as they say, has moved on.

jayman7
4 years ago#10
MegaBassFalzar posted...
Do you live in America? The response time from NoA is extraordinarily fast in my experience, provided you call rather than email or submit a question online.

Call them? After midnight? Or on Thanksgiving?
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Omega Ruby
  3. Save data corruption? Say it ain't so!
  • Topic Archived