This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  3. Corrupted Save Data

User Info: ConnorMarsh

ConnorMarsh
4 years ago#1
So. I've been soft resetting for a Mesprit all day. I wanted a Shiny one. I put my Living dex into my Alpha Sapphire. After a few hours, just now, I caught the shiny Mesprit and attempted to save. It froze in the middle. And I lost me shiny Mesprit. And the entire Living Dex that I worked for over 600 hours on. I'm assuming that there isn't, but is there any way to recover that data?

tl;dr: Sometimes I just hate Pokemon.

User Info: Brad0103triplex

Brad0103triplex
4 years ago#2
ConnorMarsh posted...
So. I've been soft resetting for a Mesprit all day. I wanted a Shiny one. I put my Living dex into my Alpha Sapphire. After a few hours, just now, I caught the shiny Mesprit and attempted to save. It froze in the middle. And I lost me shiny Mesprit. And the entire Living Dex that I worked for over 600 hours on. I'm assuming that there isn't, but is there any way to recover that data?

tl;dr: Sometimes I just hate Pokemon.

If you had backed up a save on powersaves then yeah...

I don't know any other way.
PSN: Brad0103triplex 3ds FC: 3969-4472-4483 IGN: Brad|TSV: 3690 and 0101
My List: http://goo.gl/GAQa8L

User Info: 1Maniac

1Maniac
4 years ago#3
I've also been SRing for shiny mesprit the past few days. Haven't found it yet but TC has me worried now..
3DS FC 3050-8078-0848 Pokemon X/Y: Flying, Rufflet, Tranquill, Farfetch'd
Trainer name on both: iManiac | PSN: iManiac1 | IGN: iManiac

User Info: RAcastBlaster

RAcastBlaster
4 years ago#4
If your save corrupts, it goes back to the last time you saved. Your living dex is fine, but your shiny Mesprit is lost to the RNG gods.

Pokemon games have always kept the previous save in case a save corrupts, as far back as RSE for sure, dunno about GSC and RBY.
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel types! MegaGross!

User Info: Syranic

Syranic
4 years ago#5
Can someone explain this powersaves thing to me? My 8gb sd card sometimes won't be detected and I'm scared my **** will get deleted eventually.
I've left whole towns like Balmora empty: 'Kleptomaniac' doesnt even begin to describe it.
They havent yet invented a word to describe the things I do. -Quaix

ConnorMarsh
4 years ago#6
How do you access it? Every time I load the game it just says it's corrupted, and to look at the manual.

RAcastBlaster
4 years ago#7
ConnorMarsh posted...
How do you access it? Every time I load the game it just says it's corrupted, and to look at the manual.

Does it not give you "Continue" as an option? In gen 3 and 4 games I had saves corrupt on me for one reason or another and it just said something to the effect of "Your save data has been corrupted, defaulting to the last valid save data," and let me continue from there.

Edit: By the way, is it a physical copy or digital?
Currently playing: Pokemon Y (Name: Ensei), Xenoblade Chronicles, 3DS FC: 2277-7562-5299 FS: Ghost @ Drfiblim, Lampent, Pumpkaboo
Steel types! MegaGross!

ConnorMarsh
4 years ago#8
It's physical. And no, it just says "Your save data is corrupted."

RAcastBlaster
4 years ago#9
ConnorMarsh posted...
It's physical. And no, it just says "Your save data is corrupted."

Care to post some screenshots?
Steel types! MegaGross!

ConnorMarsh
4 years ago#10
http://imgur.com/jSRyYLj

This is all I get.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  3. Corrupted Save Data
  • Topic Archived