This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Omega Ruby
  3. Speed boost Sharpedo through Dexnav

User Info: Boomer611

Boomer611
5 years ago#1
Hey everyone,

Getting through the game at the moment and not too worried about hidden abilities and natures for my in game team so in using a rough skin sharpedo. I am, however, a bit OCD when it comes to my competitive mons so I wanted to breed a speed boost sharpedo in a dive ball.

Now was far as I know this was impossible until this game and someone mentioned that they had caught a HA carvanha in game. I tried both fishing and surfing on route 118/119 but as far as I know the hidden abilities only come via Dexnav and I have only found carvanha through fishing. Just checking if it was possible to catch a speed boost sharpedo/carvanha in this game.

User Info: MeowMixMax

MeowMixMax
5 years ago#2
It is possible.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MeowMixMax
IGN Serena 0860-3392-4713

User Info: FuneralCake

FuneralCake
5 years ago#3
I'm not far enough in the game yet, but I think I read that you just need to catch the Pokemon first, then you can use DexNav to search for the Pokemon. You just head into the spot of water instead of fish. I think.
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

User Info: perfectchaos83

perfectchaos83
5 years ago#4
I saw Sharpedo on a Dexnav Panel, I think. So it should be possible.
The Sakura dance!
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3112/sakura.gif

User Info: SaveLine

SaveLine
5 years ago#5
I can confirm this, as I myself have caught a Speed Boost Sharpedo whilst surfing & using the DexNav. I guess it's safe to assume that you can pretty much catch these wherever they are available in the DexNav, since I caught mine in Route 119. Though, I suggest you DO ENCOUNTER even those Rough Skin Sharpedo because it is true that the more you encounter a certain pokemon, the higher the search level of your DexNav increases and so does the chance of encountering a HA Pokemon. :)

User Info: Tygore001

Tygore001
5 years ago#6
Once you've caught a Carvanha/Sharpedo, STOP fishing. Surf and use the DexNav search function instead.
3DS FC: 4511-0471-8035
Pokemon Y IGN: Justin

User Info: Boomer611

Boomer611
5 years ago#7
Thanks all :) found the function to search for the mon instead of just using it to identify the mysterious blob popping up.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Omega Ruby
  3. Speed boost Sharpedo through Dexnav
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A