• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Trap Team
  3. Does this use the Original/Giants Portal of Power?

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
4 years ago#1
So I just got Trap Team for my 3DS.
I noticed that they went back to the Original and Giants portal... or are there differences?
Can I use the older portals? What about Swap Force characters?
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
4 years ago#2
I located my original Skylanders 3ds portal (from the first game) and that did work with the Trap team game. The only problem you might have with it is if you were to try a Swapmaster figure. When you try one of those the game will say you can't use this toy with this game. That is only because the original portal can't read that figure and not because the Swap master doesn't work with the game. You will need at least a swapteam or trap team 3ds portal if you want to use swapmaster figures. I believe that those would be the only figures that won't work with Trap team 3ds and an original skylanders 3ds portal and a giants 3ds portal which is the same type of portal. After all giants 3ds did have a portal owners package so it would have to be the same. I guess if anyone that had an older 3ds portal and could get the trap team game by itself cheap then they could play the game just fine they just wouldn't be able to use Swapmaster figures if that older portal was a giants or original 3ds one.

User Info: Jiryn

Jiryn
4 years ago#3
I have a portal for each game honestly.
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Trap Team
  3. Does this use the Original/Giants Portal of Power?
  • Topic Archived