• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Trap Team
  3. just saw the 3ds version at the store

User Info: TheDreadedZero

TheDreadedZero
4 years ago#1
Its actually cheaper than the other versions for once. I think it's because the portal is smaller and it doesn't use the capture crystals. I wonder if it's still more of a platformer like the past 3ds entries.
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2 & Kirby Triple Deluxe. Soon to be playing Pokemon Omega Ruby & Super Smash Brothers.

User Info: Dahvoo

Dahvoo
4 years ago#2
It's still plays like the past 3DS games, although there are some new puzzles elements involving the touch screen and stuff.

And although it doesn't use the physical traps like the other console games, you can trap enemies within the game and use them. There are some exclusive enemies that aren't in the other console versions as well.

One of the other unique things is being able to play a version of the original Skystones game online with other 3DS owners.
GT/PSN/Nintendo Network ID: Dahvoo
3DS FC: 0946-2251-0734; Steel Safari: Ferroseed, Forretress, Klefki

User Info: TheDreadedZero

TheDreadedZero
4 years ago#3
The biggest gripes with the past Skylanders games on 3ds was that although I liked them better at first (spyros adventure on 3ds was a platformer whereas on consoles you couldn't jump), now that they've added more features to the console versions the 3ds versions seem too linear, too easy, and too watered down. They used to be unique (spyros adventure was great) but Giants and swap force feel like they're just trying to be smaller versions of their console brothers.
Nintendo ID: TheDreadedZero
Playing Pokemon Black 2 & Kirby Triple Deluxe. Soon to be playing Pokemon Omega Ruby & Super Smash Brothers.

User Info: Bekness

Bekness
4 years ago#4
My biggest annoyance was with the first 2 3DS Skylander games and having to swap Skylanders was annoying. It's a portable console and when I took it away for a weekend or whatever, I couldn't take all my Skylanders.

You could get bonuses if you used a Skylander with the element of the day, but then if you did that you could miss elemental gates in the levels.

I can see why they did it that way, to try and combat against people just borrowing Skylanders and what have you. But still, that bothered me.

I haven't picked up the 3DS version yet, but I'm looking forward to it. It seems like Skylanders in general is losing popularity. A lot of parents are getting sick of shelling out for it.
Babes & I Now Playing: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
Babes & I Now Reading: The Clique, Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Trap Team
  3. just saw the 3ds version at the store
  • Topic Archived