• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Trap Team
  3. Are people still actually playing the game itself?

User Info: Silver_Thunder

Silver_Thunder
4 years ago#1
Just curious as to those who are still playing the game. What's keeping your interest?

My wife and I have completed the game long ago and still have a few levels to get 4 stars on. We've also finished all the levels on Nightmare as well, except we cannot beat Kaos. Extremely difficult and just not worth the effort really. We've done most of the arenas as well. We have the 2 expansion levels and about 15-20 figures including at least of one each element for the trap masters and traps, including Kaos. We've thoroughly enjoyed playing, but interest just dropped to next to nothing.

We haven't played in a couple months... which, just makes me curious about what others are doing with Skylanders Trap Team. Are you just collecting figures or actually playing?
"Must be glorious to have such a happy knack for clarity and concision."

User Info: TGSnowwy

TGSnowwy
4 years ago#2
Even our hard-core collectors play the game, presumably trying to max both the in-game content and the characters themselves. However, it sounds to me like the next Skylanders will need to both be very careful and have a high WOW factor if it wants to attract many existing players for another round. The competition from an increasingly crowded (and increasingly expensive) market starring Disney Infinity 3.0, Lego Dimensions, and to some extent Amiibo won't help either.

Personally, I left parts of the game undone until they'd released all the characters that I actually wanted, so that I would have something "new" for my newest characters, instead of just replaying the exact same levels or arenas for the 35th time.
.../\_/\...
>(^_^)<

User Info: Lastjustice

Lastjustice
4 years ago#3
I got 100% Stars and platinum trophy a bit ago, but I still play the game here and there as I get new characters. Usually when my niece comes over. I might have beaten the game ugly, but she still hasn't seen everything.

Beating Nightmare, it was a blood bath against Kaos. I thankfully had 2 Eon's elite at the time, and a Kaos trap to power thru it.(Kaos makes Nightmare playable if you have one. I had the dark edition so I had one since release.) At some point got lazy and just kept dropping as many skylanders on the pad as it took to end it. I have a vast enough collection the casualties didn't phase me. I used every special weapon I had, like the dragonfire canon. I can completely understand if someone were like this nuts as he is really a sack of hps and does waay too much damage.
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
4 years ago#4
My older sister is playing in the next room. We played together around Christmas (when she got it), but the combination of other (more compelling) games coming out and work mean we essentially dropped it after completing the story.

I was thinking of going back once I got three new "dragons" (Echo, Spotlight, and Blackout) but I essentially lost interest in Skylanders while waiting for them to release. It seems Activision has finally taken a break from the series, though, so maybe they're pulling out all the stops to reinvigorate Skylanders with the fifth main game.

As TGSnowwy pointed out, competition is starting to heat up, and adding a new gimmick each game (that you essentially drop when the next installment rolls out) isn't going to keep existing fans interested. Disney has HUGE, established IPs that it can leverage with Infinity, and the pressure is on Skylanders remain the king of the hill.

It's almost June, so if a Skylanders game were coming out this year...we'd certainly have at least had an announcement by now.
How about a sign that just says "DON'T"? You could hit people with it.
Official Deviant of the SSB4WiiU Boards

User Info: TGSnowwy

TGSnowwy
4 years ago#5
We're actually expecting an announcement of the 5th Skylanders game within the next few weeks. Rumors suggest it will be called Skylanders Superchargers.

Each of the first 4 games came out in October, so this timing allowed them to release everyone for TrapTeam (supposedly helping to maintain some interest in it), while still giving them about 4 months to try to build hype for the next installment. They have their work cut out for them, between the competition, the money fatigue, and the failure to incorporate previous gimmicks in any meaningful way.
.../\_/\...
>(^_^)<
  1. Boards
  2. Skylanders Trap Team
  3. Are people still actually playing the game itself?
  • Topic Archived